Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with the Mark VIII engine?

I would have installed cams and headers on the 2V, over the 4V swap

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I would have installed cams and headers on the 2V, over the 4V swap
    This is a good idea also. However I got the complete 4v for $200. 2V was in pretty poor condition from prev owner.

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by Chayton View Post

Anyways end of topic. Thanks for sharing your wisdom, i will consider going back to 2v so i can get all meh torques back
    Don't be a smartass

There are far too many variables to pinpoint exactly how much torque you will "lose". It's a loaded question. How much are you making now? Dyno sheet?

It's more about where in the powerband you will make peak torque, not necessarily how much you will make. 2v makes it much lower in the powerband than 4v.
    At least on stock motors.

How will you operate the IMRCs on your B heads? If you are going to delete them, you just made your torque problem worse.

But you already knew that
    Ex Panther Owner

Dom, you can put a complete mark 8 engine in your marauder, it will bolt right up, I believe you have to reuse your current oil pan. You will encounter many issues you'll have to fix and make work. For one you will have to figure out what to do with the ignition system since the mark 8 engine ran spark plug wires and coil packs and it was controlled with an ignition control module unlike the marauder the pcm. I heard that you can use 03 valve caps and you will be able to use your current coil on plugs (COP) syste, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the intake air inlet whole is facing in the rear of the engine or the left side, so making the intake fictional will require you to relocate the battery etc. I read somewhere that the oil pump was revised in a certain year I believe was on 98, so you may want to look for the latest one possible.
    2003 Mercury Grandma on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by GoldPanther View Post
    Dom, you can put a complete mark 8 engine in your marauder, it will bolt right up, I believe you have to reuse your current oil pan. You will encounter many issues you'll have to fix and make work. For one you will have to figure out what to do with the ignition system since the mark 8 engine ran spark plug wires and coil packs and it was controlled with an ignition control module unlike the marauder the pcm. I heard that you can use 03 valve caps and you will be able to use your current coil on plugs (COP) syste, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the intake air inlet whole is facing in the rear of the engine or the left side, so making the intake fictional will require you to relocate the battery etc. I read somewhere that the oil pump was revised in a certain year I believe was on 98, so you may want to look for the latest one possible.

The 1997 and 1998 MkVIIIs used Coils on Plugs like the Vics and Marauders. The polarity may or may not be different, I do not know for sure, but I do know the Lincoln part number for coils IS DIFFERENT than that of the Ford part number and I also know for a fact that the COPs from the 99/01 Lincoln heads WILL NOT plug into a Marauder harness. You will need to keep the original Lincoln harness and swap plugs or slice wires or whatever it is you need to do to make it work.

2003 CVPI former Connecticut State Police Supervisor vehicle. 160,000 miles
    Upgrades: 3.55 Posi, 200amp alternator and new decoupler, lighting relay mod, KYBs in the rear, LTC leather rear seats, 70mm FoMoCo throttle body, and MZT mod with MPT custom tunes.
    DOHC swap to come! http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...3076313&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Don't be a smartass

There are far too many variables to pinpoint exactly how much torque you will "lose". It's a loaded question. How much are you making now? Dyno sheet?

It's more about where in the powerband you will make peak torque, not necessarily how much you will make. 2v makes it much lower in the powerband than 4v.
    At least on stock motors.

How will you operate the IMRCs on your B heads? If you are going to delete them, you just made your torque problem worse.

But you already knew that
    lol alright dude, I said the conversation was over, and thank you. You dont need to get butt hurt, let alone repeat yourself. Give it a rest.
    Last edited by Chayton; 06-09-2017 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Edit: if you post false information, I will call you out. Simple as that.

98 P71 SOLD

2003 MARAUDER - BLACK ~ Race Car
    2003 MARAUDER - DARK BLUE PEARL ~ DD
    2002 Crown Vic Sport ~ top secret project car

Quote Originally Posted by Chayton View Post
    lol alright dude, I said the conversation was over, and thank you. You dont need to get butt hurt, let alone repeat yourself. Give it a rest.
    Comments like this ^^^ are why I no longer post here.

Good luck with your garbage B head motor, don't know why I even bother.
    Ex Panther Owner

Why do we have to be like this?

2003 CVPI former Connecticut State Police Supervisor vehicle. 160,000 miles
    Upgrades: 3.55 Posi, 200amp alternator and new decoupler, lighting relay mod, KYBs in the rear, LTC leather rear seats, 70mm FoMoCo throttle body, and MZT mod with MPT custom tunes.
    DOHC swap to come! http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...3076313&page=1

Because people ask questions, get answers they don't like from guys who can do this stuff in their sleep, then can't figure out why something won't work or it underperforms.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

y

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Comments like this ^^^ are why I no longer post here.

Good luck with your garbage B head motor, don't know why I even bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewstang View Post
    Because people ask questions, get answers they don't like from guys who can do this stuff in their sleep, then can't figure out why something won't work or it underperforms.
    These exactly
    I eat apples until my stomach feels much more full than its normal.

LOL I love this car nerd talk. Arguing over heads. hahahahaha

Thanks for the newly acquired knowledge and humor.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Why not pick up a complete 03 Cobra engine? They range from $3500-8K depending on miles and condition. There's a burned one on car-parts.com right now for $3500 bucks complete with blower and all. You don't need the electrical bits. If they're offering it for sale, the fire didn't destroy the important parts. Or, a complete low-mile aviator engine for 1.6-2K and build it from there. I don't think it's going to prove to be worth it to take a harder path.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350 View Post
    LOL I love this car nerd talk. Arguing over heads. hahahahaha

Thanks for the newly acquired knowledge and humor.

I was trying to post facts.
    And you're welcome for the knowledge.
    Ex Panther Owner

Quote Originally Posted by GoldPanther View Post
    So much wrong in this post I think my mind exploded

Dom just go to the Lincoln boards if you want info on MarkVIII engines.
    Ex Panther Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
    Why not pick up a complete 03 Cobra engine? They range from $3500-8K depending on miles and condition. There's a burned one on car-parts.com right now for $3500 bucks complete with blower and all. You don't need the electrical bits. If they're offering it for sale, the fire didn't destroy the important parts. Or, a complete low-mile aviator engine for 1.6-2K and build it from there. I don't think it's going to prove to be worth it to take a harder path.
    This year at Carlisle ,Coyote conversions were scattered. The Lincolns of distinction club had 2 Mark VIII Coyote conversions ,looked factory. There has been a Converted p71 Vic and a Marauder posted on this sight as well.
    Roger that

Assembled 8/25/03. In service 11/5/03.[Safford Lincoln Mercury] . Returned from Service to Dundalk Lincoln Mercury 7/12/11 Adopted and reassigned to Street Duty 7/29/11 .at Car Center [Waldorf Ford] /Waldorf MD. # 27 of 997 silver burch #103 of 3214 Sold Oct 17, 2015. Replaced with 2016 XLT Explorer with 3:66 gear 4WD [ interceptor package] In addition 2015 -V6 Mustang added to the corral April 17,2015 with Roush upgrades .February 2018 upgraded to Explorer Sport , Ford blue ,intake upgrade, intake mod, Unleashed super tune, Governor removed. 1969 Mark III ,Forest Green still in fleet. Carlisle favorite .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information