Thread: Los Angeles-area Exhaust Shops?

Los Angeles-area Exhaust Shops?

Does anyone know of a good muffler shop with mandrel-bend tooling that they would recommend in the Los Angeles area anywhere? I think maudominguez mentioned that Chicane in Torrance also does exhaust.

Still deciding on the Ravin 55s vs. the Flowmaster 40 Deltaflows. Don't know which is louder or which has more lower-frequency rumble (louder=good) (more rumble=good). I also already have the resonator-delete Megs tips from Cone Engineering. Hmmm . . . wonder if glasspacks are simply ridiculous (or would they be too high-pitched as the engine whines to high RPMs)?

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

No one out here that I know of has a Mandrel bending machine. The best place I know of is Chip's Brake and Muffler in Simi Valley. They have done systems on both my supercharged vic and my daily driver vic.
    -Chris
    1992 Crown Vic (RocketCouch): Click here for specs and pics
    2004 Crown Vic PI (Casper): Click here for specs and pics
    2003 Marauder DBP: Click here for specs and pics

Thanks, Rocket. So you're saying that Chip's doesn't have a mandrel bending machine either?

B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

No they don't have one. Still do great work though
    -Chris
    1992 Crown Vic (RocketCouch): Click here for specs and pics
    2004 Crown Vic PI (Casper): Click here for specs and pics
    2003 Marauder DBP: Click here for specs and pics

Ok I hope this is the Name of the place,
    Try Dougs headers I went by there shop but for the life of me I can't remember where they are.
    They had many hot rods in the shop and all where getting true mandrel bent tubing.

I just called a speed shop in Santa Monica who claimed there are only three shops in Southern California with mandrel bending equipment. Didn't really need that capability anyway--just looking for a good shop to do my mufflers and tips.

dailydriver Guest
    There is a shop on Magonlia in Burbank that does great work. It's called Enoch's.

[EDITED OUT OF COURTESY TO THE VENDOR]
    Last edited by studio460; 08-26-2003 at 05:45 PM.

dailydriver Guest
    Not a problem, Shooter. My friends and I have been going there for the better part of the last 12 years. Let us know how it turns out.

OK so what is a Mendrel Bender...obviously it bends pipe but what makes it so special?
    '03 Marauder
    Ford Wheel Locks
    OEM CD Changer
    Trunk Org
    Big ass scratch in driver front rim(gives it character)
    Another Big Ass Scratch On Rear Bumper (Even More Character)
    35% all around

IT dosn't put the kinks in the pipe, alowing for smother airflow.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Pleasant Hill Ca. - across the bay from San Francisco.

LA Exhaust

NBC Shooter,

Be sure to take pic's and let us know how
    it sounds and the details.

By the way the pic. of your MM shows two
    blue and yellow 4" circles behind your
    front grille pass. side. What are they ???

Good luck with the new exhaust.

Warren B.

Well I don't mean to slam the vendor publicly, but I wasn't completely happy with the way things went. I SAID I WANTED LOUD!!! They INSISTED I'd like the Magnaflows better than the Flowmaster 40 Series Deltaflows. Just then, I got paged back to work for a last-minute shoot, and asked if I could decide when I got back. When I got back, they had already put the Magnaflows on instead of the Flowmasters I had initially wanted. To make a long story short, I left the shop with the Flowmasters installed. So the welds aren't as pretty as the first install, and I pretty much won't look under the car much now anymore. I'll post some pics when I have the nerve to look under there again.

The colored circles in the photos are Photoshop artifacts from using the Adobe "lens flare" filter. Some of my photos are "straight" and some are heavily Photoshop modified.

P.S. Did I forget to mention that . . . I LOVE THE SOUND OF THE FLOWMASTER 40s WITH THE MEGS RESONATOR-DELETE TIPS!!! LOUD=GOOD!!! CAR MAKES SOUND AT IDLE!!! THROATY-GROWL UNDER THROTTLE!!! NOT TINNY!!! VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOMMMM!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by studio460; 08-26-2003 at 05:59 PM.

Thread Information