Thread: Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

I figured it's time to start the official build thread finally! Many of you here have participated in my discussion thread about the subject, located here:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=97655

As promised, I planned to start a dedicated build thread documenting the swap and turbo kit build/tuning process. Now that things are under way, it's time to start the appropriate thread regarding the matter.

Here is where it begins!

Disassembly of the stock Marauder has commenced. The history of the car has been well documented in the previous thread, so I won't elaborate on that. This process, starts with a perfect and very beautiful example of the Marauder model. End goals are to retain EVERYTHING fully functional, just as I did my turbocharged, chevy powered Vic.

Day 1:

The build for this car is as follows at the present time:

2012 F150 5.0L Coyote
    6R80 trans from above donor
    Turbocharged with air-to-air FMIC as I did on my Vic, via custom made turbo kit produced by myself, as with my other builds.
    Tuned with HP Tuners by myself, as with other builds.
    All fabrication/wiring completed by myself as with past builds.

I ordered the entire donor pullout, which should show in the coming days. I am starting removal of the stock engine/transmission this weekend. It was posted for sale in the appropriate section a while back here on mm.net, and currently has a buyer.

This project will happen in 2 phases. The first phase, I will get the setup in and running all stock, naturally aspirated. This will allow me to work out some of the integration bugs I anticipate, as well as get a solid foundation on tuning before proceeding (I have only tuned forced inducted LS setups prior).
    If time permits this year, there will be dragstrip passes all stock. I have also ran the car as it sits now, all stock, which will give a good baseline on what the Coyote/6A improves over stock.

After that is completed, I will move on to the turbo kit fabrication and phase 2.

The process should really start to take off in the next two weeks once parts arrive, and I anticipate to have some test fit pictures by next weekend at this point.

Final drive video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4MlpJAVrjI

Last edited by 96gt4.6; 07-14-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Thread Information