Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FM band repair

After getting home and looking, I have the one y'all are talking about. The cd player quit working is there a reset process I can do or do I need to just get a new one?

do you have cd's stuck?

dont know if this works or not
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...11827_ds191948
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    do you have cd's stuck?

dont know if this works or not

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...11827_ds191948

I don't know, I just got it back from Mo's about a month ago and it was there for about six months, maybe from having the battery unhooked for so long caused some kind of issue with it.

I thought I saw somewhere the CD player guts are the same as factory radio and may be able to be swapped into the Escape unit.....You'll have to verify, don't have time to search at moment.
    ______________________________ _______________
    2003 BLACK 300A 06/19/2002 Build 1665 of 7839

Crashed Audiophile CD player

It is possible to crash the firmware in this CD player, requiring a full power cycle (battery disconnect) to reset it. I've done this, and repeated this, by burning CD's with MP3s on it with a file format that the player doesn't understand. In fact, the problem caused me to go buy another one, then I crashed that one too...and realized what was going on, so I wrote an instructable on how to properly burn MP3 data CDs for this player that won't crash the firmware.

Specifically, inserting a disk burned in UDF format will crash it. It will do nothing useful with CDs after that unless you completely cold boot the unit by removing all power.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...Radio-Play-Mp/

To reset the situation, either pull it out of the dash and unplug it for a minute or two, or disconnect the battery and turn on your headlights for a minute or two or pull the radio fuse and let it sit for 10 minutes. When you reconnect power, make sure the first thing you do is eject the CD. Don't hit play, or you'll crash it again.

Of course, it's entirely possible that this isn't what caused yours to crash. I hope it is. It's easily fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
    Pull it out and send it to United Radio. They can fix it. Google them, they have two locations, one north, one south. Mine did the same thing, but I prefer Sirius so I am just using that through the tape player. Have been for a few years now.
    A little late here, but thanks for the reply. Recall how much it cost to fix?
    2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
    Mods: 21mm rear sway bar, Marauder head unit, Marauder sub/amp, Curless cure, Ford focus fog lamps with Marauder head light switch.

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty XLT: 7.3l nuff said.

2022 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

Hg = Mercury (see periodic table of elements).

Quote Originally Posted by Hg M75 View Post
    A little late here, but thanks for the reply. Recall how much it cost to fix?
    No I am sorry I do not. I had a friend that took care of me at the Syracuse, NY shop. I would call the closest one to you and inquire. It can't be that much and they have most likely done this many times.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Ok thanks, right now its working again but I know I'm on borrowed time. Incidentally I just fixed the display on my F250, it was dim, a little solder on four resistors fixed it right up. Appreciate the info.
    2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
    Mods: 21mm rear sway bar, Marauder head unit, Marauder sub/amp, Curless cure, Ford focus fog lamps with Marauder head light switch.

2001 Ford F250 Super Duty XLT: 7.3l nuff said.

2022 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

2017 Ford Edge Titanium

Hg = Mercury (see periodic table of elements).

Quote Originally Posted by pantheroc View Post
    I thought I saw somewhere the CD player guts are the same as factory radio and may be able to be swapped into the Escape unit.....You'll have to verify, don't have time to search at moment.
    I highly doubt that....

Factory is single CD, Escape is 6 CD changer.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious1 View Post
    Nice looking "factory appearing" radio head... but no cassette player. Nuts!
    My Marauder head unit lost all radio reception, but the cassette and CD still work.
    I use a cassette adapter for playing Pandora from my iPhone through the car's speaker system.
    Regards,
    Gene

2004 Grandma Marquis LS HPP ( With "MZT" and "SCT ": "The Undercover Marauder")

2004 Ford Ranger Duratec Flareside

1984 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information