Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotel check

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke View Post
    We have two rooms, under Gordon and Rachel. Also could you please verify with your hotel contact that they are adjoining rooms as I had requested? Thanks!
    I made a request, they would not confirm anything for me grrr...
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Getting a solid count on the rooms is gonna be a biatch. Even with members posting up that they're booked, doesn't account for what days they check-in and check-out. Without that detail, it's an estimate.
    If this Lindsey is worth a shat, she should be able to tell you exactly how many rooms are accounted for without members posting up their full names and their confirmation numbers on an open forum. (Not very wise in my opinion)
    Face value, it appears Lindsey has you by your curly short hairs, and now Louisville, as an annual event, is in jeopardy? That sucks.
    I never anticipated Louisville would become as successful as it once was, and knew there would come a time that interest would dwindle. Just not this fast, nor this soon.
    Difficulty filling 25 rooms today versus having about 45 rooms filled 2 short years ago is absolutely brutal. I am sure there are other factors involved as to why this has happened so suddenly.
    Yeah, I stepped down, handed it over for you to keep alive.
    It's your show and best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MM2004 View Post
    Difficulty filling 25 rooms today versus having about 45 rooms filled 2 short years ago is absolutely brutal..

That turnout was 3 years ago for the 9th Annual Louisville meet, 3-6 April 2014 for the "Suspended in Time" tribute to SC Cheesehead. I believe that was the last year at the Hampton on Alliant Ave.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Would this year's meet being in the week before Easter may have at least some effect on attendance?
    2003 Marauder 300A
    #3968 of 7838
    Black/Dark Charcoal
    Build date: 08/22/2002
    Adopted: 08/21/2011 at 76,404 miles
    Joined the 100k mile club on 04/14/2013
    at I-95 North at New Smyrna Beach,FL

List of modifications:
    • Ford Escape 6 CD audiophile unit
    • LCM/EATC upgrades courtesy of FBM

• Acme wheel lock kit (20 locks/1 key)

• Trunk plate for 1998-2010 Crown Victoria (Havis part # C-3054)

• Innovative Interceptors 3.5 in resonator deleted exhaust tips courtesy of RoyLPita

• Trunk organizer

• Marty's tune

• Big brake upgrade

1995 Ford CVPI
    Purchased : 03/1999 [77k miles]
    Sold:03/2015 [330k miles]

2001 Chevrolet Impala
    Inherited 02/2015 [93k miles]
    Sold:03/2023 [170k miles]

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature
    Purchased 03/2023 with 56k original miles.
    New DD.

R.I.P. REX aka S/C CHEESEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
    I will ask Lindsey...
    Thanks!!

If can't be adjoining, please ensure the same floor and rooms near each other.
    Widowmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    That turnout was 3 years ago for the 9th Annual Louisville meet, 3-6 April 2014 for the "Suspended in Time" tribute to SC Cheesehead. I believe that was the last year at the Hampton on Alliant Ave.
    I was referring to the 10th Annual that was hosted at the Hampton Inn on Alliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadwarrior View Post
    Would this year's meet being in the week before Easter may have at least some effect on attendance?
    Undoubtedly.

FWIW and YMMV (obviously), I've planned or assisted with no fewer than 5 Panther-related meets involving hotels, and was able to secure guaranteed blocks and preferred rates without the use of a credit card...which is good, because my credit blows.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

The 10th Anniversary was a NIGHTMARE with the Hampton...they have changes owners more than a used Honda. They also did not respond back to calls till well after another hotel was already booked. The hotels from then on were basically ALL booked around our normal meet time. And the ones that could accommodate were high...so going to the Hyatt, at the time was nearly the only choice. And since that first time it has only gotten tighter and tighter with the bookings either with price or availability. The best was done from what was out there...there were other hotels that did not require a CC but again, they either couldn't block the number of rooms needed OR were high on the rates...THe block of rooms were set low simply because if my own money is on the line I'm going to limit the damage...I actually increased the number of blocked rooms this year but had to back that off since most were put out because of the Easter weekend and pushing back the meet by ONE DAY!!!!! Gone are the days of 45 cars in the parking lot at these meets since a lot of the veteran owners are selling and getting out, which hasn't been gradual, it's been like walking off a cliff. So naturally these Meets will suffer, this years Louisville, last 2 years Maraudervilles...the participation is just not there. No one is to blame the cycle is just changing...

