Thread: Shock Absorber

Shock Absorber

hi ti every one

my Shock Absorber is dead and i want change it but when i go to the dealer to buy it .. the guy say the Shock Absorber for marauder is not available if u want it i will order it but the order take around month maybe more ...

so can any buddy tell me can i but an other part can fit for my ride and same the marauder quality like GM 2006 and above ?? or crown Victoria PI 2003-2004 ???

if i can please tell me the part number

or

any advice please ???
    Last edited by yryr999; 10-24-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Lots of guys are using the police shock and have no complaints.
    Trilogy 58, owned since '08

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Lots of guys are using the police shock and have no complaints.
    aha i see OK lets say I install it

did the suspension will be the same and if that not whats will be the different ? or will be more strong and comfortable or what ...

and what will be the parts number

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    you may want to check out rock auto.com part# ash 1152
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Quote Originally Posted by motown marauder View Post
    i just did kyb's all around. I like them alot and received them in 5 days.
    I got them from racepages I believe $267 for all four.

Police vs. Marauder suspension is the same, but shock and spring tuning is different, mostly due to the difference in the weight of the standard wheel for each model. The Police shock has about 30% more rebound damping force, but 25% less compression damping force.

Reduced compression usually means a plusher ride, but at the cost of more "nose dive" during braking. Increasing the rebound may give you a sense of greater stability, but you could suffer from less traction over bumps.

Like I said though, for most people they would probably not notice the difference between Police and Marauder shock tuning. Especially if they are not pushing the car to its handling limits. Anyway, always replace shocks in pairs.

Yes this is the OE Marauder rear shock. The corresponding front is ASH 1153. I believe the KYB "Handling" shock is actually a re-stickered Motorcraft Police shock, but this has not been verified on a shock dyno.

I just did my shocks (rear) at the beginning of last season because one leaked out. I got the new ones at the dealer with no word of them having any problems getting them. Picked them up the same day.
    "Barry's" the name;
    Drums and Cars are my game

"I smash the pedal; air and fuel go in; witchcraft happens; I go fast!"

"No question is stupid, if you don't know the answer!"

2004 / Black / 1981 of 3214.
    #184 of 509 in black out of 1214 total in all three colors with the moonroof option.

I just replaced my front coil over shocks two months ago. I bought them from Ray The Dealer as I have purchases from many times before. I wanted OEM equipment even confirmed part #. After the install I was surprised they were no were near or close to oem. They felt like a standard grand marq.equiment. When I called Ray he said they were the ones & because I installed them ther was no return. I think I paid over 125.00 each. I paid more thinking I wuold get oem. instead I got some other garbage. As the parts bin inventory lessens they may be useing other cross ref part#.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockettman View Post
    I just did my shocks (rear) at the beginning of last season because one leaked out. I got the new ones at the dealer with no word of them having any problems getting them. Picked them up the same day.
    Right but I think the OP is in the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    After the install I was surprised they were no were near or close to oem. They felt like a standard grand marq.equiment.
    Did you try to elevate this to FCSD? It should definitely not be a floaty ride with Marauder shocks. If nothing else, I'd like to dyno the shocks myself--I have access to that equipment here at work.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    I just replaced my front coil over shocks two months ago. I bought them from Ray The Dealer as I have purchases from many times before. I wanted OEM equipment even confirmed part #. After the install I was surprised they were no were near or close to oem. They felt like a standard grand marq.equiment. When I called Ray he said they were the ones & because I installed them ther was no return. I think I paid over 125.00 each. I paid more thinking I wuold get oem. instead I got some other garbage. As the parts bin inventory lessens they may be useing other cross ref part#.
    heres what the dealer told me "the marauder shock is no longer availible and was relaced with an 07' and up service shock ! in other words the mm shock was cross referenced and replaced with a gm shock, at least thats what i took from it
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

I heard that Tokico was the supplier of the original shocks. Do you guys think they can rebuild our old shocks to the specs they built for the Marauder? I know it will be some downtime but I don't want the floating ride when it comes time to replace mine.

heres what the dealer told me "the marauder shock is no longer availible and was relaced with an 07' and up service shock ! in other words the mm shock was cross referenced and replaced with a gm shock, at least thats what i took from it
    Well the service shock did get bumped to a 7W3Z service part number because of a design change (shock closure method). But the shock valving is supposed to be the original MM tune from 2002.

The ID color on the tip of the shock rod should be pink for Marauder, and the sticker label too. White or silver is for base, blue is for police, green is for handling, and red is for steel wheel.

Originally Posted by burt ragio
    After the install I was surprised they were no were near or close to oem. They felt like a standard grand marq.equiment.
    Did you try to elevate this to FCSD? It should definitely not be a floaty ride with Marauder shocks. If nothing else, I'd like to dyno the shocks myself--I have access to that equipment here at work.
    Thanks for the offer. I would like nothing more to have these front coil over shocks tested on a dyno. If anything it would be entertaining to see just how far apart they are from oem. The only problem with that is I don't want to go the expense of another pair of coil over shocks & alignment at this time. In the spring I may retro fit a set of Bilstien adjustable for the car. They do not make a set up for our cars.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

>>>you may want to check out rock auto.com <<<

I called and rear shocks were not in stock...
    any other place on line to purchase rear oem shocks for '03?
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty
    and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
    totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!!!"

Ok first thank all of u to post on my subject

let's say I order the pi parts

What's well be the different and what the change I will be fell

Or I should but the mgm stander

Thread Information