Thread: HID Foglight Help

HID Foglight Help

Hi all, I tried doing a search but came up with few results for my problem/confusion. So I apologize if I missed where this was covered.

I followed fastblackmerc's HID bulb upgrade for the foglights (https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...ad.php?t=71964), but I'm stumped when it comes to connecting the ballast to the factory harness.

The long and short of it:
    For those who have used a modified H10 HID set in their Marauder... how did you connect your ballast to the factory harness?

I'd like to avoid splicing wires.
    I'm completely dumbfounded that there's not just a simple ballast plug to H1 plug available (all they have online is ballast plug to pigtail terminals which don't fit).

Any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Landbt15 View Post
    Hi all, I tried doing a search but came up with few results for my problem/confusion. So I apologize if I missed where this was covered.

I followed fastblackmerc's HID bulb upgrade for the foglights (https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...ad.php?t=71964), but I'm stumped when it comes to connecting the ballast to the factory harness.

The long and short of it:
    For those who have used a modified H10 HID set in their Marauder... how did you connect your ballast to the factory harness?

I'd like to avoid splicing wires.
    I'm completely dumbfounded that there's not just a simple ballast plug to H1 plug available (all they have online is ballast plug to pigtail terminals which don't fit).

Any help is appreciated!
    The only product of this type that I have ever seen is made by Kensun and can be found in several configurations on Amazon. " Kensun Easy Install Relay Harness for HID Bi-Xenon Lights - 1 pair - 9007 (HB5) Bi-Xenon (Moveable Dual Beam)" is obviously the one for he 9007 headlight bulbs in our cars. I have a pair of these Kensun parts in my car and they are a handy thing to have when you are not using one of the harnesses that come in the usual HID kit. Mine are hooked up to a harness that Goldpanther made for me. He was selling them for a while, and I have one in my Crown Vic as well. Extremely well built, heavy gauge wire directly to the power distribution block.
    You know, they make LED's now that will do the job and more or less plug right in. Sorry I can't give you any detail on what I did because I am away from home and my modified units are in my garage. And the beauty of LED's is - no ballast.
    Ride 1: 2003 300-A MM, black (naturally), K&N cold air, Granitelli Racing coils, Kybe shocks, Autometer "real" oil pressure and voltmeter, 14 inch front rotors and stainless lines from TCE with 6-piston Wilwood calipers and Hawk HPS pads, cryo-treated slotted rear rotors with TCE stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads, tune by Lidio, LED headlamps. Coming Soon: LED foglights, 200 Amp Alternator.

Ride 2: 2001 Kenny Brown "Panther 2" Crown Victoria, Black. K&N cold air intake to Allen Engine Development supercharger system with water-to-air intercooled Eaton MP-90 at 8 pounds. Extensive chassis bracing, Brembo 4-piston front calipers on 13 inch rotors with stainless lines. Trunk-relocated Optima Red-Top. 5000K Bi-Xenon HID's. And much, much more.

You need to modify the harnesses by adding the correct connectors.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thanks for the quick replies.
    After staring at what I had purchased, I finally figured out how to make it work (exactly what fastblackmerc said).

I ordered the ballast-->H1 pigtails and was confused as to why the terminals were so large (wouldn't directly fit into the car's female plug).

All it took was snipping the factory plug off and attaching some crimp terminals to use with the pigtails.

Thanks guys!

I use solder and hear shrink tube on all connections. I never use crimp connectors in a vehicle.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information