Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metco Watts Link

Metco Watts Link

Im replacing the factory watt links and noticed there seems to be a ball joint on the watt links thats rusted pretty bad. My installer said to change that and the ride height sensor since they both have a bit of rust. ANways is this the right Part for the replacement of the watt links ball joint?

Also the car feels so much better with the Metco U/L Control Arms. I can feel more of the road now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-11-GRAND-...c3c37e&vxp=mtr
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Chi Stallion View Post
    Im replacing the factory watt links and noticed there seems to be a ball joint on the watt links thats rusted pretty bad. My installer said to change that and the ride height sensor since they both have a bit of rust. ANways is this the right Part for the replacement of the watt links ball joint?

Also the car feels so much better with the Metco U/L Control Arms. I can feel more of the road now!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-11-GRAND-...c3c37e&vxp=mtr
    What is rusted on it? Surface rust is OK.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

From what i seen the oemwatts link that are still on right now are rusted to pure hell. So i just figured if im puttin something as high quality as these metco watts link i might as well replace the oem ride height sensor and ball joint since they are also rusted too. I dont want to have no rusted parts on them at all.
    300A 8-20-02 #3849
    Webasto Aftermarket Moonroof
    Rear Spoiler
    S55 Tail Light Treatment
    5% Limo Tints
    Fresh Black Paint & PVD Chrome

Stainless Works Headers & Full Cat Mandrel Exhaust System w/Magnaflow 11229 Mufflers, Martyo Tune & Coolant Mod, Steeda UDP, Stewart WP, JLT CAI & Catch Can, J-Mod, UHaul Pan, Rebuild 4R70W, Dynotech 4' 6061, Forced Lube Mod, 31 Ford Spline Axles, 31 Cobra Carrier w/CF Clutchs, Ford Racing 4.10, TA Girdle & Stud Kit, Carfixer Alignment & SPC Camber Bolts, Ridetech HQ Front Coilovers w/ADTR extended bracket & ADTR Rear HQ Shocks, Arnott P2936 A/C & A-2220 Bags, Gorilla Lock, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 Tires, Metco Control Arms & Watts Link, Addco F/R Sway Bars, SS Brake Lines, AutoMeter Digital Oil & Volt Gauge, Full VLED Interior/Exterior, Alpine ILX-507, PKG-M780 Headrest Monitors, MRP-F300, R-S65C.2 & R-S68 Speakers, HCE-C1100 & KTX-C10LP Camera System, Viper DS4 & DSM550 GPS SmartStart System, Yellow Optima, BIG III & 200 Amps Alt

You answered your question. ....there you go!
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

The one from TaxiProParts (think that's the name, can't seem to find my receipt...) is nicely cad-plated.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The one from TaxiProParts (think that's the name, can't seem to find my receipt...) is nicely cad-plated.
    I ordered this exact one to go with the Metcos I just ordered. Thanks for the heads up. Nicely done.

tbone- If you want to really go overboard (like yours truly) you can clearcoat these pieces prior to install. KBS's Diamond Finish Clear is simply incredible, I've gotten to where I put that stuff on all sorts of undercar parts. Makes for long-term beauty like nothing else I've ever used. Just brushes on, easy as can be.

I might just do that....

tbone- If you do decide to bother, I'd sure look into that KBS product. I've used [you name it] before settling on that, and this is the sort of thing you only want to do once.

Do you put it on the aluminum Watts link too?

I googled it. Looks like a nice product.

Is the center link pressed on? Hard to get off? A few taps of a hammer to release?

The pivot link in the middle comes right off. Just remove all three nuts.
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    Correct.

Much easier than getting the big nut off.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

tbone- I plan to, my Metcos are still sitting in the box. I'm gonna leave a bit of a margin around the bushings and the grease fittings just to make sure I don't somehow seal up something inadvisable with the Diamond Finish, you sure don't want that stuff getting in the wrong places.

Heh heh, doing my steering shafts was a bit of a project for that reason, but !oh man! did it turn out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Logizyme View Post
    Where it connects to the diff in the center is what I meant. I'm asking if it is a super tight fit once you remove the nut.....I'm guessing it isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information