Thread: 03-11 Front Suspension Torque Specs

03-11 Front Suspension Torque Specs

So this is the list that I have come up with so I can put my IFS back together from a complete strip down and rebuild. Was hoping a few folks here could take a look and see if I have any of them wrong.

Removed chart due to inaccurate torque values and updated some of the wording. See Post #5 for new chart.

Let me know what you guys think as I am wanting to start putting this together soon. If someone can confirm the "lower control arm nut to rear bushing" torque I will change it or remove the ** on the attached file and remove my note pertaining to that.
    Last edited by Aerocoupe; 02-08-2019 at 08:36 PM.

03-11 Front Suspension Torque Specs

Alldata shows the rearward control arm bushing to control arm nut to be 111 ft. lbs.

Lower arm to frame nuts 85 ft. lbs.

Steering gear (rack and pinion) studs 76 lb. lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by justbob; 02-07-2019 at 11:55 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thanks for the clarifications. I pulled all of this from various sources and then finally just gave up and figured someone on here would have the shop manuals or something from Ford that would correct the data.

So are you sure that the studs get torqued into the cross member to 76 ft-lb? Seems like that would strip out the threads in the aluminum as they do not have a Helicoil insert. From what I read the studs are torqued into the cross member to 13 ft-lb and the nut that secures the rack to the stud is then torqued to 76 ft-lb.

Odd indeed. I took that from the steering specs page. I just compared that to the specs on the suspension page and it listed 13 ft. lbs.??

I’m pretty big on torque specs until it comes to steering/suspension. Unless critical I go by feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

So I found a site that had the 2008 CV service manual on it with some annoying popup every other page going forward or backwards. Website with the service manual is here:

https://workshop-manuals.com/ford/cr...pecifications/

I pulled out of it what I needed and have attached the updated torque chart and deleted the one from my previous post. Hope this helps someone later down the road.

Thread Information