Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many forum users does it take to change a light bulb?

2003Marauder Guest

How many forum users does it take to change a light bulb?

Found this on the Thunderbird web site--enjoy:

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    1 to move it to the Lighting section
    2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say "Do a Search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Perfect!

This isn't the lightbulb forum. Perhaps Logan can move it there.
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

gobbletwo Guest
    Originally posted by Dr Caleb
    This isn't the lightbulb forum. Perhaps Logan can move it there.

Here's a real change the light bulb tale..... How Many Days Does It Take Sheriff To Change A Light Bulb?

Turned the light on and walked into the kitchen one night. It was obvious we had lost a few light bulbs in the enclosed fixture to old age. So I set out to correct the problem.

First, I noticed the UL notice said "do not exceed 60 watt bulbs". I didn't have any 60 watt bulbs. I couldn't even find any 40 watt bulbs. So I put the glass cover back in place with the intent of buying bulbs the next day.

The next day rolled around and I was standing in the kitchen fixing the problem. This time as I replaced the glass cover, it slipped from my hand and shattered into 32,986 pieces as it hit the rock floor. And I still had to come off the little step ladder barefooted. If airports ever install glass detectors I am sure I will never be able to fly again.

So..... the next day I had to go looking for a replacement for the glass. I found one and handled it like a dozen of eggs balanced on a tight wire all the way home.

Three days since the beginning... I had replaced 2 60 watt bulbs and the glass cover. But things still weren't quite right. I had a combination of "soft glow" light bulbs and "normal" light bulbs. I set out again the next day to buy 4 light bulbs alike. Went through the entire process of installation again. Except this time I promised myself not to let the glass cover slip from my hand.

So, the answer is..... took me four days to change a light bulb.

I am now officially qualified to be one of the ----> "14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently "

6 people who will distantly relate their kids hockey practice or wife's cooking to the light bulb story and get way off track for a page or two of posts!
    2007 Honda Accord V6. Fit for a father of two. 5% tint all around.

Talking Just one word?

Originally posted by SergntMac
    Perfect!

Just one word? Not like you, but as usally right on target

Be back in 6 months
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Isn't it time to get this thread started again?
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

I remember when this was first posted, I laughed just as hard on the second read though.

I Don't know. It took me a while to change Silverstars on a member's MM.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

All I can say is, it sounds damned familiar... Welcome to my world.

Patrick Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Perfect!

This subject sure brought back some painful memories.

I'm getting new fog/driving light housings under waranty on the 13th - it seems they've been filling up w/water!
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

2005Marauder Guest
    Thanks to the "forum lurker" for resurrecting the post that I originally made. Had almost forgotten that it was my post. One of the best posts that I every ran across. Still good reading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information