Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire rotation at Ford

Tire rotation at Ford

Just took my 03 A out of winter storage, brought it to the local Ford dealership for full service. I picked the car up, and was running late to an appointment about 80 miles away.

While on the highway, I could tell there was something weird with the car. At first, I thought the driver seat settings were changed. Then the ABS and brake dummies came on. I pulled over at a rest area, and it took me a minute to realize they (Ford) had "rotated" the tires.

I was embarrassingly running 245/55R18 on the front, and 235/50/R18 on the rear for about 30 miles.

Anything I should be on the lookout for damage wise?

What should I ask from Ford tomorrow morning?

I'm not looking for any confrontation or grudges with these folks, but to be honest, I'm quite furious about it still. How???

I love my Marauder very much, and I take it to Ford techs SPECIFICALLY to avoid this kind of stuff.

Thanks for listening, gentlemen. My GF is not about to hear any more on this topic.

The tire-rotation tech at any dealer is likely not the most qualified tech there. Since very few cars have staggered sizes, I doubt it even occurred to them to check, unless you mentioned it specifically. I am confident they have never seen a Marauder before, much less know anything about it. To them it was just another black Grand Marquis or even a Crown Vic.

No, you didn't damage anything...just take it back and ask them to correct their error.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

and give you a free oil change or something..numbskulls..morons etc..Technician, what a crock of names..I'ld be hot just for the stupidity for the prices dealership charges in general anyway..They try an upsell everything under the sun, brake service check..Ask them if they can rotate the air in the tires....
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

When I used to go to the dealer I would mention it to the write-up guy, even directly told him to tell the tech. I would still get it back wrong more often than not.
    "Come to me, Superman! I defy you! Come and kneel before Zod! Zod! "

How many miles did they put on the car?
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

When I first bought my car I noticed it was pulling very badly to the right hand side. The seller kept playing it off saying it was in need of an alignment but it was worse the that. I ened up pulling over to take a look only to find he unknowingly had the 235's on the passenger side and the larger 245's on the drivers side.

Of course I didn't mention what I noticed with the tires to the guy selling and used the steering/pulling issiue as a negotiating point to bring the price down. Once the car was at home I rearranged the tires to the proper setup and it drove mint with no problem in the long run.

^^^^^^

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

You say you have an 03 A. I thought they were saposto have the same size tires all the way around.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy Marq View Post
    You say you have an 03 A. I thought they were saposto have the same size tires all the way around.
    No, just no TC

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy Marq View Post

No Marauders came with same size tires all around. All were staggered.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

I brought baby back to the dealership. They were also embarrassed, but very apologetic.

Free oil change, detail, and a NASCAR poster from 1993 signed by Geoff Bodine. Back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Terror View Post
    No Gen-4 Marauders came with same size tires all around. All were staggered.
    Fixed it for ya
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

I took mine to Collins Ford(the biggest in the are, oooo, ahhhh...please...) and specially told them NOT to rotate because of well the obvious...I didn't get out of the parking lot before I turned around and gave them a piece of my mind and made them do right meow ahead of whoever was next...pitiful...

Quote Originally Posted by 301 View Post
    Just took my 03 A out of winter storage, brought it to the local Ford dealership for full service. I picked the car up, and was running late to an appointment about 80 miles away.

While on the highway, I could tell there was something weird with the car. At first, I thought the driver seat settings were changed. Then the ABS and brake dummies came on. I pulled over at a rest area, and it took me a minute to realize they (Ford) had "rotated" the tires.

I was embarrassingly running 245/55R18 on the front, and 235/50/R18 on the rear for about 30 miles.

Anything I should be on the lookout for damage wise?

What should I ask from Ford tomorrow morning?

I'm not looking for any confrontation or grudges with these folks, but to be honest, I'm quite furious about it still. How???

I love my Marauder very much, and I take it to Ford techs SPECIFICALLY to avoid this kind of stuff.

Thanks for listening, gentlemen. My GF is not about to hear any more on this topic.
    I could see this happening, our tires look similar in size front to rear at a quick glance. I would mention it to them and tell them you are owed a free oil change. This is a simple mistake that's not worth getting mad about.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbob View Post
    I could see this happening, our tires look similar in size front to rear at a quick glance. I would mention it to them and tell them you are owed a free oil change. This is a simple mistake that's not worth getting mad about.
    Holy Crap! This same incident happened to me at Tire Barn, although the manager caught it.
    Every time that I see the the young lady, I remind her about it . She's so embarrassed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information