Thread: Just bought a new(to me)car.

Just bought a new(to me)car.

1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2+2, T-tops, N/A. Really cool car. 5 speed manual, as low to the ground as you would want to be.

Just rambling at the keyboard.

I have always liked these cars and made an offer on one 15 years ago and was rejected. So I purchased this one for $1100 from a friend who was desperate to sell. I bought it non running, sight unseen and had it towed to the house. Needed a clutch safety switch and she was running again. Also needed a MAF sensor and now seems to be running great. Since then I've put an additional $1000 into it which includes new tires and some new leather goodies trying to possibly flip this car for a profit.

With the new car I've been looking at the Marauder a little differently. Assuming that I can get a pretty good cash price and was thinking about selling it and driving the Nissan as a daily driver. Funny thing is I drove the Marauder today and realized that the Marauder is one hell of a car. Comfortable, fast and just happened to receive a compliment while picking up a pizza. Two different cars but both really cool in their own era. I wondered if the Marauder would be jealous but cars don't really have a personality, right? My Mercury seems so dependable and I've put some cash into her to make her last another 100,000 miles, hopefully.

I think I'll keep the Mercury and flip the Nissan. Tried to find a 300ZX forum comparable to this one and nothing touches it.

Kudos to everyone here that contributes and helps keep these cars on the road.

Those 300Z's were fun little cars. As for the Marauder, I have had mine out and about for the last few days now. I spent 30 minutes today just talking about the Marauder with some college kids while my son was wrestling. And then as I was driving home, I had compliments from 2 mustangs that were cruising together. The Marauder is a great car to drive.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

Thread Information