Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro Marauderville 2017

Thanks for the info Dereck, I'm still glad to have you there even if it's just for the burger.

Old School Custom Works is a great place and the owner is a lot of fun to talk to. They want me to confirm the number of cars we'll be bringing by the beginning of September so basically you have until Euro Marauderville to decide if you can make it to Stuttgart. It's a single day event but they start relatively early at 10 AM in the morning and it's open ended, last year I've been there until midnight, so you should be looking to spent at least 1 or 2 nights in a hotel. I'll let you know about local hotels in the area.

For driving to Stuttgart from the UK I recommend taking your usual route to Cologne and then head south from there. There's a quicker route through France that takes you past Reims and Metz but motorway tolls in France are horrendous.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Hi MG Driver

Well I can confirm Jane and myself will be at The Old School Custom Works so there had better be somewhere in Weinstadt that does a good burger, we will be staying overnight and driving back Sunday so inside information on a hotel could be useful.

I had looked at the possible routes to Stuttgart and was wondering how much tolls were in France, looks like Cologne and head south it is.

Take care dude

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

That's fantastic news, Dereck! Will be amazing to crash the B-Body and Impala SS meeting with 4 Marauders.

This is a hotel I'm booked in at, they have a fantastic burger restaurant on site too. I would suggest staying for 2 nights to drive out on Friday and return Sunday

Hotel am Engelberg
    Ostlandstraße 2
    73650 Winterbach

The meeting starts at 10 AM on Saturday and we need to be there half hour before it starts because we have a reserved spot for our 4 Marauders on the show grounds so we need to be there ahead of time to claim them, everybody who hasn't made it to the show grounds by 10 must park outside in the visitor car park as they will close it off.

Driving through France would cost you an extra £50 in tolls whilst driving through Germany is basically free and the actual difference in distance is only about 20 miles.

Hi MGDriver

I cannot arrive on Friday due to work so will be driving overnight leaving my hometown about 7pm Friday evening. My cross channel train pulls in at Calais at 2am so arriving at the show by 10am might be a little bit of a squeeze depending on traffic, if I get to the train early I may be able to take an earlier train which would take the pressure off, maybe you could use your influence with the organisers to let me in if I arrive a little adrift.

Oh yeah I booked a night at the suggested hotel

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

I spoke to the organiser on the phone yesterday and he said he'd be willing to make an exception just for us. I'll be there early Saturday morning to help setting things up a bit and will then reserve 4 parking spots for us Marauders in a row and instruct the staff let you guys in after closing time.

You won't be the only one to come in later as Thomas from Switzerland told me he's been booked in for a night shift that Friday so he probably won't make it for 10 either.

Well what can I say about this years Euro-Marauderville last weekend? First of all September is a bad choice for hosting a car meet, out of the 10 people who wanted to attend only 5 were able to make it and only 4 were able to stay for the whole weekend. Thus I have decided to move next years Marauderville into May in the hopes of getting more people to attend.

We met up on Friday night at Miss Peppers American Restaurant on the Mönkeloh Truck Stop off the Autobahn A33 in Paderborn, Germany. Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home so I only have a crappy cellphone picture of the Marauder lineup that night. Our British friend Dereck did another one of his famous burger runs, traveling 600 miles from England and back on a single day just to meet us for a burger because his work schedule doesn't allow him to stay the weekend. The rest of us spent the night at the Road House Hotel on the truck stop.

The next morning I was able to take photos of the Mercury lineup at the hotel after breakfast. I purposefully don't say Marauder here as we had a guy who came out in his Grand Marquis.

After some pictures we left the hotel and headed out to our first stop at the Wewelsburg Castle which served as an SS headquarter and concentration camp during the Third Reich. Again it was picture time.

We had a look around the castle and its attached museum, photograhpy was forbidden inside as it serves as a memorial to all of those who died in the nearby concentration camp during the Third Reich.

To be continued in the following post...
    Last edited by MGDriver; 09-09-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Upon leaving the castle we stopped for some more quick pictures with a nice backdrop.

Then we continued to the next town for some lunch and of course the cars needed a drink as well so 3 thirsty Marauders emptied the local gas station of a tiny German village, that guy in his little Skoda probably wondered why he couldn't pump any gas.

I took no more pictures on that day although we still went for a nice cruise through the beautiful the countryside which I got a video of that I might still upload.

On the next day we hit up a small American car show organized by the local Mustang club. People loved our four door Mustangs as they called them.

After the car show it was time to say goodbye and hopefully until next year but no Euro-Marauderville ends without a group photo with the "Rebel With A Cause" Banner in front of our cars.

Euro-Marauderville Statistics:

Marauders in attendence: 4 + 1 Grand Marquis.
    Nationalities in attendence: 3 - Germany, England, USA.
    Miles travelled: 1220 and that's 1960 kilometers for us metric folks.

• Dereck - 03' BLK - Somerset, England - 600 travelled miles
    • Esilar - 04' SB - Berlin, Germany - 270 travelled miles
    • MunsterBro95 - 03' SB - Kaiserslautern, Germany - 240 travelled miles
    • MGDriver - 03' BLK - Paderborn, Germany - 110 travelled miles

Euro-Marauderville 2017:

Our forth annual Marauderville will be moved from September to the month of May next year in the hopes of finding a more suitable date for everyone. It will most likely be hosted in Paderborn again as we couldn't do some of the activities that were planned for this year because we weren't enough people, our visit to the Bilster Berg Drive Resort was cancelled for that reason as they required a minimum of 20 people for their tour and we were only 7 so hopefully we can do that next year.

Excellent post!

Thanks for sharing
    1963 Marauder S-55, Super Marauder 406
    Only factory 406 powered Marauder, and earliest built Marauder documented to still exist.
    https://sites.google.com/a/wmich.edu/supermarauder/
    ______________________________ _____________

First retailed 2003 Marauder
    Bought 6 June 2002

Wow. Simply awesome. How cool. I can just imagine the looks on everyone when a caravan of MM's are heading through the countryside of Europe.

This is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I put my Marauderville III shirt on as I read your email. While not with you in person, I was with you in spirit.

I took my '04 Marauder out this weekend for a car show. It was the first Marauder many of the car owners had ever seen. It feels good to drive a rare beast.

Here's the promised video of our Marauders on a little Autobahn cruise, unfortuantely I couldn't remember my YouTube password since I haven't used it for ages so instead I uploaded it to my Facebook and made it public so hopefully you should be able to watch it.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1632347013506660

Yep. Guess who it is at 1:45 haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information