Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Marauder will not upshift from 1st or 2nd gear when at full throtttle; Help

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

I can’t stress enough how important the contacts where the chip plugs onto is CLEAN. And also the chip is taped up really tight so it can’t wiggle around.

This many years gone by I would assume both need attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

We just had an 06 impala in the shop doing the same thing. Not saying it is your problem but the catalytic converter was partially plugged / fouled. It drove well under part throttle but could not Rev past 4800 rpm at wide open throttle and it would not shift at wot either.

Now the mm has 4 cats but is there a chance one or more have become plugged? Do you have an infrared thermometer to check their temps individually?
    1987 GN running 10's. 2003 MM Blue Sold and dearly missed!
    2003 Black 300B
    Procharger P1sc with air to air intercooler
    3,000 PI converter
    4.10 Eaton posi 31 spline carrier
    Moser 31 spline axles
    Koos headers, with custom stainless exhaust, Megs tips
    Carbon fiber drive shaft
    Metco control arms
    Every autometer procomp gauge in the catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    We just had an 06 impala in the shop doing the same thing. Not saying it is your problem but the catalytic converter was partially plugged / fouled. It drove well under part throttle but could not Rev past 4800 rpm at wide open throttle and it would not shift at wot either.

Now the mm has 4 cats but is there a chance one or more have become plugged? Do you have an infrared thermometer to check their temps individually?
    I suspected it could be an obstruction in one of the cats. The infrared thermometer check of the cats is an excellent idea. Thanks, John

if its been fine for 15 years the tune is not the problem

if you want to put the stock tune back on it the cheapest method is to buy a moates quarterhorse and load a stock tune on it to verify, not the problem though

most likely your trans is on its way out

I am hoping it is a CAT blockage; thanks for your ideas.

I am replacing the left cat. I will post the results after I change it out.

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by johnjamis; 11-13-2021 at 03:38 AM.

Check the presser at the O2 sensors between the cats. Anything over 3 or 4 psi then suspect the cats. It cost me $108 at the dealer to learn that.

It was an honor to have
    my ASS kicked by you!
    Rest In Peace!
    Paul T. Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy Marq View Post
    Check the presser at the O2 sensors between the cats. Anything over 3 or 4 psi then suspect the cats. It cost me $108 at the dealer to learn that.
    Thanks. I will do that depending on the cost to get a new cat assembly from KOOKS.

Higher temps equal blockage.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Higher temps equal blockage.

I just looked online and copied this info about how to determine the bad cat using an IR temperature sensor.
    Last edited by johnjamis; 11-13-2021 at 03:39 AM.

You don’t even have to check temps when a cat that is fully blocked. Just look for the glowing one or determine which side of the car is more crispy after the fire is put out from parking on the grass.

SOLD 12/31/2021

lol

if the cat is bad you should feel the car bog down up top, would be a noticeable power loss not just a lack of trans shifting

[QUOTE=decipha;1573647]lol

UPDATE: Right CAT replaced; did not fix the problem. I will investigate further using the suggestions made in this thread.
    Last edited by johnjamis; 11-13-2021 at 03:40 AM.

Would a broken 2-3 accumulator piston spring cause this? You might see spring pieces in the bottom of the pan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information