Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5000$ to spend on mods. Advice??

5000$ to spend on mods. Advice??

Hey Guys,
    I have JLT intake, new Power Slot Cryo Rotor(about to be installed with TCE ss lines). Ive got about 5k to spend over the next 3 or 4 months. I want to make the marauder comfortable for a daily but have some power for a sunday cruise. Thinking about. But subject to your suggestions. Appreciate all knowledge.
    -Exhaust-borla stingers with h or x pipe-about 1000$
    -Suspension-KYB shocks w detroit eaton springs, addco sway bars and metco control? Moog? 1000$
    -New ford LSD with 4.10, maybe moser axles?? 1k
    -Tune? Lidio or anything else. I'm chicago and michigan is a far drive. Not sure price.
    -Under drive pulleys or any other suggestions.
    -Want to make a fun first car. Appreciate all instructions, experience and problems lowering the car, how much to lower?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthShoreChiMM View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I have JLT intake, new Power Slot Cryo Rotor(about to be installed with TCE ss lines). Ive got about 5k to spend over the next 3 or 4 months. I want to make the marauder comfortable for a daily but have some power for a sunday cruise. Thinking about. But subject to your suggestions. Appreciate all knowledge.
    -Exhaust-borla stingers with h or x pipe-about 1000$
    -Suspension-KYB shocks w detroit eaton springs, addco sway bars and metco control? Moog? 1000$
    -New ford LSD with 4.10, maybe moser axles?? 1k
    -Tune? Lidio or anything else. I'm chicago and michigan is a far drive. Not sure price.
    -Under drive pulleys or any other suggestions.
    -Want to make a fun first car. Appreciate all instructions, experience and problems lowering the car, how much to lower?

ONE WORD..... BOOST!There is not one single thing you can do to make this car anymore fun, or the way it should have been from the factory. Put a blower on it... DONE!
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

I'm worried if Run a blower like a whipple ill bend a rod or blow a hole in my block. I really don't want to get down in the engine and put new pistons and rods or the supporting engine mods. I like the stock power and if I do suspension, rear end, and exhaust=nasty panther. Any more I think I'd get in trouble more than I already do.

your car has a trak loc (same as lsd) can be rebuilt when doing 4.10 gear swap. Tune does not mean you have to go to the shop. Lidio does not do email tunes any longer I hear. Marty O from MO's speed shop does. or I think there is Tim Barth in Rockford. Chicago guys will know.

Underdrives are a 50/50 split on if worth doing or not. idle rpm needs turned up if doing them (done thru a tune)

you don't need new axles unless you have a groove worn inthem from bad bearings. they don't make the car faster.

don't recommend Detroit eaton spring, not many happy with their result and they don't offer any help after. KYB also has been subject to some scrutiny lately with shocks leaking in less then a year. not everyone has experienced this though.

Get long tube headers. Stainless Works..MO's is a dealer with better pricing than direct.

Your car has an h pipe already, but it is smaller dia. only Stainless works make s a full exhaust, you'll have to get custom made if you want different.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

stock motor not designed for a whipple, can only do a eaton swap.

4.10's and a proper tune wake the car up then do handlingmods, sway bars, rear control arms,watts link.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

What do you guys recommend for shocks and springs. I have no air rear. Went out from last guy who had it and replaced with springs and shocks.

Can you have just the stainless system without the headers or must have. Headers=extra 1200 and want to know if the sound is worth it. Thanks-Mike

email member martyo about stainless works, he is a dealer for them and can tell you. I don't know if the system can connect to stock manifolds., you may just have to change out mufflers and leave the rest alone.

many use Monroe magnum severe duty, many have had fine experience with kyb, try CSS or ccs? custom coil spring in KS I think, a lot of crown vic guys use them for lowering springs.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Stainless Works exhaust with long tubes, 4.10s, tune.

I would be happy to help you with a tune, and SCT x4, and Stainless Works headers (we are a dealer for them).

You can reach me through the shop or on my cell, which is (914) 582-6262. You can reach me from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Hope to speak to you.

Cool thanks martyo, I will be in contact. Would one get the tune after rear end and suspension and the whole shebang or does it not matter the order, (speedometer off due to 4.10s program computer for gearing, etc.
    Thanks-Mike.

I would do 3000 stall converter ~$500.00

Jerry / Zack front big brake kit~$600.00

Fix the rear air suspension 50-400.00

Tune

Cut off 2 rear cats and call the exhaust loud enough
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Air is not an option. Past experience has left me with a grudge with them. Air went out on my gm and was so expensive i just scrapped the car. Granted it had 160k but engine was strong. Got a quote of 1500 to fix air in the rear On my MM I'm going to do the power slot cryo rotors, napa ceramic pads with TCE ss lines, 4.10 gears and deciding on new LSD as mine has 123k and debating if its worth to rebuild it or not. Tune, addco Front and rear bars, and metco arms. Everyone seems to have a different opinion on shocks and springs. Anybody out there that has tried multiple brands of shocks and springs.

Mainly want it to be a luxury yacht. LED lighting, soft close doors, backup camera, woodgrain trim for interior, custom door ashtrays to add "that classic feeling" even though I don't smoke. Any suggestions for interior upgrades. Sorry for the constant badgering. Love the car and want advice from the experts. Thanks-Mike.

1. Tune - Call Marty at Mo's and talk to him about what you hope to achieve. He'll have a few questions and you'll need to know the computer code located on the drivers door area near the foot well. Should be a sticker w/ a 4 digit code, he wants that code.

2. Replace the exhaust mid pipe that chokes down to 2" from the rest of the system 2 1/4". The exhaust flows fairly well from the factory. Muffler noise level of your choice.

3. Suspension mods-[Ca's and Watt's link,(Sparta or Metco, both vendors here)] Sway bars(Addco). And any worn other parts with Motorcraft or Moog.

4. Get in touch with FastBlackMerc for lighting mods.

5. Not much in the way of interior mods other that LED's(FBM), Radio, (personal choice and lots of threads, use google rather than the sites search function, much easier to find what your looking for) I personally wouldn't cover the faux CF look that Mercury did with the wood look. If you like that look you should have bought a Marquis.

6. Check out the vendor forum for other bling type mods. There aren't many as the aftermarket dropped the Marauder quickly, but a few members make stuff in their spare time and there are a few companies that make stuff for the CV that will fit. Pedal covers come to mind.

Never apologize for asking questions that's how we learn.

ford does not call it lsd, thats gm. its a trac lok and can have it rebuilt for half of a new one. wood grain? what? thats the uniqueness of marauder, leave the dash trim and do the town car wood and leather wheel.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    ONE WORD..... BOOST!There is not one single thing you can do to make this car anymore fun, or the way it should have been from the factory. Put a blower on it... DONE!
    ^^^^^^^this

an eaton swap up to 4-420rwhp is quite safe, reliable and FUN!!

next on the list would be big brakes or an upgraded radio
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information