Thread: Repair Mistakes & Blunders!

Smile Repair Mistakes & Blunders!

We are looking for some good "Repair Mistake & Blunder" true stories to feature in the RockAuto newsletter (we know you have some)! Tell us about your most infamous auto repair blunder or unconventional fix. Use your woe to help others avoid similar mistakes or share off-the-wall solutions that worked ... at least for a while!

Please e-mail your story to Flamur@RockAuto.com. Include your mailing address and let us know if you would like a RockAuto T-shirt (please let us know your shirt size) or Hat if we publish your story. See the T-shirts and Hats by looking under the "Tools & Universal Parts" tab in the RockAuto.com online catalog.

The story will be credited using only your first name and your vague geographic location (state, province, country, continent, etc.) so you can remain semi-anonymous!

Read the latest "Repair Mistake & Blunder" story in our current newsletter : http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/?a=2017forum#blunder

Enjoy (and learn how to avoid) even more "Repair Mistakes & Blunders" in the newsletter archives: http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/A...ml?a=2017forum

You mean like the time my 68 Montego overheated and blew the seam of the top of the radiator? I limped to a mom and pop grocery store and the old timer there brought out some cornmeal and channel locks and I was on my way back home. The cornmeal filled the cracks and I drove the car 200 miles back home to Seattle across the pass. All this while towing a tent trailer.
    Former owner of a 2004 DTR MM

Great story! If you would like the chance to possibly be featured in our newsletter and receive a Hat or T-Shirt if selected, please email your story to flamur@rockauto.com Thanks for sharing!

Differential Leak

Never Mind!
    Last edited by TJCOX; 03-29-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: cancel

Thread Information