Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5000$ to spend on mods. Advice??

Quote Originally Posted by NorthShoreChiMM View Post
    You guys seem to forget without those repairs and maintenance your boost means nothing. You all will have to do your chains and fluid flushes if you keep your car long enough.

Not if you've over maintained all its life and yes even all new Ford Racing timing kit just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

You guys seem to forget without those repairs and maintenance your boost means nothing. You all will have to do your chains and fluid flushes if you keep your car long enough.
    16 year old telling US

Lol
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

This is a great thread.

With $5000, first... drive carefully. Aside from any personal injury, accident damage would immediately destroy your car and budget.

Next... upgrade the radio to something modern; Bluetooth, satellite, speakers, etc. Much of your interfacing with this machine that's nearly your age will be through that double DIN slot. Make it good.

Second... snoop around and you'll find Bluetooth keyless entry. Couple modules, mate your phone, and when you approach the car it will unlock. When you walk away, it locks. Just like a new car. You'll still need the key to start it, but at least your out of the rain when you reach for it.

Speed wise... gears and tune. If you like loud exhaust, change the mufflers. Performance wise, I think the stock exhaust is fine. My Trilogy breathes easily through it. But if you want more rumble, go for it. Skip headers... too much labor costs for the improvement they'd give in street driving. Looser converter? I'd skip that too. 4.10's and a tune. It'll really wake up for minimal cost.

Handling... cut half a coil in the front, drop the rear a smidge. Nearly free. You'll lower the center of gravity and slightly increase the spring rate. If after 3 months you want to cut another car half coil, go for it. But... if there's anything you don't like about cutting the first half, the next half will be much more of a step away from stock, so proceed carefully.

Repair anything that's not perfect... replace the rug, broken trim, etc. The new stuff will feel great.

When it needs brakes, better pads and rotors that suit you.

If there's money left over... bank it!
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    I would do 3000 stall converter ~$500.00

Jerry / Zack front big brake kit~$600.00

Fix the rear air suspension 50-400.00

Tune

Cut off 2 rear cats and call the exhaust loud enough
    This plus full suspension mods... And serious rubber.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbov6Bryan View Post
    16 year old telling US

Lol
    Am I wrong about the maintenance? I bought the car knowing it needed the repairs. Why so rude...

Am I wrong about the maintenance? I bought the car knowing it needed the repairs. Why so rude...
    He's not being rude..Tone does not come across internet forums. He was being funny.." A 16 yr. old telling us old folks" lol..you have not been here
    long enough or are old enough to fully get that ..yet.. he was not ribbing you. it would be like telling a pro golfer how to hit the ball when you are 16 and just learning how to play...

nothing wrong with being young..just remember when we were your age (not everyone here) there was no internet, forums, facebook, cell phones, I tunes, xbox4, amazon, ebay etc...

Alot of sarcasm runs thru this site at times..
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Gotta get used to the sarcasm and dry humor.

Gotta get used to the sarcasm and dry humor.

That's not the only thing going in dry.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. LOLzzzzzzz

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Great quotes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    you were too busy getting your ass kicked by cool people because you suck and are a worthless excuse for a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    I'm going to punch you so hard between the legs your going to need a GYNA BO to fix it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Eat poo poo and die heathen.

A 16 year old has to get used to sarcasm.

Guspech WILL take some getting used to....

And forgot to mention that the owner before me did a major sound upgrade. Pioneer double din head unit, all new speakers in doors( dont know specs) and theres an amp in the trunk. Sounds great but the stock speaker near the trunk(is it a sub??) always vibrates at louder volumes. Can this be removed easily

Yes, it can be easily removed. They weren't known for their quality.
    2003 300A
    Build date 9/27/02
    Sequence# 5244 of 7839
    I have a few things done to it, Eaton swap next!
    1993 Ford Taurus SHO-Every bolt on available...Awaiting a Turbo
    2008 Ford F350 SD
    1974 Ford F350 SCS
    2011 Ford Flex Titanium, Ecoboost
    www.cardomain.com/id/shofast
    If you don't stand behind our troops; please feel free to stand in front of them!

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    That's not the only thing going in dry.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. LOLzzzzzzz

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.
    Post of the day!!

Pfff of the week!!!
    Those were the days.........

DANG THEY'RE CUTE!!!!!!
    Smile and Nod
    I love THIS bar

It's good there are 16yr olds interested in a nice car like the marauder. Do maintenance, keep it clean, Especially the engine compartment

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    A 16 year old has to get used to sarcasm.

Guspech WILL take some getting used to....

^^^^^This is funny^^^^^

Laughed out loud on plane and the snobby first class people looked at me funny.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    You're mean. Lol
    None of this adds up lol. 16yro's first car is the Marauder, but he had a Grand Marquis before that that the air ride blew out on.

... and the timing "belt" + other fun stuff was done by the P.O...

And then the last bit of this is "when I'm 16".

???

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information