Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCV system for Eaton conversions

Exclamation PCV system for Eaton conversions

OK, my inbox is getting pretty cluttered on this so here you go.

Passenger side head will use your existing PCV (but drilled out hollow) and a piece of tubing from your stock set up.

I had to remove a small section from the tube, but it works flawlessly.

On the drivers side, install a new Marauder PCV valve and reuse your plastic 90 from the old ( heat gun removes and installs this easilly) into the rubber grommet, reuse your existing straight rubber hose, 1/2" x 3" IIRC. Then use a piece of 1/2" EMT conduit from there(I will provide this for you for free plus shipping if you desire) to a rubber 90 1/2" x 5/8" Dorman part# 47028 found at Autozone. This was pretty tight, but it worked good.

Here is a picture of all parts involved, you should have all but a new PCV, rubber elbow, and a piece of pipe. This is about a 3 minute install.

Here is what it should look like after finished (I would paint or use wire loom myself) I also made a slightly newer design than what is pictured with some tighter bends near the wiper cowl.

I will have two pipes in the mail tomorrow and will know prices on shipping in the morning. I plan to make this easy and just use the one price box or envelope the USPS provides. I will edit this post when I know more.

EDIT: Price for pipe is $5.35 (shipping and paypal fees)
    Last edited by justbob; 05-14-2010 at 06:57 AM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Bawazir's adopted Father first it was Zack than it is you

A legend quote a True Ride can not be no Rider without a Marauder
    Finally Eatonized by ZackZillaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Cardomain link: http://www.CarDomain.com/ride/3380944

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it

[quote=justbob;910688]OK, my inbox is getting pretty cluttered on this so here you go. [quote]
    Are they all from Bazzle?
    Marauderless....

[QUOTE=The Bandit;911363][quote=justbob;910688]OK, my inbox is getting pretty cluttered on this so here you go.
    Are they all from Bazzle?
    funny aviator

A legend quote a True Ride can not be no Rider without a Marauder
    Finally Eatonized by ZackZillaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Cardomain link: http://www.CarDomain.com/ride/3380944

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it

[quote=bawazir;911365][quote=The Bandit;911363]
    Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    OK, my inbox is getting pretty cluttered on this so here you go.

funny aviator
    Thanks Boner-zir
    Marauderless....

Just a FYI on the PCV setup... Anybody who hasn't installed the Eaton conversion yet with some of the fittings plugged, you can just use the complete OEM Cobra PCV setup which may be included with your kit if it came from a Cobra take-off instead of buying piece-by-piece.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

This is a good fix for those who blocked off the lower intake outlet...

I used the oem cobra tube that goes from the back of the blower, connects to the bottom of the intake and to the drivers side head. I used the EV-111 pcv valve that closes under boost.

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut View Post
    Just a FYI on the PCV setup... Anybody who hasn't installed the Eaton conversion yet with some of the fittings plugged, you can just use the complete OEM Cobra PCV setup which may be included with your kit if it came from a Cobra take-off instead of buying piece-by-piece.
    Very true, and best way too go.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdenning002 View Post
    This is a good fix for those who blocked off the lower intake outlet...

I used the oem cobra tube that goes from the back of the blower, connects to the bottom of the intake and to the drivers side head. I used the EV-111 pcv valve that closes under boost.
    Also good way too go. I still haven't had a chance to check out a stock Cobra, but would like to see one for myself.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Eaton conversion pvc route

In reguards to PVC hook up in post #1 & #7 is one better than the other. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to comming off the lower ontake ?>
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

if you pull vacuum off the blower for the pcv wouldnt that pull oil residue in through blower and on intercooler? is there a fitting on lower intake for vacuum?
    would it be better to have a pcv catch can inbetween pcv and intake?

Try a baffled catch can for better results or do like others and put on a set of breathers.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    Try a baffled catch can for better results or do like others and put on a set of breathers.
    I started with breathers, went to a baffled catch can.

Baffled catch can is THE way to go.

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    In reguards to PVC hook up in post #1 & #7 is one better than the other. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to comming off the lower ontake ?>
    I like mine as it won't pull excess oil through the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by jay03merc View Post
    if you pull vacuum off the blower for the pcv wouldnt that pull oil residue in through blower and on intercooler? is there a fitting on lower intake for vacuum?
    would it be better to have a pcv catch can inbetween pcv and intake?
    The lower intake is boost sensitive, not the blower.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
    True
    Breathers FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead View Post
    I started with breathers, went to a baffled catch can.

Baffled catch can is THE way to go.
    True.

Now that that is over..... I pretty much copied the stock Marauder way but in reverse order on bazzles ride is all and it works flawlessly. I saved him from smelling them OBNOXIOUS fumes that made my eyes water standing near it.

Why aren't more of you worried about the EGR and its ability to help cool the intake charge AND save some fuel?? That could be EASILLY addressed by reforming the wiper cowl. Seriously, get some spare plastic pieces, cut out a box, and plastic weld a box out. There is plenty of room before the wiper arm would hit.

EDIT Stay tuned on a SIMPLE fix to this...
    Last edited by justbob; 06-11-2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Changed my opinions over the last year.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Good point Bob on the EGR. I have personally tried several times to get some interest in relocating the EGR valve somewhere else and keep the emmissions active, but I never got any interest from the Eaton swap crowd.

If you guys can pick ALL these parts and hunt through God knows how many for sale ad's on various mustang forums,
    then do the install yourselve's why is the PCV and EGR considered impossible to complete?

The EGR is way too important of a device to delete.

Quit beating a dead horse guys, for real..

Ofcourse a catch can is the best way to go!
    My way 2nd
    Then breathers..

I was trying to help the community with an ultra cheap solution, in under 20 minutes, to address breathers and there failability is all. Not reinvent the wheel.
    Last edited by justbob; 06-11-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Still haven't bothered to look at a stock cobra.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information