Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive 20" wheel setup

Aggressive 20" wheel setup

Hey guys I'm new here and fairly new to the marauder game. I was looking to get away from that grandpa look and ran across a good deal on a set of K3 Projekt 20" wheels. The specs are 20x9 +18 and 20x11 +20. This is NOT my first time running an aggressive set up on my cars but it is on these Panthers. I saw the potentional of the fender size and shape and HAD to give these a shot. I don't mind doing some minor fender pulling with my Eastwood fender roller later (if needed) as the factory fenders & quarter panels are already thin which is a +.

I slightly modded the ride height by chopping 1" on top of the front springs and adjusting the rear air ride sensor to match the front.

I'm running 245/40/20 up front and 285/35/20 in the rears for now. I originally had 35 walls in front but it looked too skinny (ugly tire gap still) so I changed them out to 40 walls. I refuse to chop away at the front springs anymore and do not want give up the factory ride quality. I can't stand DONKS on the Panthers and the factory 18s look too bland.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions but here goes nothing... you'll either hate it or love it. Any questions please feel free to ask away

Before

After

Last edited by Slizzard; 05-29-2017 at 05:33 PM.

stick out too far for my taste. marauder wheels are not bland, 18" may be small in today's world, but it wasn't ehen they came out.
    Last edited by RubberCtyRauder; 05-29-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

What's ya plan for those bland 18" grandpa rims? Just wonderin

Quote Originally Posted by GSRighttt View Post

What's ya plan for those bland 18" grandpa rims? Just wonderin

Lol I'm all about limited production cars bc of the rarity of them so the wheels are placed in storage. I have no intentions on selling them.
    Last edited by Slizzard; 06-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Yeah. No.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    stick out too far for my taste. marauder wheels are not bland, 18" may be small in today's world, but it wasn't ehen they came out.
    Alrightyyy, flame suit on. Bring it..i have thick skin

I am aware of them slightly poking out hence the title name. I am not stretching skinny tires on wide wheels, I'm not hellaflushed (tucking rims into fenders from being slammed), I have a 2 finger tire gap as planned and retained full factory functionality. It's not that serious..just wheels and a nice drop.

I love the diameter and the design. I would need a shot from the front or rear to decide if they stick out too much. Judging by the pics you provided, 7.75 out of 10.
    Good show O. P.

It looks aggressive and I like the stance but they take away the look that makes it a Marauder. Now it's a Grand Marquis with nice wheels to those that don't pay attention to the tiny letters in the rear bumper.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzard View Post
    Alrightyyy, flame suit on. Bring it..i have thick skin

I am aware of them slightly poking out hence the title name. I am not stretching skinny tires on wide wheels, I'm not hellaflushed (tucking rims into fenders from being slammed), I have a 2 finger tire gap as planned and retained full factory functionality. It's not that serious..just wheels and a nice drop.
    I'm not flaming you, its not for my taste is all. the offset makes them stick out. I like lowered with the wheels tucked in like mini tubbed. wider than the car body is a totally different. your car you can modify as you like
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    The wheels look nice , but the offset is wrong , you want a more tucked look , my first set of budget 20s had a +40mm offset on a 20X10 wheel which sticks out too far in the front for my taste , that has been corrected with my second set of 20s which were substantially more money to get the correct offset for the car and my liking , but as long as you like it thats the only opinion that matters.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Nice wheels ,I would probably go with a bigger tire in the rear
    Vin: 2MEHM75V63X615175
    Build Date: 6/10/2002
    Serial#: 995 of 7839
    995 of 7093 Black

Accel coil on plugs/Autolite 104s/ K&N intake/Flowmaster 40s/Powdercoated goodys/
    LED Grille scanner/BIGCARSFOREVER Dead pedal/SCT Tune/BBK Power Plus twin blade 65mm throttle body

Quote Originally Posted by SOSA03 View Post
    Nice wheels ,I would probably go with a bigger tire in the rear
    Thanks guys on your inputs. I chose the current tire sizes based on the tire calculators equivalent sizes when converted from 18" to 20". I'm experimenting with the sizes and wheel fitment since I'm new to this chassis.

Car looks good in the last picture, nice lowered stance. But yea, they stick out a little too much for me.

Not liking them.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

All ya need now is the Demon wheel flares and your good to go...........
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information