Thread: Best strategy for selling my early build 300a?

Unhappy Best strategy for selling my early build 300a?

Hi guys,

It looks like I'm going to have to sell my early build 300a.

I need to get as much for it as possible since I owe more on it still than it's worth since I bought full price when it was the first one in state. It's got 6y/100k ESP on it.

Any suggestions on the best technique to sell a car like this?

I've also got a set of "tetsu's winter package" tires and wheels, do I offer them along with the car?

Usually, I just keep cars until they are about dead and then give them to someone that needs a car.

Thanks for any advice.
    Johnny
    - SCT ala DR. Yippee!!

Very sorry to hear this John, not good news.

I have little advice about selling cars as lately I seem to only be buying them!

As far as the snows, you may want to keep them as the season is nearing it's end. That package is always good for $500 or so. Maybe that will come in handy next winter.

Good luck, and so sorry...
    2017 Niro

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)
    I'm sorry too Johnny...

I honestly don't think you have any good options. List it on the site or try eBay but you're going to take a bath on this one...Is there something else you can sell and build a few years worth of equity in the Marauder? Maybe the prices will increase when production ends...maybe not. I hate being the bearer of bad news but I think you probably already knew this stuff.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by tetsu
    Hi guys,

It looks like ......

.......I've also got a set of "tetsu's winter package" tires and wheels, do I offer them along with the car?

Thanks for any advice.
    Johnny
    Ahh, the original Winter Tire Package !
    First off, you are only getting any money for that snow set, if you sell them to a private buyer. If you trade it in, you are better off to sell the snows here on MM.net.

To right out sell the MM, you are probably best off to sell it thru Autotrader.com, edmunds.com or the site, that Sarge sold his MM thru. I can't remember the website, but they paid him cash and he got a pretty good price for it.

My brother sold his last vehicle thru edmunds.com. It took a while (2 months) to sell, but he got what he was asking for, which was the TMV.

Sorry to hear that we are loosing an WI MM. There are only a few of us as is.

Good luck Johnny.

Peter aka MMM2003

P.S.: You will always be remebered as the original "tetsu's winter tire package" guy !!
    300A Stock MM03 born on 6/25/2002 - sold June 2010!
    (owner from 8/26/2002 - June 2010)

- Production# 2003 of 7838
    - @17000miles 1/4 in 15.1s@93.3mph
    - 180 TStat
    - 235/50/18 on all four corners
    - Dyno tune by SCT (Jerry W.) on 04-03-04
    @ 260.7 hp/285.5 ft-lbs
    - Front and rear EBC brakes with SS lines
    - PHP upper & lower rear control arms
    - Metco C/F intake tube
    - Infinity speakers

John - I am also sorry. I wish I had the answer but I don't. Good luck with the sale of your Marauder. I hope it works out for you.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Silver_04 Guest
    Well, one thing you can do is sell that extended warranty. I got rid of the one on my '02 Mustang when I sold it and pocketed almost $800. I seem to think they are transferable but no one seemed to care about it in my case.

Generally speaking, once you're "upside down" in a car, there isn't much you can do but pay your way out. Worst case is finding someone to "take over the payments" and walk away. Don't feel bad though, every one of us early buyers took a big hit on this car's value, a sin I'm not ready to forgive. There's no escaping this, but we did get a year of joy others missed out on, and that has to be worth something.

Care to give us an idea of what you need to clear the title? One of us may be able to hook you up with a buyer. "300A" was once just a "300," and those MMs rock.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 03-18-2004 at 03:42 PM.

I would give Ebay a try.

"Stunningly beautiful all black special edition Mercury Marauder. High performance 32 valve V8 engine with Roush designed intake. 18" alloy wheels with Marauder handling package. " dada dada dada about warranty, miles and the love and care it has enjoyed.

I hate to see you bail out, I was reading your posts last year long before I bought
    my "A"
    Last edited by rumble; 03-18-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Thread Information