Thread: Installed Trilogy SC and now air ride inop

Installed Trilogy SC and now air ride inop

I had a professional install a trilogy motorsports supercharger (LOVING IT). I picked it up and all was fine but after 2 weeks the I noticed it was sitting low in the rear. It seems the air ride suspension is not working (probably not powered). Checked the fuse and it's ok. Flipped the switch in the trunk to no avail.

Anyone know whether there is a point in the installation where they would have messed with the electric to the air ride???

Thanks,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Kundinge View Post
    I had a professional install a trilogy motorsports supercharger (LOVING IT). I picked it up and all was fine but after 2 weeks the I noticed it was sitting low in the rear. It seems the air ride suspension is not working (probably not powered). Checked the fuse and it's ok. Flipped the switch in the trunk to no avail.

Anyone know whether there is a point in the installation where they would have messed with the electric to the air ride???

Thanks,

Don
    If the air ride was off the back end would bounce all over the place...

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

But if it is sitting low, then that is likely the case. It is possible (though why, I've no idea) that they may have bumped the leveling control rod on the axle. You didn't have gears installed lately, did you?

There isn't much in the Trilogy install that could affect the rear air suspension.

The only thing I'd wonder about is when the intercooler pump was wired if they pulled anything loose or blew a fuse in the electrical box.

Does the air pump run off a relay in the distribution box? Maybe that's a spot to check as well.
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Fuse 16 (15A) in the passenger cabin protects the following circuits: Reversing lamps, Shift lock, DRL module, VAP Steering, Electronic day/night mirror, Overhead console, Air suspension, and Climate control.

High-current fuse 114 (30A) in the engine compartment protects these circuits: VAP Steering, Air suspension compressor, Instrument cluster

If either of these fuses were blown, you'd have a lot more things affected than just the air suspension.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Don't you have to upgrade the fuel pump? If so they prolly had to remove the gas tank. They might have disconnected the leveling arm from the Watts link to the body.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Don't you have to upgrade the fuel pump? If so they prolly had to remove the gas tank. They might have disconnected the leveling arm from the Watts link to the body.

Not on a TRILOGY kit, unless you want too.
    Now along that line... who attached the KB boost-a-pump?
    The wrong wires didn't get snipped by any chance?
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

You don't have to upgrade the pump in the tank on a basic Trilogy install - uses the stock peice. You do however install a Kenne Belle boost-a-pump, they may have damaged some of the wiring when installing that in the trunk?

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadfan View Post
    You don't have to upgrade the pump in the tank on a basic Trilogy install - uses the stock peice. You do however install a Kenne Belle boost-a-pump, they may have damaged some of the wiring when installing that in the trunk?
    That or coincidently something has failed in the air suspension system.
    It did happen two weeks later after all
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    That or coincidently something has failed in the air suspension system.
    It did happen two weeks later after all
    Good point, they do hold pressure, but not sure even a newer system would hold for 2 weeks time.

My friends town car has well over 100k and I notice his air compressor comes on more often than mine, probably due to the older air system leaking more than my lower mileage one, even still, I suspect you would notice sagging prior to 2 weeks time.

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Is the check air suspension lamp on?

Do you hear the compressor cycling?
    -My Homepage and Panther tech-

My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis Supercharged LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Thanks for the suggestions. Checked the fuses in both locations and found them OK. Not hearing the air compressor at all. They did do a dyno with the wheels off so you may be correct about the leveling arm.

The air suspension has an OBD connector. I've never done it but in theory you could see if there is a code showing.
    Mischief Managed!
    Retired to weekend trips.
    105k miles.
    04MM Fully Loaded.
    Trillogy Stage II
    Metco RCA
    Baer Big A$$ Brakes
    GT40 Fuel Pump
    Lowered Suspension

Thread Information