Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good exhaust shops in chicago area

good exhaust shops in chicago area

Need some minor exhaust work done. Ya know, tips welded in, mufflers put in, a pipe made to go from my exhaust manifolds to the H pipe.

Mufflers and cat delete first.

Anyone know of a good place?

Bridgeview auto center 91st & Harlem they are pretty reasonable

ryan why the hell do you keep asking when you asked this very question 5 times before and still havent got any work done yet. i even gave you a name of a good shop and who to talk to, you heard my car, you heard another member's car that was done there and you still ask like nobody gave you any advice on where to go. last time i talked to you, you even said you were gonna have some work done by my guy. so why are you wasting people's time asking these questions?

too much crap on the car to list it all

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958325

I cant make up my mind on what im going to do is the issue, plus i like to shop around a bit. I WAS going to go with a full 2 1/2 system until i realized its not worth it.

Sanco, where is the shop you are referring to?

2003 Mercury Marauder w/ 43000 miles
    4.10 gears, JLT CAI, excal2 from DR, PHP intake spacer, Steeda UD pulleys, EMP water pump, Valve body kit from Darrin, P&P plenum, 180 degree tstat.
    Best 1/4 mile - 14.468 @ 95.82mph.

Sanco, is this what your trying to say?
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

If your ever out in the aurora area I know of a very cheap place, not the best looking work but cheap, don't leak, and cheap!

I paid $30.00 for rear cats removed, $40 for (poor man) deletes, and $180.00 for flows w/installation.

Sounds great! for a total of $250.00.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    If your ever out in the aurora area I know of a very cheap place, not the best looking work but cheap, don't leak, and cheap!

I paid $30.00 for rear cats removed, $40 for (poor man) deletes, and $180.00 for flows w/installation.

Hook me up with that info! I am not too far from you.

pm me if ya can.

I dont feel like spending alot on something that noone will ever see.
    Last edited by cvpiftw; 05-12-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest30 View Post
    Northside.

lol bob yea that is exactly what im trying to say because he wont end up doing it lol...prove me wrong ryan, prove me wrong

the shop is at lincoln and touhy up here on the north side, its in lincolnwood and the shop is called Tuffy.

Think they'll remove the cats off my old lincoln with no problem? They heat up my transmission too much.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

They had no issue removing mine. The way they see it, it's YOUR car.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Quote Originally Posted by sanco View Post
    lol bob yea that is exactly what im trying to say because he wont end up doing it lol...prove me wrong ryan, prove me wrong

the shop is at lincoln and touhy up here on the north side, its in lincolnwood and the shop is called Tuffy.
    We have a few of those Tuffy shops by me. I'll never go there again. My brakes in an 89 GMC van were messed up. They wanted $1200 bucks to fix them! I went to autozone, bought some pads and had someone put them in and the brakes were fine for the next several years I owned the vehicle. Maybe I'll check out that one on 91st and Harlem when it's time for some exhaust.

2003 Mercury Marauder w/ 43000 miles
    4.10 gears, JLT CAI, excal2 from DR, PHP intake spacer, Steeda UD pulleys, EMP water pump, Valve body kit from Darrin, P&P plenum, 180 degree tstat.
    Best 1/4 mile - 14.468 @ 95.82mph.

We have a few of those Tuffy shops by me. I'll never go there again. My brakes in an 89 GMC van were messed up. They wanted $1200 bucks to fix them! I went to autozone, bought some pads and had someone put them in and the brakes were fine for the next several years I owned the vehicle. Maybe I'll check out that one on 91st and Harlem when it's time for some exhaust.
    yea the issue with this is not really about WHERE you go to get your work done but WHO does the work. honestly other than the guy i used for my exhaust i wouldnt have anyone else in that shop touch my car lol. prior to going to him i went to about 5 or 6 other shops around here that "specialize" in exhaust work and it was like talking to a brick wall, morons didnt know crap they were talking about. one of them even told me that "its impossible to put in anything larger than a 2" pipe in these cars" and later on tried to tell me that my car has a special police motor in it lol. o well, just tells ya you really have to talk to people that will work on your car before commiting to a shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information