Thread: reinhart chip work with trac control?

darebren Guest

reinhart chip work with trac control?

I never thought to ask Dennis while I had him on the phone. I hope it does not disable the trac control

Trac control runs itself automatically every start-up. I think we determined it would take some modification to the circuitry itself to disable it, or to get it to work in reverse.

TC on/off

I had a thought since the last time I was at the chat board...

As we all know, the default mode for the traction control is "on"... Well, I went through some mental excerises to design a circuit that would work the switch under the dash ... to "invert" it's function... Then it occurred to me.... There is a traction control relay.... (#205 in the box under the hood, according to the owners manual). Things that make you say "HHmmmmm".

Case One:
    Relays typically one of two types either "normally open" (no) or "normally closed" (nc)... when the coil in the relay is energized it switches to the opposite of it's "normal" condition. (i.e. the "open" will "close" when the relay is energized).

I still do not have my copy of the Marauder electrical diagram yet... but I was thinking that if the relay default "type" was switched.. Then the function of the TC would be reversed... (i.e. the default would be "off" until you pushed the button to turn it on...)

Case two:
    Some times a relay will have both "no" and "nc" in the same part... you choose the function by selecting which tap to connect

The Relay Number (off of the top of the relay) is:
    F57B 14B 192 AA

Is there anyone out there that can either:
    a) Identify the ford part for the opposite version of this relay. (If the relay is nc, then find the no part.. or vice-versa) Then the relay can just be swapped. This is the EASIEST option.
    OR
    b) Find the schematic for this relay?? With the schematic, and if "case 2" is correct, than it MIGHT be possible to switch one wire in the relay box (I wonder if switching the wires is even possible??)

I guess there is a third option... just yank the relay from the box... maybe this will by default turn off the TC... then when you want the TC on... open the hood replace the relay... Kinda messy.. but easy to test.

TC on/off

I had a thought since the last time I was at the chat board...

As we all know, the default mode for the traction control is "on"... Well, I went through some mental excerises to design a circuit that would work the switch under the dash ... to "invert" it's function... Then it occurred to me.... There is a traction control relay.... (#205 in the box under the hood, according to the owners manual). Things that make you say "HHmmmmm".

Case One:
    Relays typically one of two types either "normally open" (no) or "normally closed" (nc)... when the coil in the relay is energized it switches to the opposite of it's "normal" condition. (i.e. the "open" will "close" when the relay is energized).

I still do not have my copy of the Marauder electrical diagram yet... but I was thinking that if the relay default "type" was switched.. Then the function of the TC would be reversed... (i.e. the default would be "off" until you pushed the button to turn it on...)

Case two:
    Some times a relay will have both "no" and "nc" in the same part... you choose the function by selecting which tap to connect

The Relay Number (off of the top of the relay) is:
    F57B 14B 192 AA

Is there anyone out there that can either:
    a) Identify the ford part for the opposite version of this relay. (If the relay is nc, then find the no part.. or vice-versa) Then the relay can just be swapped. This is the EASIEST option.
    OR
    b) Find the schematic for this relay?? With the schematic, and if "case 2" is correct, than it MIGHT be possible to switch one wire in the relay box (I wonder if switching the wires is even possible??)

I guess there is a third option... just yank the relay from the box... maybe this will by default turn off the TC... then when you want the TC on... open the hood replace the relay... Kinda messy.. but easy to test.

apanella - Why not turn off the traction control switch when the TC isn't needed? John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

There was a switch for sale on one of the Mustang boards that replaced the one in Cobra's. It was revesed so that the TC would be off instead of on everytime you started the car. You had to turn it on if you wanted TC active. It was kinda of a fail safe, as you didn't not want TC on while drag racing or running a course. I'll see if I can find the site again.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob, USNavy Retired
    2010 Taurus SHO Red Candy Metallic
    402A, 5% tint, Valentine 1, Laser Blaster,
    Livernois Stage 2tune, Airaid CAI
    Corsa cat-back, Lower molding stripe
    Born 10/27/09, came home 2/20/10

'03 MM 300A Gone, but not forgotten!
    Born 9/25/02, went home 11/04/02, passed on 3/21/06, Mileage: 100K

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!" (Unknown source)

Thread Information