Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Innovative Interceptors "megs"

Unhappy Innovative Interceptors "megs"

OK folks...I just recieved my new "megs" (resonator-less) from Inovative Interceptors...
    The product description says...
    "Same Marauder pipe that you all love"...etc.
    Well the one that came on my Marauder don't have the word "megs" embossed
    on the top of them....
    Man, what a disappointment...
    We all have these nice clean automobiles and someone wants to put this crap on them....NOT ME...
    Mine are going back...
    Is this what you guys have been putting on you cars?...looks like Low-rider stuff to me...
    Why do products have to have their advertisement stamped on them?
    If there is any doubt...I'm REALLY disappointed...
    Walt.
    Modifications to my 2004 Mercury Marauder:
    "Xcalibrator SCT" Flash...BEST MODIFICATION...
    "Ford Racing" 410 gear
    18"X8.5" Black Bullitt Wheels
    Black Lugs and Black Aluminum Valve stems
    "Ford Racing" Center caps
    Black Wilwood Brakes (fronts)
    A-Pillar Mounted "ScanGauge II"
    "Powered By Ford" coil covers
    30% Window Tint
    "X-pel" Light Shields
    "Magnaflow" Stainless Mufflers
    "Pro-gard" skid plate
    "WeatherTech" window deflectors
    "Stealth Tech" Parking/turn lamps
    Rear Spoiler
    "Sylvania" Silver Stars headlight lamps
    "Kenny Brown" dead pedal
    "Megs" delete resonator tips
    "SS" Titanium Inserts
    Blacked out window trim

Quote Originally Posted by Architect
    on the top of them....
    We all have these nice clean automobiles and someone wants to put this crap on them....NOT ME...
    Mine are going back...
    Is this what you guys have been putting on you cars?...looks like Low-rider stuff to me...
    Walt.
    I think yours might be the only Marauder without the word MEGS on the top of the tip in this case. Thats weird. You sure you dont allready have aftermarket ones installed?
    2003A Mercury Marauder. Sold it, miss it.

USMC 06-10-96 to 06-21-06. AH-1W and UH-1N!!!! OORAH!!

Mine say Megs from the factory. Take a good look, its tucked under the bumper.

My 03 and Mrs TR's 04 had Megs stamped on the top of the OEM tips. You can't see it on the factory install becaust the tips are slightly under the bumper. We swaped them out for the resonator deletes and have had no regrets.

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

Mine are stock and say Megs on top..
    Ray

"87" Grand National

i think they look beautiful...i just installed mine this week...and the sound difference is crazy....

what lowriders have you been lookin at???

and the factory tips have the same etching....
    former owner...2003 marauder black

vortech air/air reichard 3.4 pulley
    dr exhaust w/ mac stainless mufflers
    baer 14in brakes, stainless hoses
    4.30's
    31spline mosers, auburn pro, tfs girdle
    dynotech shaft
    305 nittos

sold!

WolfeBros Guest
    The stock ones say MEGS on them too.

my 300a says Megs on them. Did you buy your car new? If it was used then maybe the original owner swapped them out.
    RIP 03 Procharged Marauder/FIT Kit #3.
    New Toy: 2001 Mustang GT built motor, heads, cams, and a Procharger D1sc. 539rwhp 457rwtq 11.5@125 on stock rear end and bald drag radials.

OK folks...I just recieved my new "megs" (resonator-less) from Inovative Interceptors...
    on the top of them....
    Mine are going back...
    Walt.

I dont think its fair that you call my Product offering 'crap'... this is the same tip, less the resonator on the production car; this is the same 26" Long Exhaust tip that has been around on the concept Blackhawk (Ford Internal name aka '5Pass') since the Marauder concept has been around. Its the same exhaust tip that was fitted onto the car, less the resonator. How am I sure?

When the MM was still in production, I was buying them and the Meg's people were pulling them right off the line. The ones I didnt buy were the ones that were going to further processing for resonators, and then to STAP for assembly on Marauders.

The ones they pulled off the line for me, were without the resonator, boxed up and shipping them to my shop and then to the folks here. Still dont believe me? Call Craig Stenberg, the Owner of Cone Engineering, who owns the Megs Exhaust Line.

