Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revised LCM recall

Ford didn't make them, a vendor did, just like Ford doesn't make coil on plugs, Hitachi does for them.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

So I dropped the Marauder off with Ford at 8AM to have the recall work done. They called me at 2:30 and said the job was "much bigger than they thought". The replacement part "Is bigger and has to be wired in". They arent going to have it done tonight so they are setting me up with a Enterprise rental car. Now to see if I can I get them to give me a Luxury Sports Car equivalent model since thats what I drive.
    Trilogy #90 Black 2003 300A 32k miles.
    Kooks exhaust, headers are heat wrapped. Killer Chiller. CAI. Oil catch can. 410 gears. Rear cooling mod. Larger rear sway bar. Transmission has j-mod and a deeper pan. 2006 Ford Escape Radio. Working oil pressure gauge. Inner Cooler Fluid Temp Gauge. Hurst line lock. Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1077 View Post
    The replacement part "Is bigger and has to be wired in".
    WTF, Ford? Talk about half-assed...this isn't even quarter-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Ford didn't make them, a vendor did
    When I had the LCM in Mary's car open (before fbm started repairing them) I seem to remember it said Motorola in the inside.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by FF1077 View Post
    So I dropped the Marauder off with Ford at 8AM to have the recall work done. They called me at 2:30 and said the job was "much bigger than they thought". The replacement part "Is bigger and has to be wired in". They arent going to have it done tonight so they are setting me up with a Enterprise rental car. Now to see if I can I get them to give me a Luxury Sports Car equivalent model since thats what I drive.
    Holy *****!!

I gotta see this!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Well it took 2 days, but Ford finally got it done. They said it took so long because there was wiring done by the previous owner that was causing THEM problems. They installed the new LCM and the lights wouldn't come on. (Which was why it was in there in the first place, but whatever. So they had to figure out the "problem". I know the work the previous owner did and it was top notch. Everything still works as it is supposed to and my lights work, so I am happy.
    Trilogy #90 Black 2003 300A 32k miles.
    Kooks exhaust, headers are heat wrapped. Killer Chiller. CAI. Oil catch can. 410 gears. Rear cooling mod. Larger rear sway bar. Transmission has j-mod and a deeper pan. 2006 Ford Escape Radio. Working oil pressure gauge. Inner Cooler Fluid Temp Gauge. Hurst line lock. Metco Drive Shaft Loop.

If they said the cause was aftermarket wiring at the module then they would have charged you the additional labor because Ford would not pay any labor time to fix aftermarket wiring. Something doesn't add up, but who cares if you got it fixed and didn't have to pay from what I understand.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information