Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Want to run the MM in the 1/4 soon. Need advice

Want to run the MM in the 1/4 soon. Need advice

Soo, I plan on running my car soon just to see what it will run in the 1/4. I'm use to running stick cars so this auto deal is new to me.

The main question is, how should I launch it. Should I just floor it off idle or raise the rpm's some? I did try this when it was stock and it didn't like the rpm's being raised before takeoff. Felt like it took off in 2nd.

Keep in mind it has the stock converter. Thanks in advance
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

On my built car, I always get on the converter a bit,just enough that it wont overpower the road depending on conditions. On my stock mm, I usually preload the converter to 1200 or so. A converter would benefit your boosted car greatly.

Try different ways till you find what combo works for you, the car and the track on that particular day/night.

Yes, I plan on trying different ways to see what works. I guess I could on the street as far as launching. The night we go is moonlight madness and it's just that, madness. Mom's and grandma cars out there by the tons, so runs are limited.

I took my mustang the last 2 weeks and got 2 runs each night.
    Last edited by JBeezy; 11-02-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    2003 Black/Light Flint MM, PROCHARGER D1SC#30, 4.10 GEARS, REAR COOLING MOD, ZACK BIG BRAKE KIT, 3500 STALL, WIDENED REAR WHEELS.

1993 MUSTANG LX HATCH, 347 STROKER, 3.73 GEARS, TUBULAR K MEMBER, TKO 3550 TRANNY, AEROSPACE DUAL PISTON BREAKS.

A/C Off
    Traction Control Off (if equipt)
    Transmission in Drive
    O/D Off
    Preload the Torque Converter until the tires just start to break loose
    Release the Brake
    Mash the Go pedal
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Just wondering. In stock form can this same method be used? I tried that stock and the take off was crap. Then I just floored it off idle and it took off better.

Stock, was the torque converter locking up when brake torquing it?

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    A/C Off
    Transmission in Drive
    O/D Off
    Release the Brake
    Mash the Go pedal
    My bro is correct here^^^^--and yes --should work for you--just try it a few time to get what works like others said......let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by JBeezy View Post
    Just wondering. In stock form can this same method be used? I tried that stock and the take off was crap. Then I just floored it off idle and it took off better.

Stock, was the torque converter locking up when brake torquing it?
    ........see above
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

This is the advice I asked for and received before I ran the 1/4 for the first time ever. Following these instructions to a "T" resulted in a 12.4 ET with zero wheel spin at launch.

If I may add one additional step; Air Ride Off.

Quite a rush!
    A/C Off
    Transmission in Drive
    O/D Off
    Release the Brake
    Mash the Go pedal
    Just another clown on a bike...

As good as any man, better than none.

Former owner of a highly modified and very fast Marauder.

"You CAN fit a square peg into a round hole, all you need is a big enough hammer." -Original

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseheadbob View Post
    This is the advice I asked for and received before I ran the 1/4 for the first time ever. Following these instructions to a "T" resulted in a 12.4 ET with zero wheel spin at launch.

If I may add one additional step; Air Ride Off.

Quite a rush!
    What were your mods at this time when you ran 12.4? I'm stock exhaust except Magnaflows.

Leave on the last yellow..

As for RPMs. Mine bone stock did slightly better off idle. My old Trilogy set DEFINITELY preferred off idle. Doing so I went from consistent 12.8's to endless 12.1's even hot lapped. Every car is different..

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

[QUOTE=fastblackmerc;1471271]A/C Off
    Transmission in Drive
    O/D Off
    Release the Brake
    Mash the Go pedal[/QUOTE

Good advice

[QUOTE=Triple Threat;1471306]
    A/C Off
    Transmission in Drive
    O/D Off
    Release the Brake
    Mash the Go pedal[/QUOTE

Good advice
    Unless your car actually make power and you don't have DR's.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Well I am a centrifugal guy here. I think most are roots. I could be wrong. Not making a lot of low end torque.

Quote Originally Posted by JBeezy View Post
    Well I am a centrifugal guy here. I think most are roots. I could be wrong. Not making a lot of low end torque.
    I know the feeling, I'm only making 263tq at the rear wheel, I probably need a better tune....
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I think my torque is higher than that, but that's up in the rpm's when boost is built.
    Can't really remember, didn't really care to be honest. I more of a show me guy. Don't do the paper racing. I've never dyno'd my mustang or care to. It went 11.62 Friday night. Getting faster as I tweak the suspension and launch rpm's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information