Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Grand Marquis Coyote/6R80 With A Dash Of Whipple

2010 Grand Marquis Coyote/6R80 With A Dash Of Whipple

Hello guys my name is Bob and thought I would share a project that I am working on. My brother decided he wanted a hot rod and wanted something different from your usual mustang or camaro. He decided he wanted a newer model grand marquis or crown vic. So we started searching a for a car and was looking a lightly damage ones to try to get less expensive start and found a nice 2010 grand marquis hit lightly in the front. Then it was time for a donor to get everything out of. He purchased a 2014 mustang gt and a 2015 mustang gt. We have already installed metco upper and lower control arms. Also installed the metco watts link. The whipplecharger is already ordered. He ordered the all new gen 3 2.9 charger. We are hoping next 3 to 4 months we should have it completed. I am hoping 96 gt4.6 chimes in cause its his thread that has been a big help and also to just to pick his brain about a few things. I guess that's it for now. I will post up more as we progress and if there is any questions ask away. Here are a couple of teaser pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You guys will need the Power By The Hour brackets to make mounting the accessories a little easier. The 2010 has the CAN BUS system which will mesh with the Coyote much easier than the older cars. I would suggest getting the shop manual or online access to one. I'd be willing to bet you can rewire the plugs going to the PCM to make it work with the Coyote PCM. Lund Racing does alot of tuning for these engine swaps.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

Hey thanks for the advice. We already have the power by hour brackets. Epats has already been removed by power by hour also. I have the the factory wiring books for the 14 mustang and 10 grand marquis. Unfortunately pcm plug for the body is like 40 pins for the grand marquis and 70 pins for the mustang.

Its gonna be a sleeper... Keep us posted!

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Very cool project!

Thanks guys it's going to be fun. We already laid down sound deadner inside the car. My brother is having lincoln town car seats recovered and bolsters added to them. We are adding a decent sound system to the car. It's going to have a fiberglass power bulge hood. Got to get some wheels still yet for it. He wants some 20's for it. The main thing will be when the supercharger gets here so we can get front accessories made. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Thumbs up

Looking forward to updates as you go along
    SOLD MY MARAUDER .

Please don’t modify the hood if it’s not necessary!!!!

For the headers, contact MartyO. Have Stainless Works use a set of Marauder headers only weld Coyote Flanges on. Should bolt right up

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    For the headers, contact MartyO. Have Stainless Works use a set of Marauder headers only weld Coyote Flanges on. Should bolt right up
    Exactly the approach we would take.

I’d be happy to help with the headers.

Would it really be that easy? I remember you saying that in 96gt4.6 thread. My brother and I was talking about it and just hate to eat that much money on headers if you still have to modify them. On the hood it was destroyed in the wreck and he done bought the fiberglass hood.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Exactly the approach we would take.

I’d be happy to help with the headers.
    What are thinking about with the headers? My brother was talking to a shop about making them in stainless and Mandrel bent the rest of the exhaust in stainless. I think it would be nice to get some that just bolt on to speed up the process. Thanks again for all the advice.

your gonna love that swap...helped out couple guys locally with these swaps in Fox bodies
    leave the a/c in the same place and alternator,forget the PBH brackets, run a S 70 Volvo electric pump, 3 wire hook up and the high pressure line is the same thread pitch as ford!
    this way the whipple will drop on like in any mustang and pulley alignment.

wiring harness:you can go several ways,depending on what year coyote you have.
    either way you will need to disable pats and HP can do that for ya,you need to send the pcm to ED Brooks as there is several steps in order to defeat the pats, cost will be 250.
    • 82 GT coyote swap started
    • 03 300a Marauder, stroked,cammed,T/S Trilogy Supercharged # 216,Best Et 10.77@129.72 on slicks, 93 pump gas. driven to the track.
    • 2011 GT 500, 3.4 whipple,93 pump gas,10.47@133,Driven to the track.
    • 2003 azura blue Mach 1, cobra motor,2.9 Whipple,crusher inlet,built 4r70w trans,04 IRS rear.full weight street car, Corn Fed

I just realized you guys are 45-60 minutes from me. I'm up in Louisville a few miles from Ohio Valley Raceway. I'd love to see this thing in person and take some notes along the way.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Drewstang View Post
    I just realized you guys are 45-60 minutes from me. I'm up in Louisville a few miles from Ohio Valley Raceway. I'd love to see this thing in person and take some notes along the way.
    Yeah we are not that far away. Come on down and check it out. We have several more projects going on to. We are building a factory five gtm, a 1965 comet wagon with everything out of a 14 mustang v6 and few other things. If you need any parts I might be able to help there also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information