Thread: LCM R & R

LCM R & R

Tools, 7mm nutdriver or socket and small tip screwdriver

The LCM is about the size of a brick and is located just to the right of the steering column, above the OBDII connector.

1. Remove the under dash cover if equipt.
    2. Unplug the bottom two connectors fron the LCM (black and grey IIRC)
    3. remove the two 7mm retaining screws
    4. Push on the latch and push the LCM towards the front of the car while rotating towards the roof
    5. Once it's free of the bracket, pull the LCM down and release the remaing connector (white)

Installation is the reverse of the removal process.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Is it necessary to disconnect the battery before removing the LCM? Thanks, Joe

No, I've never disconnected the battery.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I always remove the gas pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I always remove the gas pedal.
    I had a few occasions where I had to MOVE the pedals forward.
    Last edited by fastblackmerc; 05-17-2017 at 03:34 AM.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

I leave everything in place (my pedals are always at the lowest point) and just cuss until the LCM comes out.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

While I was doing the Curless Cure, I did my LCM repair as preventative maintenance due to the ease of access.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I like it. The simplest solutions are always best.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

The Ford/HELM Shop Manual tell you to remove the gas pedal, but I read the procedure for that, and decided to try removing the LCM by wiggling and cursing, just like this thread's author. I was successful; while I was replacing the LCM, I also did the headlight relay modification, so I probably won't need to do the LCM again.
    Regards,
    Gene

2004 Grandma Marquis LS HPP ( With "MZT" and "SCT ": "The Undercover Marauder")

2004 Ford Ranger Duratec Flareside

1984 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

Wasn't that hard maybe more tedious than anything that I've done. I'm a little hard headed though and didn't follow these instruction initially, but ultimately wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyGuy View Post
    The Ford/HELM Shop Manual tell you to remove the gas pedal, but I read the procedure for that, and decided to try removing the LCM by wiggling and cursing, just like this thread's author. I was successful; while I was replacing the LCM, I also did the headlight relay modification, so I probably won't need to do the LCM again.
    Did you replace the other three relays too?
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Did you replace the other three relays too?
    No...
    I installed a new, right-out-of-the-box Ford LCM, and added the external headlight relay modification kit from the guy at CVN. I also have a few replacement relays and a roll of Kester 63/37 in case any of the internal LCM relays decide to fail, but I'm not holding my breath until I need them.
    Regards,
    Gene

2004 Grandma Marquis LS HPP ( With "MZT" and "SCT ": "The Undercover Marauder")

2004 Ford Ranger Duratec Flareside

1984 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

Thread Information