Thread: 2003 mercury marauder300a rebuild needs engine.. what to do?

2003 mercury marauder300a rebuild needs engine.. what to do?

It's been a long time love this site and still love my 03 black marauder with lidio tune! Anyways blew the engine back in 2013 didn't change oil for 15,000 miles I know very stupid of me... So long story short the dealer 3 years ago said they would replace the engine with a brand new one with warranty for $4,500. That was 3 years ago,today I called they said engine no longer available I was blasted. I slipped.. Now I'm thinking how can I restore. I got some money put aside and I want it to be a quality restoration as the car needs New suspension,new,tires,brakes,tr anny check and maintenance plus the engine oh and some new black paint with clear coat lol yea I know I ruined it now I'm ready to do something about it. So any recommendations as to shops,mechanical work etc whatever I'm in need of the expert advice this site has always provided! Thanks!

for the amount $ to fix all you listed, part it out and buy another. you are looking at $15k or more for a rebuild and average re-paint. Seriously, not worth fixing your list, part out and buy another well cared for one is my advice
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Thanks! I've considered it but rather save my baby lol btw I blew the heads on the driver side from what I was told by the local Lincoln dealership not sure if this helps but basically I need a full rebuild or whatever

Go to precision auto on Palm Beach Blvd in Ft. Myers, bout a couple of blocks north of Veronic Shoemaker. Talk to Mike he's the owner, he and his guys know what their doing and their honest. I give them 5 stars.

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Ktorres1 View Post
    Thanks! I've considered it but rather save my baby lol btw I blew the heads on the driver side from what I was told by the local Lincoln dealership not sure if this helps but basically I need a full rebuild or whatever

I know how it is to want to resurrect it and it's good a member can give a reference to go talk to about, but how much do you have set aside for a pretty much restore description? Please note that Marauder specific parts like bumper covers, grilles, oem lights, wheels, interiors are obsolete from Ford. stuff can still be found thru here, craigslist, ebay and it gets pricey fast.

Maybe the reference can give you good news, but be prepared for possibly not so great.

Wish you luck in your quest.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    I know how it is to want to resurrect it and it's good a member can give a reference to go talk to about, but how much do you have set aside for a pretty much restore description? Please note that Marauder specific parts like bumper covers, grilles, oem lights, wheels, interiors are obsolete from Ford. stuff can still be found thru here, craigslist, ebay and it gets pricey fast.

Maybe the reference can give you good news, but be prepared for possibly not so great.

Wish you luck in your quest.
    Thanks very appreciative of your advice and I have all the oem stuff in good shape grilles,need new oem headlights or just have stock buffed,bumpers,interior,wheels all that stuff is in good conditions minus minor cosmetic wear I guess for a 14 year old car
    Last edited by Ktorres1; 03-24-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry24 View Post
    Go to precision auto on Palm Beach Blvd in Ft. Myers, bout a couple of blocks north of Veronic Shoemaker. Talk to Mike he's the owner, he and his guys know what their doing and their honest. I give them 5 stars.
    Thanks! Will give them a call and see if they can help.

Mos can change suspension engine and what ever he wishes don't know or he's got a painter

Thread Information