Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: front struts

Just looking for a whole assembly that matches the stock height of the marauder

you'll prolly have to cut a coil or 3/4 of a coil off. marauder springs are discontinued and parts revert to a marquis. there have not been any aftermarket companies that have exact parts for the front. either use your old springs or plan to possibly cut a coil after install to see where it sits.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    you'll prolly have to cut a coil or 3/4 of a coil off. marauder springs are discontinued and parts revert to a marquis. there have not been any aftermarket companies that have exact parts for the front. either use your old springs or plan to possibly cut a coil after install to see where it sits.
    ok thanks for the info

Spring rates for the GM / CV are not the same a special service (cop car) vehicle. My car has Special service vehicle springs on it with one full ring cut off, it really needs to be 1.5 cut off. Marauders are lowered and the spring rate needs to be higher than the standard CV / GM spring rate.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

I thought I saw them on the same isle as the Elio. Oh wait.....
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Rock Auto has FCS Auto strut assemblies for $65.00 & $73.00. Claim to be just like OEM.

"The FCS Strut Assembly is engineered to meet and exceed O.E.M. quality. The components and valving are designed specifically for each domestic or import car, truck, van, minivan or SUV application. The precisely calibrated valving combinations are individualized for each application to best simulate OE ride and feel.

Each unit is tested on key measures and manufactured using reliable designs and repeatable production methods. NOK seals, highly-polished chrome rod finish, high performance shock oil, and an OE-type piston ensures first-class quality for each unit made.

Assembly Includes:

MacPherson Strut: With NOK seals, mirror-finished, hard-chrome piston rod, and Japanese oil (to ensure great seal, long-life and consistent damping over a wide range of temperatures).
    Coil Spring: 20% of production factory-checked for OE compression levels. Electrostatic coating for optimal corrosion resistance.
    Bearing Plate: From same supplier as Monroe. Endurance tested under extreme load to ensure optimal performance & long life.
    Boot Kit & Bumper: Bumper molded from urethane rubber for long life. Absorbs harsh, damaging road impact and noise for quieter driving.
    Upper Spring Seat: Absorbs harsh, damaging road impact and noise for quieter driving.
    Upper and Lower Isolators: Ensures spring remains stable in all conditions.
    Robust Brackets: Reinforced to ensure integrity and long life"
    The above description is indeed for a strut. However, our Marauders really did not come with struts. Struts are the common name for MacPherson struts. All of Ford's Panther chassis cars came with a double wishbone front suspension, which is not a strut type.

A combination shock and spring "conversions" are available, and is often called a strut. I replaced my OEM front shocks and springs with a pre-assembled pair of Monroe "Quick Struts"

-
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

As I typed before:

KYB shocks (with bushing kit) at KYB discount

OR

Monroe Super/Server Duty.

I have the KYB and they are a little tight in front, waiting for them to settle in a little. Love the in rear set up.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I recently received from RockAuto a set of these and since they've been on the ride is well improved and the price was right:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....428218&jsn=386
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information