Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e3 Spark Plugs

e3 Spark Plugs

My bro was telling me about e3 spark plugs. He bought them for his Harley and will seat of the pants test them when the weather clears.

Anyone here use them in the MM?

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/
    ______________________________ _______________
    2003 BLACK 300A 06/19/2002 Build 1665 of 7839

i have herd of them but havent usded them in anyhting
    2010 fusion se

They're a scam...well, not SCAM, but "marketing hype".

Once the air/fuel mixture is ignited, no amount of spark will make the combustion "stronger" or better. It's like the 50kV SuperCoils Accel used to sell; once the ionization potential of a spark gap is reached, no further voltage is required to jump that gap. If the ionization potential in a given situation is, for instance, 20,000 volts, then that's all the coil will make, regardless of it's capacity.

Having multiple electrodes arranged in esoteric shapes is pointless...the spark will only occur across one gap at a time, the one with the least ionization potential. Save your money and buy the factory-recommended plugs.
    Last edited by RF Overlord; 05-02-2008 at 04:45 PM.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Power Block used them and said it added 6 HP in a V-8
    03 300A Black Marauder
    Ford Racing 4:10 Gears
    K&N Cone Air Filter
    Tune
    Matching Polished Spare

Power Block, and all the other shows like it, push whatever their marketing department tells them to...heck, Two Guys Garage used to hype the worthless Tornado of all things.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Everything is "hype" when its new, fuel injection, halogen headlights, cop ignition etc... How many people here who have knocked e3 have actually tried them? I have on my mower vs a new stock plug(s) and on my 97 continental. In both cases it helped, its not like adding 100hp or anything but definatly smoother, no hesitation and a bit more power. In the case of the mower I had when i got the e3 to mow several lawns which weren't mowed but maybe once a month, with heavy weeds mixed in. Stock champion "1 pull plug" plug loved to stall and was no 1 pull. The e3 however bogged a bit but didn't stall and would actually 1 pull. Mower is a sears push mower self propelled. I also put it in a 20 year old sears gas push mower which used to require starting fluid, with the e3 it starts fine. It has a choke and not a prime. I also saw the e3 a week or 2 ago on spike tv they did 5 runs on a dyno and showed the plug firing in a plug tester vs stock and a bosch +4. The bosch and e3 which they didn't identify as a bosch but it was obvious what it was both outperformed a stock plug. As far as mpg and power, not massive but consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Power Block, and all the other shows like it, push whatever their marketing department tells them to...heck, Two Guys Garage used to hype the worthless Tornado of all things.
    They still do.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I've researched numerous posts elsewhere and an astounding average of about 30-40% of what i read claimed that in ford modular engines they have cracked and actually lost pieces off the end. The end decision by most mechanics is that the ford modular engine runs a few more degrees hotter than chevy, dodge, or imports for that matter. Do i believe it? Dunno i'm not a scientist and also i'm only reading complaints for the most part. But i will never put them in my mm or any other car for that matter after hearing this. They seem to last 3,000 to 10,000 then the missing starts and then inspection of the plugs shows cracks and heat damage related deteriation. So trusty motorcraft for me thank you. Peace.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

NGK's are a good alternative to the Motorcaft's.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    +1^^^^^^^^^^
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

+2^^^^^^^^^^

Ngk Tr6-ix
    Last edited by Blackmobile; 05-04-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

Its funny to hear about the reliable motorcraft plugs. Since they reliably were running bad by 15k miles in my case. Espically in the winter they were causing the car to buck in the 20-40 mph range. As well as waiting a second or 2 after you hit the gas to respond in the winter immediatly after startup. All of which was cured with the e3's. Not to say that all motorcraft are bad but it seems that most people are simply reading their opinion in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauderman View Post
    +1^^^^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmobile View Post
    +2^^^^^^^^^^

Ngk Tr6-ix
    Quote Originally Posted by purelux View Post
    Its funny to hear about the reliable motorcraft plugs. Since they reliably were running bad by 15k miles in my case. Especially in the winter they were causing the car to buck in the 20-40 mph range. As well as waiting a second or 2 after you hit the gas to respond in the winter immediately after startup. All of which was cured with the e3's. Not to say that all motorcraft are bad but it seems that most people are simply reading their opinion in this case.
    See the bigger picture, the last three post refer to NGK's as a proven plug under extreme conditions. I recommend the iridiums to get past the 10 - 15k margin of Motorcrafts and I haven't even thought about touching my plugs after going from NA to SC. As for longevity, I put my plugs in about 85K mark and am now at the 124k mark. OK so I think I might change them soon, probably toward the end of the summer to get ready for the cooler temps for better track times. Not a bad track record for a plug I don't even have to gap. But I digress.
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

RF is right. the spark is only going to go to one of the electrodes
    2010 fusion se

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmobile View Post
    +2^^^^^^^^^^

Ngk Tr6-ix

+3^^^^^

I might try the NGK iridiums, but all NGK plugs are very good.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information