I use to run 2,000 miles plus to get to meets, I zoom to Florida for a weekend, 1,100 miles one way, back in the day I went to Atlanta for breakfast.

Times change still have the car, miss a lot of people but the job gets in the way, health issues, family. etc.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
    I use to run 2,000 miles plus to get to meets, I zoom to Florida for a weekend, 1,100 miles one way, back in the day I went to Atlanta for breakfast.

Times change still have the car, miss a lot of people but the job gets in the way, health issues, family. etc.

I know that marauder keeps going and going - I seen your car in person with I am sure a lot less miles - what's it been 3 years ?

I know much planning goes in all meets of any kind takes a lot of responsible people and well planning people to make this happen the only real me and I've been to that I've had to stay in a hotel was in New Hampshire an absolute blast met a lot of good members on here also had a really good time playing on the highway and cleaning the dam car four times before the show just to find out that my rims looked like crap inside lol cost me points ! But I feel like time and generation kills all - even with my job currently now work ethic with the younger generation 18 to 25 is absolutely nuts .

Not sure Where I was going on with this rambling but hopefully the show happens and you get all the necessary rooms filled
    Last edited by Guittard22; 03-26-2017 at 04:30 AM. Reason: My thumb slipped before I was done my message
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Quote Originally Posted by L.Mark View Post
    We are destroying what we built because of slogans and egos, so in a sense aren't we all short minded and spiteful...pretty sad, we seem to be acting like Mustang owners...
    Well said! I left last year mid day April 15 to come down to Louisville to personally invite everyone to MV. The ones that came to MV14, five hours away, were mostly the same ones that made the road trip to Vegas for MV13, and MV12... of which the hometown boys decided to have an alternate gathering...
    MARAUDERS get me ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Well said! I left last year mid day April 15 to come down to Louisville to personally invite everyone to MV. The ones that came to MV14, five hours away, were mostly the same ones that made the road trip to Vegas for MV13, and MV12... of which the hometown boys decided to have an alternate gathering...

Alternate gathering??? It is flat out rude to pkan ir have a gathering when one has been planned WELL in advance...you draw away from the main one...not cool...I get itb feelings were hurt iver several incedents but that doesn't make you hate the events ir the people you call fsmily and friends over night...we are a small community who cares about a small number of cars that basically the rest of the car world could care about...WE are all we have...the car be damned, it's always been about the people...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    I know that marauder keeps going and going - I seen your car in person with I am sure a lot less miles - what's it been 3 ?
    Yes at least 3 years I retired in 2011 wanted to do something a little less involved I tried wedding trollies in Philadelphia for about 5 years problem it was always Friday, Saturday, Sunday money was great however was able to go anywhere.

Then I started delivering coaches (think greyhound types) and that was a wild ride I loved it all over the Country having a blast. Last year 165 nights in hotel rooms.

Why own a house if I am never there? I admit the car and pickup suffered.

Now I am switching again to something close to home only working a few hours in the afternoon I made it clear I travel to car meets/shows all over the USA

I had hoped to make Looseville this year to see friends I have not seen in years and as always meet new one.

We will meet up again I am sure but now hold your course cause I know people depend on you.
    Be safe.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Under wife's name, Joan Samples, confirmation # 37215027

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    YIMMA
    (aka Tim Samples)
    Blue: 2003 300b Mercury Marauder. DOB 04/23/03. #254 of 328 DPB Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior #7312 of build 7838. Muffler delete. K&N intake. 20" Shelby's. Rear lip spoiler. Tint. QA1 coilovers. Dead Pedal. Pioneer Audio System

Note, I don't need confirmation numbers just the name it's under to check things out...thanks guys!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information