Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cooling head mod

cooling head mod

im sure you guys are tired of the question being asked, but i cant seem to find much info on the rear cooling mod(i googled it several times) i kn ow dennis has a kit but it seemed like a year ago when i was looking several people made them. some went under the intake, and some didnt. id like mine to run under if possible. if the dr kit is the only one out there ill order it but wanted to see my options first and do it while im putting my heads back on my car. thanks!!

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quite a few to choose from, are you looking for a kit to clear an eaton swap, or a regular kit?

I have the MMR fittings, but they will not work with the eaton, Zack makes the freeze plug style kit that will work with the eaton, and DR kit if its still availible then there is the rear of the head kit RacerX posted a thread about, now would be a great time to do that kit since your heads are all ready off.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I'm looking for a kit for an n/a application. I might spray the car but no blower anytime soon. I looked at the MMR fittings, did you t them and run a hose the the crossover tube on the front or just tie then to each other?

Quote Originally Posted by montyd View Post
    I'm looking for a kit for an n/a application. I might spray the car but no blower anytime soon. I looked at the MMR fittings, did you t them and run a hose the the crossover tube on the front or just tie then to each other?
    "T"s on both fittings, i run a Xover delete kit and i feed the passenger side head from the heatercore, and the drivers side Ts to the port on the thermostat housing.

ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you have an awesome setup! I'm not sure mine will be that cool but hope fully its close

Wow you have an awesome setup! I'm not sure mine will be that cool but hope fully its close
    Thanks bud! just cheap insurance to prolong the life of the heads, and hopefully no cylinder 7&8 issues!
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

I have the Zack cooling mod. Travis (musclemerc.com) has the same one basically. I'd recommend it.

Wish I'd put it on earlier, maybe I'd have saved #8 from an early death.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

well i have a grand and counting into fixing my heads right now. just had to put all new exhuast guides, 1 new exhuast valve since it was burnt, have them cleaned because they were FULL of carbon. my exhuast ports had over 1/16th of an inch of carbon built up on them. i keep telling myself it was worth it just to put new valve seals in it so it doesnt smoke on start up any more. haha but i do want to do this mod while i have it apart. just to make sure my time and money wasnt to waste over a couple hundred bucks worth of security.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Thanks bud! just cheap insurance to prolong the life of the heads, and hopefully no cylinder 7&8 issues!

What size fittings do you run??

well i have a grand and counting into fixing my heads right now. just had to put all new exhuast guides, 1 new exhuast valve since it was burnt, have them cleaned because they were FULL of carbon. my exhuast ports had over 1/16th of an inch of carbon built up on them. i keep telling myself it was worth it just to put new valve seals in it so it doesnt smoke on start up any more. haha but i do want to do this mod while i have it apart. just to make sure my time and money wasnt to waste over a couple hundred bucks worth of security.
    You have a $1,000 into repairing heads? What all have they done?? I just had a valve job done on mine and they installed all new Manley valves, Crower cams, and heavy duty springs for $550! I obviously supplied all parts.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

they did a complete valve job, cleaned, checked and resurfaced them, all new exhuast guides, and a new valve(they supplied both). when i picked up the heads i got a head gasket set and new head bolts and my total was 785 and change for all of that. i got all new lash adjusters and a for racing pump coming from an online supplier for another 300 for both. i was talking about the whole project not just the machine work. they charged me right around 200 a head for all the machine work and insalling new guides. i cant complain about that. i grabbed a set of 97 cobra cams from a member here that will be going in for another 200. and i still need a new tune on top of all that because my previous tuner didnt know that the marauder has a alternator section so for the last 5-6 years the car has had NO alternator at wot. the combustion chambers on the passenger side head were all totally black and carboned up and the driver side started about right and got leaner as you went forward. so i know dyno time is in my future. as for the cooling mod i really like the mmr setup but im not sure i can afford the 120$ fittings for the heads and then all the an fittings and braided lines. i dont care for the dr kit after i have spent some time looking at it so i might end up with the zack kit. does he have a website?

i just found musclemercs website that i have been looking for all morning haha. ill be ordering his kit i think along with some other stuff. i thought he was a vendor here

i just found musclemercs website that i have been looking for all morning haha. ill be ordering his kit i think along with some other stuff. i thought he was a vendor here
    He was...... once.....
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Oh is that a sore subject?

and i still need a new tune on top of all that because my previous tuner didnt know that the marauder has a alternator section so for the last 5-6 years the car has had NO alternator at wot.
    The factory tune shuts off the alternator at WOT so that is considered normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information