Thread: Idea on how to get Build #

Idea on how to get Build #

Ok this may seem like a wild and crazy idea, but I figure its worth a shot.

Ford must have records of all the cars built in at least one of these combinations: All 03/04 model year cars, All cars built in 02, 03, and 04, All Panther platform or Grand Marquis for 03/04 model year. All Panther platform or Grand Marquis built in 02, 03, and 04, all Mercury's built in those yearly combinations, or even all vehicles built in the plant the Marauder was built in (sorry dont remember the name) again in those yearly combinations.

Now there has to be a record of these cars in one of those combos with their attached vin #. Or even just a list of all Ford vin #'s issued for the either the model year or the actual year. The reason why I am seperating model year and actual year is some 03's were built in 02 just like some 04's were built in 03.

Now if we got this giant list, given the number of active members we could split up the sections and we could mark which ones are marauders. Then having the full list we could put them in order and count them up. e.t.c. IMO once we obtained a list the rest is easy. The problem is actually getting this list if it exists, which I'm sure there has to be a record somewhere.

So any thoughts on how to go about getting a list of this nature? I was thinking maybe the plant or Ford directly may be able to provide the info. Anyone know if its possible to request this kind of info as a stock holder? Anyone know anyone at Ford that may be able to either provide the info or at least shed some light on if its possible to obtain it and if so how?
    2003 300A
    Black Marauder with Tints
    K&N Intake, Accufab TB, VRS catted mid pipe, SCT SF Tune, PHP Control Arms. Sold in 2014, totaled out in 2015
    1994 Mustang GT
    Red Convertible
    1/2 Vampire, prefers to stay in a garage as opposed to seeing light.

I would like to know, too.

If it is possible, one can compile a list all of the M75 (Grand Marquis LS) VINs and take out ones with the W engine code. All that is left on the list is the M75 that has the engine code V - our MMs for 2003. The list should include build dates so the numbering should be easy. I will say this from experience: vehicles built one after the other in VIN number sequence are not necessarily built on the same day.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I am laying claim to having the first blue marauder built even if it isn't true. From this day forward, I will refer to it as BMxxx001, yeah.

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

The problem with the list, is VIN are like SSnumbers with cars. WIth a full VIN, unscrupulous person can "do things, bad things" to you and your car. SO even though I would love to know, I don't need to know THAT badly.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Quote Originally Posted by MAD-3R
    The problem with the list, is VIN are like SSnumbers with cars. WIth a full VIN, unscrupulous person can "do things, bad things" to you and your car. SO even though I would love to know, I don't need to know THAT badly.
    Yeah that the only hang up I really see. I have no doubt a list exists but obtaining is the hard part because of what some people would do with that info.
    2003 300A
    Black Marauder with Tints
    K&N Intake, Accufab TB, VRS catted mid pipe, SCT SF Tune, PHP Control Arms. Sold in 2014, totaled out in 2015
    1994 Mustang GT
    Red Convertible
    1/2 Vampire, prefers to stay in a garage as opposed to seeing light.

Thread Information