Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wrecked my 2003 merc want to make it a copycat marauder

ETSilverMerc03 Guest

wrecked my 2003 merc want to make it a copycat marauder

Even as a female hot rodder i know that makes you authentic marauder guys cringe. If i would have only knew of the marauder before i bought my 03 merc, damn i would have bought the marauder FIRST. As a former mustang enthusiast, I recognize the uniqueness of the marauder, & unlike mustangs, there's not a million of them rolling around. I wrecked my merc and since im going to have to pay for alot damages, i figured i would atleast like it to "look" like a marauder. It will still be slow , but maybe i can tackle that later.
    I need a front bumper.Figured I'll go with the Marauder one. Will the headlights & corner markers work? Where is the cheapest place to find a marauder front bumper? Will the factory brackets work? Can i just get mustang tail pipes (they are the cheapest), or whats the cheapest way for tailpipes for the mercury 03? My stock rear bumper looks about the same as the marauder, or should i go with the marauder if im planning for tailpipes. Sorry for so many questions, thanks for anyones response. Tracey. Also can i use the 17" cobra r wheels? I still have two left from my old mustang. thanks.
    Last edited by ETSilverMerc03; 01-03-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    It could end up being an expensive project, as opposed to just looking for a used Marauder?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    It could end up being an expensive project, as opposed to just looking for a used Marauder?
    Agreed. The front facia, IIRC is ~$1,500.00, the rear facia ~$1,200.00.

Yup, that project would get very expensive.

Mike.

I agree. By the time you do the exterior mods (bumper fascias, wheels, tires, grille, etc) and then some underhood tweaks, you'd be much better off buying a Marauder to begin with. It's your money and it's your call, but it's not gonna be cheap.

What they all said.

+1 to all comments
    2004 Marauder - #354 of 1237 made in black
    10,800 Original miles
    Acquired 8-3-12

You may be able to find some of the parts on ebay or just do a search.Oh also

Keep us posted on this dilemma. BTW, any chance on posting pics?
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Welcome aboard Tracey. Unless your insurance is footing the bill for all this I
    think I would think real hard about doing all this work. Unless of course you have a great paying job and don't mind parting with your hard earned money.
    Tough call. Wether to spend 6 to 9 thousand on your ride or for an additional
    7 or 8 thousand you can have the real thing. Decisions, decisions.
    sleeper

Welcome! I wish you well in your endeavor. If your Merc has dual exhaust already, it's not that slow. The Marauder is much more evil looking than a GM though. The transformation may not only be expensive, but it will likely never be complete. I hope your "Panther" did its job and saved you any physical hurt. These cars are second to none in that respect! Best luck in either case.

Enjoy the site, there's tons of information here!

JMan
    Alex, you'll always be with us!
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport 230A
    Bone Stock (Really, would I lie?)
    I couldn't see destroying a Marauder as my daily driver!
    '03 Marauder 300B as in blue
    DOB 5/12/03 - adopted12/01/06
    1 of 328
    SS Inserts

Tracey,
    1) Girl Hot Rodders are HOT!
    2) Front bumper will run ya about 1200
    3) Lights and markers from GM will work, but won't be marauder blacked out. Blackouts will cost ya 200 a pop for heads and about 150 a pop for sides.
    4) Rear facias are pushin 1600 new.
    5) You can get the tips from Innovative interceptors. They are made by Meg's.
    6) You'll still have a column shift .
    7) resale/trade value will suffer
    8) Get you GM made right and let the insurance handle it.
    9) Sell it or trade it and get the real thing. By the time you spend the $$$$, it'll be a wash.
    10) Option 2: Customize the GM as a GM! I've seen a few. BKgrandmarquis here has a nice race setup. As a true car guy, I'd much rather see a truly custom GM than a poser MM!

I managed to do some pretty heavy customizing under the insurance when I wrecked my MM. I had friends at the shop who let me invest some sweat equity and many aftermarket parts cost LESS than the OEM. Perhaps you could do the same if you planned on keeping your GM.

These are my 2 cents. Spend 'em wisely.

Welcome to the collective. We're glad you weren't hurt in your wreck.
    Rich
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Quote Originally Posted by magindat View Post
    Tracey,
    1) Girl Hot Rodders are HOT!
    2) Front bumper will run ya about 1200
    3) Lights and markers from GM will work, but won't be marauder blacked out. Blackouts will cost ya 200 a pop for heads and about 150 a pop for sides.
    4) Rear facias are pushin 1600 new.
    5) You can get the tips from Innovative interceptors. They are made by Meg's.
    6) You'll still have a column shift .
    7) resale/trade value will suffer
    8) Get you GM made right and let the insurance handle it.
    9) Sell it or trade it and get the real thing. By the time you spend the $$$$, it'll be a wash.
    10) Option 2: Customize the GM as a GM! I've seen a few. BKgrandmarquis here has a nice race setup. As a true car guy, I'd much rather see a truly custom GM than a poser MM!

I managed to do some pretty heavy customizing under the insurance when I wrecked my MM. I had friends at the shop who let me invest some sweat equity and many aftermarket parts cost LESS than the OEM. Perhaps you could do the same if you planned on keeping your GM.

These are my 2 cents. Spend 'em wisely.

Welcome to the collective. We're glad you weren't hurt in your wreck.
    Rich
    As usual from Rich, well put!

J
    Alex, you'll always be with us!
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport 230A
    Bone Stock (Really, would I lie?)
    I couldn't see destroying a Marauder as my daily driver!
    '03 Marauder 300B as in blue
    DOB 5/12/03 - adopted12/01/06
    1 of 328
    SS Inserts

FWIW, I know of a Buckeye Member who made a Crown Vic look exactly like a Marauder. It was done well IMO, however, the tan interior was a bit weird to see. It had MM front and rear facia, wheels, and engine. The only way you could really tell it wasn't a MM was by looking at the front wheels. They were set in just a bit than the real MM's. I can't remember who it is, or if there are some pix floating around here. Fastmerc or Pantheroc might know him. Try PM'ing them. If you talk to the guy who owns the car, he'll lead you in the right direction.

-Mat
    2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    Trilogy Eaton Intercooled Supercharger #200
    483 RWHP 471 RWTQ @ 13.5 lbs of Boost 2.8" Pulley
    11.76 @ 116.25 1.65 60ft
    17,500 Miles

Quote Originally Posted by mpearce View Post
    FWIW, I know of a Buckeye Member who made a Crown Vic look exactly like a Marauder. It was done well IMO, however, the tan interior was a bit weird to see.
    -Mat
    I remember that guy/car from MV III; but I can't place his screenname at all. As I recall, he used a '99 Crown Vic as the base. Yeah, the tan seats were the give-away to me.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I remember that guy/car from MV III; but I can't place his screenname at all. As I recall, he used a '99 Crown Vic as the base. Yeah, the tan seats were the give-away to me.
    Now that I think about it...I think his name was Jim...but I'm not sure of his screen name on here. From what I remember, I don't think he was an active poster.

-Mat
    2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    Trilogy Eaton Intercooled Supercharger #200
    483 RWHP 471 RWTQ @ 13.5 lbs of Boost 2.8" Pulley
    11.76 @ 116.25 1.65 60ft
    17,500 Miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information