Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

You could always just go the redneck route and bang out the tunnel. If for some reason you run into a serious problem, you could always make a custom tunnel. The only problem I see with a new tunnel is getting the console to fit over it if it's significantly different.

2005 Mercury S55
    Saleen Supercharged 2V

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_S55 View Post
    You could always just go the redneck route and bang out the tunnel. If for some reason you run into a serious problem, you could always make a custom tunnel. The only problem I see with a new tunnel is getting the console to fit over it if it's significantly different.

Mine fit. And you could say it was significantly different alright! ANYTHING is possible. 🏻

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

What a cool build thread. It's been awhile since we've had such a refreshing build thread like this on the forum. Keep up the good work

Can't stop the signal...
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Did you record the original driveline angle yet to ensure no headaches with vibrations? I had to make my own crossmember for the TR6060. I know CWRight has custom one also for his 4L80E.
    Was your trans output shaft angle lowered relative to stock as a result of the manual swap? Do you think this worsened the Marauder driveshaft vibration issue?
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

On my '97, which ran a GM 4L80E, I simply recorded all angles with a magnetic angle meter, and set them the same going back together with the chevy stuf. I had no issues to 160 mph in that car, using the stock Vic driveshaft, which I had shortened and high speed balanced.

Calling it quits for the day! Pic dump time!

That will be all till Wednesday evening or so when I get back on it, and the trans/accessory bracket/ect will be here.

Going good!

Turbocharged Coyote/6R80 Swap, Build/Discussion Thread, Pics, info inside!

Quote Originally Posted by lifespeed View Post
    Was your trans output shaft angle lowered relative to stock as a result of the manual swap? Do you think this worsened the Marauder driveshaft vibration issue?

I'll answer this for the sake of helping someone that might be building their own cross member or feel the stock one modified is "close enough" and apologize for the hi jack.

I had massage the tunnel slightly (after I recessed in for the under mount shifter). Even with this I ended up around 1/4 of 1% lower. Of course that is for just us that feel accuracy matters. My tailshaft is the same 4 1/4" bolt pattern as the 8.8 and I tried a steel telescoping shaft that failed at 80 and up. The Driveshaft Shop set me up with a lengthened GT500 upgrade constant velocity shaft that is capable of 1,000+ RWHP @ 8* max pinion angle LOL

You can say we've tested it with three adults at the top of 3rd with 26#s of boost with the only vibration being tire slippage. Frank at The Driveshaft Shop is a true class act.

Sorry for the hijack! Just didn't want to read about other members issues.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Actually your input is greatly appreciated! I will be needing a telescoping shaft on my setup as well. The output shaft on the A6 is a fixed yoke design. I need an experienced mind to help on that. The mustang uses a carrier with a telescopic rear section. Do or can a shaft be made that has a telescopic joint in it, but no carrier?

Awesome, simply awesome.
    I hope, without removal, you an reproduce the modified motor mount, oil pan, and guide to clearance cut areas and amounts.
    Like templates and custom built 5.0 swap parts.
    Someone here will want to make and sell this stuff.
    I'm so happy you are documenting this and working so professionally.
    And so many have so much helpful tips to add!
    This is hands down THE best thread since I joined the site.
    5 thumbs up!!
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

^ That wouldn't be a problem. The mount offset I used was 3/4". And the Moroso pan # should be in there as well. The factory trans crossmember has slotted holes for the trans mount, up to 1 inch back you can go. However, you have to cut the front of the trans crossmember area (easy as its flat steel) because it hits the trans pan.

So far, this is all it has taken to seat the 5.0L. We will know more when the accessory mount kit shows on how well this location pans out. For those staying 4r70w, this is how I would go about it. Let's hope the 6 speed auto fits the tunnel, if so, get ready boys as this pig is going to get serious real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    ^ That wouldn't be a problem. The mount offset I used was 3/4". And the Moroso pan # should be in there as well. The factory trans crossmember has slotted holes for the trans mount, up to 1 inch back you can go. However, you have to cut the front of the trans crossmember area (easy as its flat steel) because it hits the trans pan.

So far, this is all it has taken to seat the 5.0L. We will know more when the accessory mount kit shows on how well this location pans out. For those staying 4r70w, this is how I would go about it. Let's hope the 6 speed auto fits the tunnel, if so, get ready boys as this pig is going to get serious real quick.
    that is the cake frosting, man! From what I'm seeing here, you'll get it. And the few serious guys digging in with you,

Someday, this WILL be a viable swap kit, just supply a pullout 5.0/6spd auto/PCM
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Actually your input is greatly appreciated! I will be needing a telescoping shaft on my setup as well. The output shaft on the A6 is a fixed yoke design. I need an experienced mind to help on that. The mustang uses a carrier with a telescopic rear section. Do or can a shaft be made that has a telescopic joint in it, but no carrier?

If that's the case I strongly recommend not going telescoping. I tore my first one clean in half at 90 at the track. Like a fool I had another one built. Warped it, had another shop re balance, warped it again out of state, re balanced again..

My C.V. Style aluminum one from DSS lets the CV joint collapse, then it pulls outward when torqued. This eliminates the telescoping woes of harmonics, a normal complaint of any newer high powered Mustang.

Builder Of Badassery
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Thank you sir! Once the trans is seated and measurements made, I know what to get!

Just got this from JEGS.....not sure if it's a good deal or not but thought I'd throw it out for ya!!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford-Racing/39...d=#moreDetails

Sounds like a good price to me??
    No Marauder

A 4R100 will fit the tunnel and that's been proven.
    How do they compare in size?

It has to be close if not smaller to a 4r100, those are pretty massive.

That Jegs link no worky

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread Information