Thread: Torinodan's Air Intake Bracket

Torinodan's Air Intake Bracket

These shots show the custom brackets that Torinodan made for TAF's air intake. Todd has a Metco Carbon Fiber tuber attached to a Lightning MAF and I forget the filter maker (chime in here, Toddster). The front bracket slips around the filter, uses the old airbox mounting hole. the rear bracket also uses the OEM mounting holes for the airbox. Quality stuff here.

Something else to buy!

Looks Great!!

Make me some!

Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Carlson
    These shots show the custom brackets that Torinodan made for TAF's air intake. Todd has a Metco Carbon Fiber tuber attached to a Lightning MAF and I forget the filter maker (chime in here, Toddster). The front bracket slips around the filter, uses the old airbox mounting hole. the rear bracket also uses the OEM mounting holes for the airbox. Quality stuff here.

Is the front bracket really necessary? Why block off the filter element? The tubing can't be that heavy.

hitchhiker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Carlson

May I buy one of the rear brackets?

Torinodan you have a PM.

Thanks,

David
    Last edited by hitchhiker; 03-07-2005 at 10:19 AM.

I thought that the reason non of these intakes have brackets is so there is some room for the intake to move.

The OEM tube is flexible so when the engine revs and torques to one side and back the hose flexes.

Bolting down the intake which is not flexible leaves the risk of the intake being pulled off if and when the engine vibrates or moves during high RPM's or WOT.

I know that with the JTL that is on my car that the whole thing moves with the engine. It did bug me at first that there was no bolt down but then I realized the reason.

2004 BLACK MERCURY MARAUDER
    SCT
    JLT Cold Air Induction
    PHP Intake Spacer
    Cobra Ported Manifolds
    Flowmaster 50's
    Magnaflow X-Pipe
    Stallion TC
    4:10's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Rear sway bar

1969 GREEN MACH I MUSTANG GT
    351 Windsor
    Shelby Cam
    Shelby Tri-Y headers
    Ported and polished heads
    10.5:1 Domed pistons/rods
    Balanced and blue-printed
    Offenhauser Intake
    NOS plummed under intake (8 fuel injectors, 8 NOS injectors)
    Art Carr TC
    Tranny shift kit
    Dual ignition with MSD
    3:90 Posi rear end
    Bought car when I was 16 and still have it

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath
    Is the front bracket really necessary? Why block off the filter element? The tubing can't be that heavy.
    The tubing nore the filter are that heavy, but on Todd's car the flexability of the filter neck made it vibrate and I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't move on him too much. The filter element at the very end where the mount is isn't very usefull as most of the airflow comes from the cone in the front in the front of his filter. If it was a filter like mine with no cone in the front I would take that into consideration, but the neck of mine is stiffer and dosn't move at all.
    2003A Mercury Marauder. Sold it, miss it.

USMC 06-10-96 to 06-21-06. AH-1W and UH-1N!!!! OORAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Directedby
    I thought that the reason non of these intakes have brackets is so there is some room for the intake to move.

The OEM tube is flexible so when the engine revs and torques to one side and back the hose flexes.

Bolting down the intake which is not flexible leaves the risk of the intake being pulled off if and when the engine vibrates or moves during high RPM's or WOT.

I know that with the JTL that is on my car that the whole thing moves with the engine. It did bug me at first that there was no bolt down but then I realized the reason.
    You can talk to TAF about this. What we found that because his air tube was just free floating up, down, and anyway it wanted to from the tubes weight. Due to vibration it wore out the seal on the throttle body and he has been losing power because of it. Being mounted down, there is pleanty of movement back and forth for engine TRQ. I belive we have members here who have put the JTL to the stock airbox and even though it has rubber mounts, it dosn't move too well either. Most of the Flex for TRQ would come from the aft mounting holes like they do for the stock filter box.
    2003A Mercury Marauder. Sold it, miss it.

USMC 06-10-96 to 06-21-06. AH-1W and UH-1N!!!! OORAH!!

Thread Information