Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound dampening suggestions?

Sound dampening suggestions?

My next project for the Merc is sound dampening for the trunk and all four doors.I'd appreciate some input from members who have this stuff installed in their Marauders and some brand suggestions thanks

When I had mine apart I did all four doors. The stuff I bought was CHEAP on eBay and felt/performed like brand name stuff. A search will yield lots of options but you don't need a name brand. Body shops use generic brand after panel repair or replacement. It makes a difference and the doors close with a solid sound. I have a box at home - I will reply to the thread this evening with the specific information.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by BAD MERC View Post
    When I had mine apart I did all four doors. The stuff I bought was CHEAP on eBay and felt/performed like brand name stuff. A search will yield lots of options but you don't need a name brand. Body shops use generic brand after panel repair or replacement. It makes a difference and the doors close with a solid sound. I have a box at home - I will reply to the thread this evening with the specific information.

Totally true IF you shop and compare. I used some cheap stuff from Summit on my entire floor and the heat and sound from the headers is completely gone. Even when you shut the doors you can here the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Ok I got this from an eBay seller but there's a website www.GTmat.com and the part number is GT-PRO-4. It appears to be 12" X 36" and it cost $18.99 per box SHIPPED. Three boxes did all four doors thoroughly. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-25-Sqft-...cAAOSwcwhVP6ex
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I've used second skin on two vehicles. First vehicle was a built 03 Harley f150 with LTs and magnaflows. Second vehicle was a marauder with rear cats and resonators removed. Really good results on both vehicles. Will likely be what I go with on this marauder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

After 13 years I finally tinted my widows, it made a difference in sound levels
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Ehhhhhh I dont think so.Yeah well my big car amplifier in the trunk added horsepower.

I have used B-Quiet Ultimate for about 12 years now on all my builds, the stuff is amazing and half the price of others.

https://www.b-quiet.com/
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    I have a few things done to it, Eaton swap next!
    1993 Ford Taurus SHO-Every bolt on available...Awaiting a Turbo
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS
    2011 Ford Flex Titanium, Ecoboost
    www.cardomain.com/id/shofast
    If you don't stand behind our troops; please feel free to stand in front of them!

I used the 60 mil gt mat on all doors package tray and rear seat back. For the floor and trunk lid I use gr8 mat s brush on stuff. I have a kicker 12 where the factory sub was. Loud as he'll in the car with door shut and Windows closed can barely her it outside. I also added foam from pat catana inner package tray cover, c pillar covers and overhead console. No annoying rattles.
    04 mgm (rauder wannabe)
    Jmod, 2900 stall 10inch. Pi shaft and housing with lube mod. 3.73 carbon posi. 70mm tb ported knives edged plate and modded shaft, plenum p and p. Boc tune. And the mods don't stop.

I'd post pictures but they won't upload
    04 mgm (rauder wannabe)
    Jmod, 2900 stall 10inch. Pi shaft and housing with lube mod. 3.73 carbon posi. 70mm tb ported knives edged plate and modded shaft, plenum p and p. Boc tune. And the mods don't stop.

Im looking at the Gtmat now considering maybe the 110 mil im just worried about how heavy that stuff is

I'm no expert but unless your trying to rattle your car apart with a system. The thinner stuff will.do just fine.i bought the 50sqft of 50mil and it did all my doors and package tray top and bottom with some to spare
    04 mgm (rauder wannabe)

I used the stinger stuff that has foil on the face. I put it on the inside of the door and also the outside of the door against the panel. I also used it on the package shelf and trunk floor.
    I used the lead mat on the interior floor as well. Made a BIG difference on road noise and made the speakers sound much better. I did this 9 years ago when I first got it and have not had any issues with pieces falling off.
    I do every car I own. to me it is a worthwhile investment in time and money.

Im definitely gonna need thicker than 50 mil trunk area rattles out of control keep in mind i have 2 Rockford Fosgate T 1 12s which is pretty much competition level stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information