Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Euro Marauderville 2016

Dereck, can you already confirm that you will be able to attend or is it still a maybe? I'm trying to get some group discount offers from various hotels around the area and the more people we can get together the cheaper it will be for us.

Jim, that sounds exciting, I'll email you with my address in a few.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Hi MG Driver

I will be there for at least one of the days, hoping to do Friday & Saturday not sure about the Sunday but may end up doing another one day dash just in for Saturday

I will try and be more positive shortly

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

This is really cool!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Okay Dereck I will count you in for a hotel as well so we have 5 confirmed attendees. I'm still waiting for confirmation from 3 guys in the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Spain, if he comes all the way from Madrid he'll have you beat on longest distance.

Also outstanding are two US military folks stationed in Germany but they can't yet tell if they will be deployed anywhere else at the time of the meeting. For some reason I can't get hold of our Finnish and Swedish members otherwise I would have invited them as well.

I recently inquired about shipping a car from Newark, New Jersey to Hamburg, Germany. It is $ 900 plus $ 150 for port fees in Germany.
    Total time for the crossing is 6 weeks.

I was thinking about Euro-M. III

Hmmmmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    I recently inquired about shipping a car from Newark, New Jersey to Hamburg, Germany. It is $ 900 plus $ 150 for port fees in Germany.
    Total time for the crossing is 6 weeks.

I was thinking about Euro-M. III

Hmmmmmmmm!
    I have shipped two cars to Bremerhaven, Germany (and back). Vehicle Safety Inspections at the Port are tough and make US standards pale in comparison. Few cars make it through inspection without some kind of repairs/fixes needed to meet the tough German standards even if they are "new" cars. Both of mine were less than 2 years old and I ended up spending about $500 each time to Pass the inspection. That's probably about $1,500 in today's dollars. Factor that into your calculations.

Coming back is another issue; because the car must be steam cleaned to eliminate any bug, agricultural, or fungus infestations before coming back in the USA. What a pain !!!

Insist on containerized shipping because if your car ends up on an open deck, you will not recognize it when it arrives.

Just some thoughts to add into your consideration.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

The car would be in a container. The shipping company gave me a good rate as the car would only be in Germany for about two - three weeks. Then it gets shipped back to the States.
    The shipper already mentioned the anti-pest measures. They'd gas the container, after it is sealed, to kill any insects and tag-a-longs.

As for the inspection... our club has participated in the cross Europe Cannonball run with the Mustangs. Since the cars were only in the country for a limited time (less than one month) before going back, the inspections were waived. I would apply for the same waiver, if I go with the car.

Keep in mind about 2 containers are lost at sea per day for non-catastrophic reasons. That goes up to over 1600 avg when weather etc gets involved.

http://gcaptain.com/how-many-shippin...s-lost-at-sea/

When I picked up my car at Bayonne, NJ years ago, there was a blue tarp thrown over a 2 foot pile of something. A guy asked me kinda reluctantly whether I was there to pick up a new Oldsmobile Cutlass. When I said No, he breathed a sigh of relief. Apparently, the ship had a particularly rough crossing of the North Atlantic and a bunch of containers broke loose and absolutely flattened the Cutlass. They were just waiting for the guy to show up to tell him.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

They do insist on insurance on the cars. That is the reason... mother nature and waves.

You can legally drive your car in Germany on foreign plates without it being TÜV compliant for up to 6 months you just have to make sure to buy proper insurance coverage. Insurance is the main concern for our authorities and it's the first thing that officers would check for if they pulled you over, if your insurance coverage is okay there will be no problems. Talk to your insurance company to see if they offer overseas driving policies.
    Looking at the sheer costs of getting the car over here I would at least plan for a 1 or 2 month trip across Europe just to make it worth while doing. If you stay within the European Union there will be no problems as most insurance policies will cover driving in the entire EU.

Back on topic for Marauderville, we won't have any Americans joining us this time I've invited two military servicemen who are deployed here at the time and have their Marauders with them but one will move back to the States and the other is going down to Italy before the meeting so they both can't make it which is a shame.

As I said in an earlier email, several of the members in my Mustang club competed in a European version of the Gumball Rally a few years ago. We are well aware of the regulations and the insurance needs, as the Mustangs and Shelbys had to comply. The prize was $ 10,000. It was won by a driver from Florida. Boo Hiss!

Another update, we have an official hotel for the meeting where we will be granted a group discount which however will depend on the actual number of attendees so I'm trying to get that together for them as soon as possible. If you haven't yet confirmed your attendance please do so in the near future so we can get our rooms booked for a good rate.

Hotel am Freischütz
    Zunftweg 1
    DE-50354 Hürth
    Germany

Furthermore I have created a Whatsapp discussion group for the event, most of the German Marauder folks are already in there so if you are using Whatsapp and want in as well please message me your phone number and I will get you added.

Hi Guys

Am I still allowed to attend as we are no longer part of Europe?

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Relax Dereck:
    #1 - Europe is one of the seven continents, and the UK is on that continent. Therefore, you can still participate in Euro-Marauderville.
    #2 - It has been my observation that most things in politics move as fast as the rotation of the galaxy. There is plenty of time before any real changes takes place.
    #3 - after the initial shock and financial market hysteria settles down, cooler minds might prevail.

Jim (a member of a former colony)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information