Thread: Slight Pull to left after alignment

Slight Pull to left after alignment

This is a more specific post about my alignment. I got it aligned to Carfixer's specs as best they could. They did remove the flags to get as close as possible. It is actually pretty good and stays straight on the flat section of road but if I am in the left lane it tends to pull left a little. Below are the alignment specs they got it to. Do they look pretty good?

Camber LEFT Actual -0.9 Before -0.9 RIGHT Actual -1.0 Before -1.4
    Caster LEFT Actual 5.4 Before 5.4 RIGHT Actual 5.5 Before 5.5
    Tow LEFT Actual 0.00 Before 0.48 RIGHT Actual -0.02 Before 0.53

Cross Camber Actual 0.1 Before 0.6
    Cross Caster Actual -0.1 Before -0.1
    Total Toe Actual -0.02 Before 1.02

Also, the wheel is slightly turned to the right by about 10 degrees when going straight. Is there a way to straighten this out or is it purely an alignment issue?

Thanks

It could be a tire try crossing them and see what happens. if you have a full size spare try it on.
    73TORINO SPORT 112K M. BOUGHT NEW
    04 DTR 42K M.
    03 BLK 9K M.
    07 GT500 10K M.
    98 MARK VIII 70K M. BOUGHT NEW
    21 EXPLORER PLATINUM 3.0
    18 GENESIS G80 5.0
    78 RANCHERO 5.0
    54 GMC

Good idea. I will also double check the pressures again.

So the shop can reset the toe to level the steering wheel. They adjusted your passenger side camber nicely. Try cross rotating the front tires left to right and see if the car drifts the other way.
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 8UWITH6 View Post
    So the shop can reset the toe to level the steering wheel. They adjusted your passenger side camber nicely. Try cross rotating the front tires left to right and see if the car drifts the other way.

^^^FYI This good looking dude knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    ^^^FYI This good looking dude knows his stuff.

No I will not go out with you Bob...... You know it could never be.......... Neil & Bob
    Neil
    2003 Mercury Marauder - DBP/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - BLK/DC
    2003 Mercury Marauder - SB/LF
    2004 Mercury Marauder - DTR/LF
    1964 Mercury Marauder - BLK/BLK

I would be concerned that they didn't bother to center the wheel when doing the toe adjustment. To me that says something about the attention to detail of the technician. Which shop did you take it to? I've been in a perpetual struggle to find a decent and reasonably priced alignment shop in the EC/Catonsville area.

I took it to Apple Ford. To be far it is barely off and not sure you would notice unless you take it out on the highway. Maybe I am wrong.

So, you adjust the steering wheel by moving both tie rod ends, thus keeping the same toe but moving the steering wheel?

It could be the tires. Still have to switch them and see what happens.

Thing is they should have had the steering held in the straight ahead position when they set the toe, so it should not be turned going straight.
    73TORINO SPORT 112K M. BOUGHT NEW
    04 DTR 42K M.
    03 BLK 9K M.
    07 GT500 10K M.
    98 MARK VIII 70K M. BOUGHT NEW
    21 EXPLORER PLATINUM 3.0
    18 GENESIS G80 5.0
    78 RANCHERO 5.0
    54 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

So, you adjust the steering wheel by moving both tie rod ends, thus keeping the same toe but moving the steering wheel?

Correct.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I've not had a great experience with Apple and now use Century in Mt Airy for dealer warranty work. Apple should make it right and center the wheel. If swapping the tires doesn't fix the pull they should also correct that. Part of an alignment should be a road test afterward which would have revealed both of those. It speaks to the attention to detail of the tech, and I am nitpicky about thing like that when I pay for work and

My last few alignments have been with Mike Gordon at Pine Orchard Exxon. He did a very nice job on custom specs for my '68 mustang and charged $75. Price might have gone up since then.

Yeah thinking of taking it back

Thread Information