Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good to see some cats like curves!!

Good to see some cats like curves!!

Long time Panther enthusiast, but new member. It's killer to see some cats on here like the twisty parts of roads! I'm acquiring a second Marauder as soon as I sell my 67 Galaxie and I'm Eaton swapping it and throwing every single suspension mod at it I can. I want an AMG killer! Hahaha!! I was just wondering if anyone on here goes to track days and if there are any in or near Kentucky. Also, has anyone done any other suspension mods than just the norm? Thanks!

AMG killer? Skip the Eaton, go Whipple..

Welcome, and don't miss our annual Louisville meet in early April!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I may have to hold off on the Whipple for the Eaton and save up for the Whipple while the Eaton is on and then sell it off when I'm done with it. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll have 2 to bring! Oh, aslo, what Whipple is the best? I'm new to supercharging, pretty much. Thanks, again!

Planning on building the motor inside? a whipple will tear apart a stock motor. Best to keep eaton to around 425 rwhp if stock motor
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

That's what I was thinking. Since I'm looking for control in the turns, I don't wanna go over 400/420rwhp until I get hella used to it. I was planning on leaving the guts stock if it looked okay. I'm new to boosting, so I don't know how much the stock MM engine and trans and rearend will hold. Like I said, it'll be boosted, but I'm not going crazy with it. If I do anything, I'll just rebuild the engine if need be. Thanks!

I know these Teskid blocks are bitchin though!

And there goes the AMG killer LOL

Lower your expectations, Eaton swap, suspension, enjoy. Or buy a much lighter weight car.

Studies show that handling and performance on these are the number nine cause of divorces, and when done right the number one feeling you get when you take away the smile from the "fast car" at the drop of the go pedal in this land barge.

You've been warned.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    And there goes the AMG killer LOL

Lower your expectations, Eaton swap, suspension, enjoy. Or buy a much lighter weight car.

Studies show that handling and performance on these are the number nine cause of divorces, and when done right the number one feeling you get when you take away the smile from the "fast car" at the drop of the go pedal in this land barge.

You've been warned.

100% agree!

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    An eaton swapped Marauder doesn't stand a chance against a normally aspirated CLS550 , let alone an AMG!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by 03BlackWindDOHC View Post
    I know these Teskid blocks are bitchin though!

Marauders dont have teksid blocks
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Hey, hey, hahahaha, one can wish, lol. Naw, I just want something I like, take pride in, and can enjoy. I got OCD and can get "rowdy" with ideas, haha!! I thought Marauder's had Teskid's? Huh. Who made the blocks for the Marauder? How strong are they for an Eaton swap? I can't imagine what a Marauder would handle like with all the suspension mods installed and working right. I lead off of a lot of Mustangs, Chargers, and smaller BMW's and Benz's in the twisties, stock. Or no one can drive for **** in my town, haha. Seriously, my old P -71's were **** compared to my Marauder. Same roads.
    I'll give up the AMG killer dream. I just want the best handling Marauder "I" can have. How's that? Lol

Come to Louisville next April and I'll give ya a thrill ride!

SOLD 12/31/2021

I'm DEFINITELY coming to Louisville in the spring!! Hopefully I'll have another by then too! Probably will, my Galaxie is up for sale!

Damn, I'd love to take a ride in yours, from reading that list!!!!

Bob's "thrill ride" is something you'll never forget!!!

I'll be the first to start talking suspension. Start with the Addco sway bars, those are a must. Just remember to use Energy Suspension links for the rear. I pushed my car so damn hard that I ripped the rubber Addco ones apart! Go for rear control arms and watt's link next. Coilovers you can get from Naake, which uses a QA1 shock, or from Ridetech. A member by Lifespeed has a super duper fancy custom coilover deal from JRI, but it was upwards of $3000. Just remember, you get what you pay for, & Lifespeed's car is a carver. If you want to get REALLY crazy, message me. I have a few plans for spherical link, annoyingly stiff, straight up race track stuff.

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information