Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foglights - HID bulb upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Smalldogg/03mm View Post
    Hey bud do u offer the head light bubs to ?? Is so I would like to order them thanks
    You need a HID kit (bulbs, ballasts, wiring etc.). I can get you a price. Need to know what temperature bulb.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Want to upgrade your foglights to HID bulbs but don't want the hassle and work of modifying the stock H1 bulb retainer?

Well my H10 - 6K HID bulbs arrived.

The H10 bulbs are almost plug-n-play... almost.

Have to sand / grind / file down a few areas for them to mount just like the factory H1 bulbs.

You will still need to use some silicone to seal the bulbs.

This takes about 10 minutes of work compared to the 1 to 2+ hours spent modifying the H1 bulb retainer.

H10 / 6K bulb installed

Areas to grind down (they should be obvious), also need to shorten the tab at the upper right.

i just did thid hid mod it woirk and is very simple thanks for the pics they helped out alot MAN I LOVE THESE HID HEAD AND FOG LIGHTS!!!!!!!
    VORTECH A2A supercharger ,accufab 60mm throttle body,all fluids royal purple,cobra headers and exhaust by todd at Grands,410 gears rebuilt rearend(eaton), 3600 high stall converter,rebuilt transmission by Team Ford of marietta rear girdle,powerslot cryo disc, and stainless steel lines from dennis and tuned by aric at INJECTED INGINEERING

Quote Originally Posted by bigmerc'03 View Post
    i just did thid hid mod it woirk and is very simple thanks for the pics they helped out alot MAN I LOVE THESE HID HEAD AND FOG LIGHTS!!!!!!!
    Thanks!

Glad I could help out.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Not trying to bump a old thread, but hate to start a new one when so many exist on this topic. I am placing my order for HID 9007 headlights and h10 foglights, and wanted to know what all has to be done for the foglights wiring wise. I know this thread talks about how to mount them, but wanted to know about if I have to cut off factory connectors, etc. Also I have to buy the full kit again for the fogs right? If so where did you mount your new ballasts?
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    Not trying to bump a old thread, but hate to start a new one when so many exist on this topic. I am placing my order for HID 9007 headlights and h10 foglights, and wanted to know what all has to be done for the foglights wiring wise. I know this thread talks about how to mount them, but wanted to know about if I have to cut off factory connectors, etc. Also I have to buy the full kit again for the fogs right? If so where did you mount your new ballasts?
    There will be two harnesses on the ballasts. One harness will go to the HID bulb, the other goes to the factory harness. You will most likey have to cut the factory harness. I cut my harness and used Weatherpack connectors (http://www.weatherpack.com/) to make the connections. I also solder all my automotive connections. I also recommend the use of relays (1 per bulb).

You will need "full kits" for the fogs and headlights. A "full kit" would be one ballast / bulb.... unless you got true HID hi / lo headlights like I did.... 4 ballasts just for the headlighhts.... 2 more for the fogs

You'll have to find places to mount the ballasts.... make sure they are somewhat protected from the elements. I mounted the 4 ballasts for the headlights behind the front bumper... on the metal support.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Did you just use weatherpack splices or the actual connectors? If so which connectors are needed, (& terminals?). Are you putting the relays in line between the factory harness and ballast or ballast and bulb? Which relays would you recommend (have had bad luck with crap relays on headlight upgrades before so want a suggestion on a good one). 6 ballast eh WOWZA lol Looks like the kits I am ordering are 1 ballast per bulb, so just the 4.
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles
    Bought used 05/07/11

HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

00 White CVPI (KTA Car)

1995 Chevy Suburban K1500

Quote Originally Posted by capt512 View Post
    Did you just use weatherpack splices or the actual connectors? If so which connectors are needed, (& terminals?). Are you putting the relays in line between the factory harness and ballast or ballast and bulb? Which relays would you recommend (have had bad luck with crap relays on headlight upgrades before so want a suggestion on a good one). 6 ballast eh WOWZA lol Looks like the kits I am ordering are 1 ballast per bulb, so just the 4.
    If you not doing fogs you won't need any connectors. The headlight kit should be plug-n-play. You may have to switch the hi / lo beam wires in the HID kit sockets... sometimes they are incorrect.

The HID kit you buy should have the relay already installed. If you need relays the best are Bosch relays, standard 30/40amp. You will also need sockets for the relays. The relay gets wired in between the factory wring and the ballasts.

I went with the hi / lo HID setup because I wanted true HIDs... some kits are just HID lo beams, HID lo beams with halogen hi beam or HID lo beams with a mechanism to move the HID bulb up and down to simulate hi / lo beams.... neither of them are what I wanted.

What temperature are you getting? Remember the higher temperature the less light output. I went with 6k in headlights & fogs.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    I let mine sit for 24 hrs before putting them in the fog lamp housings. I found that this RTV works the best as it is also very adhesive and when it dries it's pretty strong. Plenty strong enough to hold up fine to me twisting the bulb into the lock position on the fog lamp housing and it was kind of tight as well.

This is what I was looking for, yes...
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post
    This is what I was looking for, yes...
    That is the old school way by modifying the H1 bulb holder itself. Using an H10 bulb makes everything a whole lot easier, a few hours (H1 method) compared to 10-15 mins (H10 method) way.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    That is the old school way by modifying the H1 bulb holder itself. Using an H10 bulb makes everything a whole lot easier, a few hours (H1 method) compared to 10-15 mins (H10 method) way.
    Then seal the base of the H10 bulb to the housing with silicone sealer.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Whats the shorter version?

Apparently the shorter version is the H10. I used H1 originally and was a pain.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    Apparently the shorter version is the H10. I used H1 originally and was a pain.
    Doing mine today I will fig it out... lol

Quote Originally Posted by FastMerc View Post
    Doing mine today I will fig it out... lol

How'd this turn out?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    How'd this turn out?
    They are in took some time and I love them, awesome in the dark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information