Thread: Mufflers

Mufflers

Has anyone eliminated the mufflers and left everything else stock? If so how was it?

I’ve heard it on another members. Sounded good at idle, but rev it at all and I hated it. Google crown Vic muffler delete. There has to be some videos I’d imagine and it wouldn’t be any different really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

EDIT: Found an old youtube video I guess I made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-KuBNHCaPA

I have this set up currently on my car. Did it years ago as I was 19 and didn't have the funds to do what I really wanted (stainless works system). Haven't touched the car in 2 years unfortunately and I do not have any videos.

Insight I can provide: Sounds throaty and mean at idle but not that loud. Drone is pretty bad, but im young so I didn't and still don't give 2 sh***. Cruising speeds doesn't sound bad but it can be annoying at times. Punching it gets loud.

It is certainly not my favorite exhaust note, but again, it was free and I wanted to experiment with my car so to each their own. If you want to cut up the stock exhaust and make changes, chop the mufflers and fire it up, see how you like it. If it doesn't suit you, then play around. Everyone is different so you just need to find what you're looking for!

Good luck!
    Western Michigan University Alumni

1970 Ford Torino Cobra
    1970 Ford Torino GT
    2003 Silver Birch Marauder
    2022 F-150 Black Appearance Package

Thread Information