Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SPC Camber kit

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrillb2 View Post
    The way I understand your posts...

You bought the kits.

You paid a tech to install them. Said tech didn't clearance the frame per the instructions. And he simply installed the kits.

You took the car then to get an alignment elsewhere. Said alignment tech seemed to try pretty damn hard to adjust your kits to the specs you wanted. But because the first tech who installed them didn't clearance the frame, the alignment tech couldn't get the needed rotation from the cams. This is where your kit damage most likely occurred. The bolts are damaged because the alignment tech was trying to force their rotation but the cams themselves wouldn't rotate. So the bolts started to egg the holes in the cams.

So you brought back to the guy who didn't complete the job the first time, he completed the job.

You brought it to a different shop who did get it adjusted. But gave you a pretty **** alignment if at the very least your steering wheel isn't remotely close to straight.

But it's all Firestone fault.

Atleast that's how I interpret your posts anyway.
    That's how I read it, too. And for what it's worth, my local Firestone dealer has a stellar reputation.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Care to explain what I did wrong ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You went to an in/out shop for custom work.
    My only advise is spend the refund money on a set of tools and learn how to do simple work yourself.
    Take ownership of the outcome so you can't fault anyone else.
    Last edited by musclemerc; 03-20-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCAT View Post
    Courtesy of Carfixer

The inside edge wear of the front tires is caused by 2 things: negative camber and negative toe (toe out). Caster is not a tire wearing angle. The outside edge wear can be caused by excessive toe in and aggressive cornering.

Factory camber spec is -.5 degrees or- .75 degrees
    Factory toe spec is -.15 degrees or- .20 degrees
    (BTW, this info came from their website which is updated periodically and may differ from previously published material, such as cd's and paper manuals)

That means your alignment could have -1.25 degrees of camber and toe out of -.35 degrees and still be in the green. This will wipe out the inside edges in 20K miles IMO.

All of the MM's I've aligned (about 10) had at least -1.0 degrees of camber and always toe out of -.10 degrees or more from the factory. That's why almost all MM's you see have excessive inside edge tire wear.

For best tire wear, here is what I use on all MM alignments:
    Camber: 0 to -.3 degrees.*
    Toe: Zero degrees.
    Caster: 5-6.5 degrees positive with .3 degree lead on the right side.

*Camber can affect cornering feel. The more negative camber you have, the better it will handle corners. Most drivers will never feel the difference, especially on the street.
    So I went to get my alignment done and gave them these specs. They said they know all about the removal of the flags etc. But here is what I got.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Did I get the carfixer specs? I see a number of "maxed out" remarks on the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Did I get the carfixer specs? I see a number of "maxed out" remarks on the sheet.
    Fairly close.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

I was at the stealership and they said I need a new steering gear because it was worn. Would this mess up my alignment in the front? Should I tell them to realign to carfixer specs after installing the steering gear?

Replacing the rack will change the toe. Yes you will need an alignment afterwards.
    2003 budget built marauder-LM7 5.3 SBE 4L80E VS racing 78/75 turbo and other things
    1.56 60' 6.80 1/8 @ 104 mph 10.5 1/4 @129 mph
    #BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER
    Instagram -
    Cheapthrillb2
    lsswappedmarauder

SPC Camber kit

Update

Got the new bolts from Chris at Adtr.net and wow did they get here at quick.

Brought the bolts to my same mechanic that installed them. Installed them less than an hour.

Took it to Just Tires and I’m happy with the specs I got. Ready to celebrate tonight with a big fat Cigar and a cold bottle of Don Julio 1942.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

I hope it's a Maduro.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information