Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Tune needed

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Please tell me more about the X2. Too lazy to look at the moment.

Does it have WiFi capability like the X4? I can log on my X4 to my home wifi network and it will automatically connect with SCT and update its internal firmware and the canned tunes it was originally shipped with.

I have downloaded the SCT program required (windows only) onto a dedicated Windows 10 laptop to move the downloaded tune onto the SCT device. Haven't deployed this function yet as I'm making the trip to MartyOs shop later this month for physical mods and a tune - will load it onto my device at that time.

In the meantime, I'll be downloading and playing with the Dealer Tool program for Triumph Motorcycle diagnostics onto the same Windows laptop. Can't change ecm tunes with it but it seems to be 'full spectrum' diagnostics otherwise. It reportedly allows one to reset service reminders, balance throttle bodies and bleed ABS systems right from the laptop.
    No, there is no wifi. This unit has the obdII hardwired to the bottom and a peripheral device USB connector (shaped like a house) on the top. One has to use a USB cable to connect it to a laptop (or tablet) for datalogging or to download a tune to it.

I was thinking of driving to MartyOs too. He's only 4 1/2 hours from me. Have to finish my mods first, then make an appointment, maybe.

2004 CV LX Sport

SCT X2, Blue Oval Tune (needs update), ADTR Plenum, 70mm Aviator TB, 80mm MAF, 3.73:1 Auburn Posi rear end, 18-inch Mustang GT Fan-blade wheels with BFG 255/45ZR18 tires, MM Instrumentation, rear spoiler, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Tinted Headlights, Focus Fog lights w/Marauder switch, Honeycomb grille. Next installs: Upgrade exhaust system, lowered 1".

Another SCT question

I understand that if I want to get rid of my SCT Xcal2 I first have to "unmarry" it from my car. And "unmarrying" will set the car's "tune" back to stock.

If that's true, since I've made some changes to the vehicle engine, drivetrain, etc., with the stock tune the car will not run properly. Right?

2004 CV LX Sport

SCT X2, Blue Oval Tune (needs update), ADTR Plenum, 70mm Aviator TB, 80mm MAF, 3.73:1 Auburn Posi rear end, 18-inch Mustang GT Fan-blade wheels with BFG 255/45ZR18 tires, MM Instrumentation, rear spoiler, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Tinted Headlights, Focus Fog lights w/Marauder switch, Honeycomb grille. Next installs: Upgrade exhaust system, lowered 1".

Quote Originally Posted by CrownVic75 View Post
    I understand that if I want to get rid of my SCT Xcal2 I first have to "unmarry" it from my car. And "unmarrying" will set the car's "tune" back to stock.

If that's true, since I've made some changes to the vehicle engine, drivetrain, etc., with the stock tune the car will not run properly. Right?

Depends on your mods.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    Depends on your mods.

The only mods I've made are listed below in my signature. Nothing major.
    2004 CV LX Sport

Quote Originally Posted by CrownVic75 View Post
    The only mods I've made are listed below in my signature. Nothing major.
    With the MAF it might be hard to run the stock tune but yiu can try.

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    With the MAF it might be hard to run the stock tune but yiu can try.
    I think it will run poorly with the stock tune, and why bother.
    Just go to Marty, leaving the car / old tune, let him rid the old and flash in a new tune with a modern Xcal. You can drive around, he can tweak.
    Instant happiness.
    Then, Marty has a baseline tune for when you do further mods. He can email updated tunes.
    EDIT: Reason I suggest upgrading your tuning device, is I have an Xcal 3 for my Marauder, my CV Sport got an Xcal 4 - and it is soooo much faster, more tuning options by user, and will be forward compatible for years.
    Have to let go of the 8 track tape player at some point
    good luck. My tune in my Sport from Marty is a blast.
    Last edited by chief455; 08-11-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL