Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ridetech Coilovers

To answer both of you, I have the Detroit lowering springs up front with KYB shocks and I will also be running the tce wilwood 14" front kit once I drag it out of my basement and install it on the car; the spacer you mentioned is included in the kit I have. I'm currently running 18x9.5" 05-09 gt500 wheels which don't rub at all. The ridetech's aren't height adjustable at all? The lowest part of my car currently is my exhaust so I'm used to avoiding driveways and stuff like that. I can't imagine the ridetech's will lower my car beyond where my current suspension sits. Thanks for your replies.
    2003 p71, 4.6L iron block, custom Manley Pistons, Manley i beam rods, forged crankshaft, revised 04 cobra 4v heads, VMP TVS Supercharger, t56 magnum, return style fuel system, blah blah blah.

This is on my list to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
    FRPP BOSS50 Block w/MMR 900S Stroker 5.3L DOHC 324ci 10:1cr - (321rwhp/360.5rwtq) - Tuned by AED

2006 Ford Mustang GT
    FRPP FR3 Handling Pack|FRPP X Pipe w/GTA Exhaust|Steeda CAI|Hurst Shifter
    (289rwhp/307rwtq)

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LQ4 6.0L LT 4WD
    Cognito leveling Kit, Fox 2.0, BFG KOA2 Radial All Terrains, Magnaflow, K&N and 4.10 gears

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN View Post
    Ive installed the Ridetechs on 3 different Marauders coilover shocks must be set up properly or the ride quality will suffer big time , I've learned the specs Ridetech gives are nothing more than a starting point as with most coilovers , but once they are properly setup they are leaps and bounds ahead of oem Marauder shocks in every way , I can out perform a stock Marauder at every point of suspension travel , be it potholes , speed bumps or whatever the bottom line is there is absolutely no comparison to stock.
    What ridetech are you are referring to HQ ?
    What length springs ?
    What spring rate ?
    Do you feel compressio & rebound adjust are necessary ?
    Thanks again
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

I just pulled the trigger on the HQ coilovers. Sales rep says they come with a 650# linear spring.

Fun fact: $697 shipped when buying online. $797 when you call them and talk to a live person. The sales rep was honest about it and cool when I said I'd like to save $100.
    '03 Marauder | '91 Country Squire | '18 Flex Ecoboost | '92 Shadow VT1100
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

what if you want 700 lb spring, how one could get them whilst online ordering? $100 bucks is a hundred bucks for us panther folk.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

You can't specify the spring rate online as far as I could tell.
    The sales rep I talked to, John, said they can be spec'd through him.
    He was rather helpful so if you're looking to talk to a live voice, give him your money as they do work on commission according to what he told me.
    former Panthers: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '04 CVLX, '03 SAP P71, '10 P7B
    CLICK HERE and have your Marauder's COA info added to the database!!! | 2003 list ||| 2004 list
    Reinhart's tuning skills were comparable to an ape slapping the keyboard in microsoft excel.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    Quote Originally Posted by burt ragio View Post
    What ridetech are you are referring to HQ ?
    What length springs ?
    What spring rate ?
    Do you feel compressio & rebound adjust are necessary ?
    Thanks again
    Yes HQ series , You need to call Ridetech with any concerns , I don't recall the spring length , as far as spring rate I would definitely get 700lb springs they adjust easier and give a better ride than the 650lb springs on a Marauder , rebound and compression adjustments are definitely necessary (Ridetechs are 32 way adjustable) if you aren't familiar with how to adjust coilovers , or know someone who is these are not for you.
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

spring length is 8" on the ridetech. need about half inch preload if i recall reading on the instsll page or something.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I installed mine yesterday. Pics here since MMN doesn't resize and they're hella big (and yes that's a Moog arm, yes I greased the balljoint, and yes I know it's filthy, that's what happens when KYBs oil everything down): https://imgur.com/a/AL4En

With a decent impact gun, install is surprisingly easy and took only 2.5hrs from first spun wrench to first cold beer (with a road test and tool cleanup between): remove brake caliper and rotor, disconnect sway bar links, remove upper control arm, remove old coilover, install new coilover per instructions, reattach everything else

RideTech's own website says that 'fitment on an actual Crown Victoria has not been verified' and that it was made for vehicles doing a Crown Vic suspension swap. So, let me reassure you: I encountered zero issues with fitment.

One thing you'll want to understand is that the "tools required" section of the instructions is laughable at best. You'll need a full compliment of metric and standard sockets, impact gun, and a SPANNER WRENCH which you can buy from Ridetech, Summit, etc. or just borrow one from your pals like I did.

Speaking of the spanner, the first height dial-in was close, but too low on the passenger side. That required the car going up in the air twice on that side for adjustments, but finally ended with what I felt was a perfect stance.

My first reaction on the road test was utter speechlessness. Granted, I was going from completely trashed suspension to brand new expensive pieces, but...holy hell, these things are great. I had heard warnings about ride harshness, but to me, the ride is what this car should have been from the factory. Ridetech suggested going 20 clicks on the adjustment valve from full firmness, and that 21-24 clicks would probably be too soft for most applications. I went 19 and didn't even bother trying 20 or 18 to see if there was a noticeable difference. I like the 650lb spring, maybe I'd like a 700lb spring better as others have suggested but whatever...

Going forward:
    1. There is no lock-in mechanism provided with the Ridetech hardware (pardon the expression, there's probably a trade term but I don't know it). On the large spring retaining nut, there is a threaded hole where it appears a 1/4-20ish bolt can be snugged down to tighten that nut. I have no idea. I will be calling Ridetech on Wednesday for verification. It doesn't look like anything would move out of place but I'm not certain.
    2. Need to order SPC camber bolts and get an alignment done. With the cut coils, I was able to get close to the Carfixer alignment specs. Way lower now, so...no.
    3. I have new tires ordered and will have them mounted/balanced on Thursday morning. Since the 7 year-old Dunlops on the car are pretty bald, ride height and wheel well clearance will change. As such, I'm keeping the spanner wrench I borrowed until that time.

Looks great Adam!..I ordered mine as well, got the 700 lb springs, the price you got isn't online anymore. With the added weight of a blower etc..700 should be fine. 650 should be fine for n/a car as well. I asked if spanner wrench came with and they said yes..but maybe that is due to the $100 more price. What tires size did you go with? I have the 255/45 up front and have the camber bolts installed.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I think there was a glitch on the website or something but I'm happy I was able to take advantage of it. The spanner wrench is only $20 if I ever need to buy one so if that's part of why I got it $100 cheaper, I'm good with it.

CarID still has the HQs listed for $750 shipped here if you wanna save around $47 including the ride vs. buying from RideTech.

I hope you don't run into problems with the 255/45 up front, but have a feeling you may. The 235/50 is just fine in there with no rubs, despite it being pretty low - so I stuck with that size. You may just have to put that spanner to good use to make those 255s work.

I'd wish you luck on install but you won't need it, it's really not difficult at all.
    Last edited by a_d_a_m; 07-04-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Already ordered, My car is at MO's so sent there for install so it's one less thing to do.They arrive tomorrow. waiting on the supercharger guy to get my blower done (not a MO's shop guy..outside vendor) CDUB didn't have issues with the 255 up front. They are slightly shorter than stock height and about 3/8 wider per side..

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

The stance looks spot on. Nice to hear good things about aftermarket fitment & ride quality. Did you get single or double adjust ? How much did you have to lower the rear ?
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Single adjustable.
    I lowered the rear 2 years ago when I cut coils so that is unchanged.

ride tech does not have double adjustable except in the TQ series with the remote reservoir and are very pricey ..they are 24 position on shocks, QA1 has double adj. avail.

RQ series - no adj
    HQ series - adjustable with one knob
    Last edited by RubberCtyRauder; 07-04-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: correction

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information