WAP block 2004

Heads will have stock cams

Eagle Steel Crank
    3.554" stroke

noticed after i bought the crank that it was slightly longer than stock

Coyote Rods

Flat Top 10.6 -1 compression

and http://www.modmaxracing.com/product-p/22025000.htm for pistons

This is for my first NA build. just wanted to know if the compression increase along with the mild crank difference from stock would hurt anything when running pump fuel.

I suggest rethinking your plans.
    The heavier rotating assembly and minimal compression increase could actually rob you of power.

My last build was 11.8:1 CR with a 5.0 forged stroker assembly. I went 0.20 overbore. Heads were stock. I did use some nitrous for a while on this.
    I am currently refreshing it and doing new Manley 0.30 over bore pistons and keeping crank and rods I have. My heads will get a refresh as well. With higher compression it can still run 93 octane with the proper tune of course.
    #1724 of 3214 Built 02/13/2004
    2004 Marauder black/moonroof
    SCT flip chip, 4:10's, lowered, big brake kit
    Kenwood KDC-X790 & 4 Kenwood speakers, 10" Sub
    Addco tube sway bars & performance shocks, Metco's
    Zex dry nitrous kit, Full SW Exhaust Kit, PI 3000 Stall
    5.0L Stroker assembly, Self installed!
    E.T. on drag radial tires: 12.270 @ 111.16 & 1.66 60'
    One off custom Hood all steel too.
    SOON TO BE Vortech supercharged

Ryan Schmuki
    2003 Marauder, black with 4.10s n tune (sold)
    1968 Fairlane 347 built stroker(fast)
    1963 Galaxie 390 auto
    2010 Mercury Milan
    2019 Taurus Limited

I don't know. a few more cubes and a pinch more compression will probably eek out a couple more ponies than stock. At a minimum I'd look into better cams.

I am open to rod and piston suggestions... its going in an aviator, with aviator intake, I have no problem going for 99 cobra intake cams,

and I had planned on using a dual throttle body intake from the earlier continental which bolts up.

I guess its better under partial throttle situations vs the single, the aviator will be the two vehicle for the marauder while being redone as well as some usual driving.

I suppose building it with the option of later adding a centrifugal supercharger or small turbo is an option at this point. I would like to save some of the budget for the marauder itself.

I didn't think the weight difference would be very much at all to hurt the power output.

This will not be a drag racing engine. street driving in a fun suv with some light towing capability I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMerc View Post
    I am open to rod and piston suggestions... its going in an aviator, with aviator intake, I have no problem going for 99 cobra intake cams,

and I had planned on using a dual throttle body intake from the earlier continental which bolts up.

I guess its better under partial throttle situations vs the single, the aviator will be the two vehicle for the marauder while being redone as well as some usual driving.

I suppose building it with the option of later adding a centrifugal supercharger or small turbo is an option at this point. I would like to save some of the budget for the marauder itself.

I didn't think the weight difference would be very much at all to hurt the power output.

This will not be a drag racing engine. street driving in a fun suv with some light towing capability I suppose.
    Sounds like you need a blower with 6psi. Much cheaper and easier

A factory set of rods /crank will hold whatever power that engine can make being n/a.

To make a 5000lb vehicle fun with good towing characteristics, you need torque down low. A 4.6 doesn't make good torque down low without the help of a pd blower.

IMHO if you MUST be a pump gas NA "fun" tow vehicle WITH A 4.6 starting point Then I would -

up the compression to ~11-12:1

Stroke it

Let it eat

Honestly with your goals for this truck,- ls swap it, I think you would be happier with the torque

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Junkyard F150 Coyote engine.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Had an Aviator for a while. I'd just open up the exhaust a bit and leave it at that. I think the performance exhaust sound might just fool the brain into thinking your driving a sports truck not a 2 1/2 ton brick. JMO

WAP block 2004

Heads will have stock cams

Eagle Steel Crank
    3.554" stroke

noticed after i bought the crank that it was slightly longer than stock

Coyote Rods

Flat Top 10.6 -1 compression

and http://www.modmaxracing.com/product-p/22025000.htm for pistons

This is for my first NA build. just wanted to know if the compression increase along with the mild crank difference from stock would hurt anything when running pump fuel.

I have pretty much the same engine, plus 99 cobra cams. I have the stock crank, same rods, .020 over flat tops. Runs 93 octane with zero issues. Have not found out it's true output yet considering I popped a head gasket between the two cylinders, so I've been down on power. Looking to dive into it this weekend.

Good luck with your setup.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    #2928 of 7838
    Build date: 8/6/02
    Ship date: 5/28/03
    14.33 @ 96.82 with OLD engine
    6R80 swap in progress

1968 Chevelle
    NA/Pump Gas 10.4 @ 128 mph
    416/4L85E LSA Supercharged build underway

Thread Information