Thread: Cilajet Aviation Grade Paint Protectant

Cilajet Aviation Grade Paint Protectant

Has anyone here ever heard of or used Cilajet products? I phoned the previous owner of my current Mustang to find out what he used on it as I've never applied any kind of wax. Between being hand washed and many trips through automatic car washes the finish still beads and looks new.

He told me he applied Cilajet 'aviation grade' (vs. automotive grade) 'airplane wax' (his term). Stated he applied it once after taking delivery of the car back in 2005 - I bought it from him in 2011 with 6k on the odometer. He stated the 'aviation product' was far more expensive than the automotive product but worth it - he stated around $100 for a small bottle.

I'll have to agree with the longevity observation. And, my vehicles are parked outside as I have no garage or carport. He stated it wipes on and off just like liquid car wax - no rocket science. My detailer stated he's never heard of Cilajet but will check into it as he's impressed with my Mustang's finish - I want to preserve my Marauder's finish the same way. My Ranger may very well need a repaint - bummer.

https://www.cilajet.com
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Back when I used to run the detail department for a dodge dealership, customers would pay 1450 for a car cilajet and 1750 for a SUV and about 2100 for a truck as a add on. It's definitely a great product, definitely recommend to the car clay barred first as it'll let the cilajet adhere to the paint better. There's also cilajet products for the interior that are vinyl and carpet safe to form a barrier to make a "barrier" against liquid spills. I used to order all the products from the supplier directly so cost for me was about 65 a bottle and also do full details on the weekends including cilajet starting at 500 for cars etc.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FavianHerrera View Post
    Back when I used to run the detail department for a dodge dealership, customers would pay 1450 for a car cilajet and 1750 for a SUV and about 2100 for a truck as a add on. It's definitely a great product, definitely recommend to the car clay barred first as it'll let the cilajet adhere to the paint better. There's also cilajet products for the interior that are vinyl and carpet safe to form a barrier to make a "barrier" against liquid spills. I used to order all the products from the supplier directly so cost for me was about 65 a bottle and also do full details on the weekends including cilajet starting at 500 for cars etc.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wow, some serious markup LOL!!! Didn't have a clue what 'clay bar' was until I found this - interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=NNG2gCoOqXk
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Thread Information