Thread: Ford dealer could not align my lowered MM

Ford dealer could not align my lowered MM

see before/after sheet from Elkton Ford......was a young guy there...took 2 hrs ...I have to crawl back under the car and see if---

a.SPC camber bolts can move far enough to allow the right setting

b.See if the stops are ground off the frame

---wonder how bad the current settings will chew up the tires? Basically 1.5 camber degree out of spec...

---other option is to go back to stock ride height...truth be told I am not a huge fan of the nose down look 1 1/2" from stock.

Wheel is centered, car rides great, no pulling.

Who put the camber bolts in? Were the slots hand ground in?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Good questions

--I don't know who installed them, and I'll have to check those slots. When I was replacing control arms on this beat-to-heck car, camber adjustment was the least of my worries....
    Last edited by Agent2006; 03-23-2019 at 06:32 PM.

That car was align-able before. The reason the car is so ass up raked is because it has full height coils in the back and Ross liked the look ( I never did personally).

I don't think anything was ever wrong with the air ride, you could convert back and adjust the height that way, or do it the cheap way and just cut the coils.

With how much suspension damage that front end took who knows if something is out of whack, but I've driven that car enough times to know it was align-able at one point.

It also looks like they didn't even try to touch the caster, which is what happened when I went to a Ford dealer for an alignment. I ended up going to a shop that was in my hometown I used to frequent and just like with my 04, they got the 03 bang on first try.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

I saw from Ross's good recording keeping that it was aligned before...and the car still has the tabs on there so I never ground them off. That said, the car tracks straight as an arrow steering centered, i might leave it for now and see how the tires wear. If i do anything itll go back to stock ride height...

Wait, I was pretty sure that car had SPC camber bolts, if it has camber bolts I do not see how can have the camber flags since those are part of the stock bolts.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

Ridges on the stock crossmember. No tabs. What is surprising is this car was aligned previously and now it can't be done? Need to find another shop....

You don’t grind the ridges, you only grind the slot (that you can’t see if the bolts are installed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent2006 View Post
    What is surprising is this car was aligned previously and now it can't be done? Need to find another shop....
    Yes. The Ford dealer did not do a good alignment on my car, it shook at 80 and the inner edge on my winter tires got ate in one season. Find another shop that knows how to actually align these, including the caster.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    You don’t grind the ridges, you only grind the slot (that you can’t see if the bolts are installed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Double yes, I really feel like this has been done already on this car so based on my experiences I'm placing blame on the dealer. If a second shop can't get it right maybe there is an issue.

Ross had a mechanic buddy in central NJ he took the car to anytime he was up here, I'm pretty sure said guy did the camber bolts and I remember him talking about grinding out the slot.

2063/3214

5377/7838

Thread Information