Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Engine ticking up top,right side, is it time to panic?

That's an idea. Only have a 100kilometers on the oil but should see some shiny stuff if rod bearing is gone. Have a filter cutter at work. Open it up to inspect the filter media. Be nice to pull oil pan too. Have both motor mount nuts off. I didn't seriously look into it but has anyone tried pulling pan with engine in the car?

Im pretty sure you raise the engine and you can sneak it outta thereRemoval

1. Remove crossmember No. 2.

1. Remove the transmission cooler tube retainers and position the cooler tubes aside.

1. Drain the engine oil.

• Install the drain plug when finished.

1. Remove the oil pan bolts in the sequence shown.
    2. Remove the oil pan and the gasket.

Installation

CAUTION: Do not use metal scrapers, wire brushes, power abrasive discs or other abrasive means to clean the sealing surfaces. These tools cause scratches and gouges which make leak paths. Use a plastic scraping tool to remove all traces of old sealant.

1. Clean and inspect the mating surfaces.

NOTE: If the oil pan is not secured within four minutes, the sealant must be removed and the sealing area cleaned with metal surface cleaner. Allow to dry until there is no sign of wetness, or four minutes, whichever is longer. Failure to follow this procedure can result in future oil leakage.

1. Apply silicone gasket and sealant at the rear oil seal retainer-to-cylinder block sealing surface.

NOTE: If the oil pan is not secured within four minutes, the sealant must be removed and the sealing area cleaned with metal surface cleaner. Allow to dry until there is no sign of wetness, or four minutes, whichever is longer. Failure to follow this procedure can result in future oil leakage.

1. Apply silicone gasket and sealant at the engine front cover-to-cylinder block mating surface
    2. Install the oil pan and gasket and loosely install the bolts.

1. Tighten the bolts in two stages, in the sequence shown.

• Stage 1: Tighten to 20 Nm (15 lb-ft) .
      • Stage 2: Rotate an additional 60 degrees .

1. Position the transmission cooler tubes and install the retainers.
    2. Install crossmember No. 2.
    3. Fill the engine with clean engine oil.
    4. Start the engine and check for leaks.

© 2017 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions

The labor time calls for 4.6 hours but if you know your way around cars you should be able to get it done faster.

Why mess with struggling with the pan. It comes out with the engine

Either engine out or lower the crossmember. It will not clear if you don't do one of those...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Yeah I suppose I should just dissect the oil filter and if it's sparkly inside then pull engine. If not I'll button it up and see if noise is gone. Replaced chains and tensioners yesterday. If noise still there then pull engine.

Engine not running yet but spun it over with starter long enough to build 70psi with a quad gauge hooked up to filter housing and oil was spewing on chains and cardboard under car. No slack in chains at all now. Yet. Bad tensioner? Cut filter open and no metal at all. Cautiously optimistic at this point

Button it up and start it

I'm working on it

GOOD TO GO

Quote Originally Posted by Shinker View Post
    I'm working on it
    Looks all good after looking at it with you button her up and lertr rip!!!!

Got it going today. Had a few problems cause I'm flyin by the seat of my pants but no more ticking or knocking. Replaced an idler pulley bearing and 1 fuel injector o-ring. Its throwing a 0353 error code now so I musta messed up on #3 cyl coil or damaged the wiring harness. Not sure. Went for a short drive and had a big smile on my face the whole time. Goes around corners like it's on rails

Zack strikes again, he nailed it

All fixed up now. No more ticking or detonation after replacing primary chains and tensioners. After I got it running yesterday also replaced rusty idler pulley bearing and had an P0353 code cause I was in a hurry and didn't get #3 coil plugged in properly. Runs smooth now. Just got back from a nice long cruise on the highway and no problems. My thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions I couldn't have done it without you

Nice work

Update on my engine noise

Put 1300k on it since I replaced chains and tensioners. Had a long trip last weekend 22mpg(mostly Hwy) seems ok but not sure what is average. Sure is nice to drive. Had it fishtailing going around a corner this morning. Those 6000rpm up shifts scare me a bit but sound impressive

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information