The tips you ordered off the website, sir, and I shipped, are delete tips. The SAME kind as whats on the car, less the 'resonator' welded inside of it. Complete with the Megs Inscription. Unless you bought your car used and someone changed the tips out, or it was involved in some terrible rearend collision that smashed everything in the rear end.

Megs has been well known in the Industry of Hot Rods, and part of the marketing feature of the Marauder's muscle car heritage was to have "Megs Tips" and "Auto Meter Gauges" Name Recognition.

Read for yourself here:
    http://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtes...de/mercury.htm

Another bright point: Exhaust pipes with stainless steel Megs tips.
    http://www.autoweb.lycos.com/content...r/Year_si/2003
    The Marauder sports true dual exhausts - 2" diameter up front, 2¼" in back, with 3½" polished stainless Megs tips. The pipes provide a pleasing rumble (production models were actually toned down from pre-production levels).
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/...7-marauder.htm
    Stainless steel dual exhaust pipes are polished their final 3 1/2 feet, so no dirty gray finish shows under the car, and the exhaust pipes are capped with Megs brand tips, another name that'll resonate with the passionate.
    Heres a picture I just took in my Garage. Yup I dont even have delete tips on my car yet. Looks like it says "Megs" to me...

Heres a shot of the "Resonator" That is on the stock cars.

If you dont want the product, I'll take it back. You pay the shipping. I have sold hundreds of sets of these tips and I have NEVER had an unsatisfied customer that has purchased these. And I defintely don't want anyone to have to keep something they don't want, so send them back and I will refund your credit card.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=20731
    Quote Originally Posted by Architect on Aug 24 2005
    I need help (as usual)...I've looked, but I can't seem to find a PICTURE OF THE "STOCK" EXHAUST SYSTEM ...
    If someone is familar with the photo library...please direct me to same...
    I'm beginning to question wheather or not my exhaust is stock...
    I bought mine with 5800 miles on it....so it could have been modified by the first owner...
    thanks, Walt.
    Last edited by wchain; 10-11-2005 at 08:53 PM.
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Walt.

Just Kidding
    Last edited by Rider90; 10-11-2005 at 08:35 PM.

I have an early build date 300A. "Megs" is carved into the tops of my stock exhaust tips.

on the top of them....
    Mine are going back...
    Walt.
    I don't follow. Did the tips you just received from Wes say "Megs?" Do the tips on your car, as you bought it, say "Megs?" Are you complaining because they are stamped or are not stamped?

First of all, your first order of business would be to contact Wes directly. Start a dialog on the phone so Wes can assist or enlighten you. He would have made the same return offer to you on the phone. That's the way it works around here.

Secondly, here's a picture of delete tips with "Megs" in the Gallery. I did a simple search using "tips."

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/galle...php?photo=6519

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/galle...php?photo=6521

Thirdly, you are the first person to complain since Wes brought us the delete tips to the Board.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    This is the way all the Megs tips came, resonated or not. All were engraved. If yours didnt come with them, you would be the first ever, unless you are the second owner and they have been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    I don't follow. Did the tips you just received from Wes say "Megs?" Do the tips on your car, as you bought it, say "Megs?" Are you complaining because they are stamped or are not stamped?

First of all, your first order of business would be to contact Wes directly. Start a dialog on the phone so Wes can assist or enlighten you. He would have made the same return offer to you on the phone. That's the way it works around here.

Secondly, here's a picture of delete tips with "Megs" in the Gallery. I did a simple search using "tips."

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/galle...php?photo=6519

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/galle...php?photo=6521

Thirdly, you are the first person to complain since Wes brought us the delete tips to the Board.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    on the top of them....
    Mine are going back...
    Walt.

Well Walt, your disappointment should be with the tips that came on your car. If they don't have "MEGS" on them, they ARE NOT original Marauder tips.
    Someone has pulled one over on you, and I guarantee it wasn't Innovative Interceptors!

texasvic Guest
    I think it's pretty clear he has whistle tips.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information