Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SVTOA Sebring Video link

Talking SVTOA Sebring Video link

********DUW*************

33mb video of hot Marauder track action, well its installment one and captures a full lap of me, midday saturday. I'll post up SUnday's runs, they were a little more heated and I was driving better too!!

please right click and save as

LINK

Wesman, you can stop laughing at my driving skills, I did improve significantly later in the day and day two...you'll see.

Looks like fun!

Did you wear a tie too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90
    Looks like fun!

Did you wear a tie too?
    LOL!!! No tie required. I wore my SFI jacket, its black with white cuffs, Ha that would be good road racing with a tux on!!!

What a great time! 4 Marauders driving, with one Marauder spectator, mixed in with a bunch of Mustangs!
    I can hardly wait for next year!
    Yep, I got the bug! Thanks again for the driving lesson Shakes
    Pics and Vids to follow...
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Too cool Marc! Nice job. Makes me want to go back ASAP!
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

I want to know the name of that song and artist.

Cake is the artist,Album is Prolonging the magic, song title is... Satan is my motor

How appropriate I thought as I wheeled through three hundred CD's to find the 'just right' music.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    I want to know the name of that song and artist.

edz Guest
    Great video, if that was your second session (I am guessing here) you are doing extremenly well, almost a perfect on the line run (tighten up 17 a little) It was great having you guys, hope that you will now start doing this more often. See you at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by edz
    Great video, if that was your second session (I am guessing here) you are doing extremenly well, almost a perfect on the line run (tighten up 17 a little) It was great having you guys, hope that you will now start doing this more often. See you at the track.
    Thank you Ed!!!

Please let me know of the next event at a Florida track, SVTOA (oops, ahhh FPOA????) or any other.
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

Thanks, yes 17 and 7 were my nemsis this weekend, I saw god on turn 17 the next lap... he looks awfully a lot like a blue and white checkered wall with black streaks all over it. This was after a 120+mph run down the back straight to pass a Dennis, and Jeff Lacina (Lead Instrctr), left me with too much speed on entry, so I eased up a bit after that...

Actually found that carrying more speed and staying wider early on 17 let me come through faster and smoother.

Yes this was session 2 day 1.

Man, that looked like fun. Any chance I can get a version with no music? I want to hear what the car is doing. I've made many a lap around Sebring, and it made me smile to watch that. However, I think it's time to call Skip Barber. No way could I keep up with you.

Sure would be fun to see you go head-to-head with Gordon's Carrera, No?
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

We had a great time Ed!
    Thanks for your hospitality!
    We already have reservations at the Sheraton for next year, let us know if y'all have any discounted rates there, as the rooms are $170 a night.
    By the way, tell your hotshot Mustang drivers to lighten up about our big ole "slow" Marauders...
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Well the audio is fairly bad due to the wind noise. I need to tape over the mic and see if it helps. Anyone esle have experience with this?

As for Gordons Carrera, I need no encouragement, he'd kick my a$$, i cna improve a few spots and pick up the pace, but I reckon G is a good driver and with a great car...I'd be toast. But I would love to run with those boys if they'll have me!

Skip barber, do it. I'm doing the 3 day race school next month, this was a good primer, hell it was awesome. I see this video in my head all night for the last three nights, I have every turn memorized, but the video helps you see where you can improve, its not as evident when your slinging a 4400# car around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy
    Man, that looked like fun. Any chance I can get a version with no music? I want to hear what the car is doing. I've made many a lap around Sebring, and it made me smile to watch that. However, I think it's time to call Skip Barber. No way could I keep up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy

Chuck I have some vids of all 4 marauders at speed, I'll post it when I have a chance to edit it down.
    Nothing like a supercharged MM screaming down the straightaway, right Dennis and Marc? Almost as fun watching as it was driving! (Almost)
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Quote Originally Posted by shakes_26
    Well the audio is fairly bad due to the wind noise. I need to tape over the mic and see if it helps. Anyone esle have experience with this?

As for Gordons Carrera, I need no encouragement, he'd kick my a$$, i cna improve a few spots and pick up the pace, but I reckon G is a good driver and with a great car...I'd be toast. But I would love to run with those boys if they'll have me!
    Yeah, Gordon can sling a car around the track, no question.

But, I think you'd make up a lot of ground on the back straight.

[Hmmm. Suncoast/Trilogy Motorsports Track Night at Sebring?]
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information